Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 8/28/2015 7:51:49 PM EDT
I don't know if any of ya'll kept current on the Hugo awards this year and the politics of the situation, but here's a really nice post by Peter David:

http://www.peterdavid.net/2015/08/28/is-there-an-anti-gun-presidential-candidate/

Personally, with a few exceptions, I do my best to ignore the personal politics of authors I like. It's the books they write that I'm interested iun, not their opinions on political matters. But, in this case, I felt the need to leave a comment. Apparently what I wrote was so offensive that he 'disemvoweled' my post.

Strongly disagree with your opinion on this matter and I’m deeply disappointed with how rude, condescending, and uninformed you are on this subject and unwillingness to even attempt a civil conversation on the subject. If you are not willing to entertain a discussion on the subject, you could have simply disabled comments.
However, I’m able to not judge an author’s work by their personal politics. Y write great books that I do enjoy and for that reason, you will always have a spot on my shelf.
And if you decide to broaden your horizons, there are plenty of writers and fans that would be happy to take you to a range and do their best to ensure that you have an educational and fun day.
View Quote

But the 'rightwingers' are the rude, close minded, bigots that can't handle anyone or anything that they disgree with.

Real classy, Mr. David. I can't imagine what would happen if a kid with a 2A tshirt came up to him at a Con and asked for an autograph.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow he comes off like a child. He leaves the comment section open then states; "I will be rude to anyone who doesn’t agree with me on this. It’s that simple." Then starts removing posts he doesn't like. His site, his rules and all that but he comes off extremely childish, almost like a school yard bully.

And its LOL funny to see the various people spout the typical often discredited Brady/Bloomberg talking points. Including how the NRA has so much influence.Amazing that a group with only 5 million members has such influence and control considering they are ranked #77 on the list of top political donor organizations. Funny that union organizations comprise 6 of the top 10 organizations that contribute. With SEIU being the number 1 top donor. As is always the case those who spout such propaganda are, willfully or blissfully, ignorant of facts and reality.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:39:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I want the 99 cents back I spent on one of his ebooks last year to help him pay some medical bills.

Guess the next time he writes a comic book with the Punisher in it he'll kill the bad guys with flower.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:52:22 AM EDT
[#3]
David hasn't been relevant in 15 years.

When his last 3 series at DC were canceled due to low sales, all he did was blame somebody else. Lack of promotion, editorial interference, fans not getting the "brilliant" story, and so on were his excuses. At the end of the day, he simply couldn't move enough product to continue printing the books in an already declining niche market.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:57:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:59:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I've heard good things about his Hulk run but never got around to reading them. At least with my Marvel Unlimited subscription I won't have to pay extra if I ever decide to check them out. More and more I find that I'm better off if I don't know the real world stances of the "artists" I enjoy. Kind of like Mark Hamill being anti-gun now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:06:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Never heard of the Dick. Fuck him sideways.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top