Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2016 9:31:06 PM EDT
I just finished Eugene Sledge's "With the Old Breed".  That book should be studied in depth in every high school!  Absolutely fantastic book.  Anyway, I've been meaning to change pace and leave the war books for a while and I have been wanting to read a real good book about Wernher Von Braun.  I would like to find a book that covers his whole life.  Thank for any recommendations.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Operation Paperclip.  He was very santized.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 7:56:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just finished Eugene Sledge's "With the Old Breed".  That book should be studied in depth in every high school!  Absolutely fantastic book.  Anyway, I've been meaning to change pace and leave the war books for a while and I have been wanting to read a real good book about Wernher Von Braun.  I would like to find a book that covers his whole life.  Thank for any recommendations.
View Quote

What exactly about von Braun do you want to learn?  I've got some good space race books in mind if that is what you're looking for...
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 10:15:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What exactly about von Braun do you want to learn?  I've got some good space race books in mind if that is what you're looking for...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basically his overall story from his youth to the space program.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 5:10:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most of the ones I've read recently were from the early astronaut point of view that mentioned von Braun and how he got to the Saturn V...  Nothing really specific about him unfortunately...
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:10:24 PM EDT
[#6]
"The Rocket and the Reich" is a great book, although not specifically about Von Braun.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 8:36:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Dr. Space  by Bob Ward!
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top