Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 5/31/2015 8:53:24 PM EDT
Hey guys have any of you read Walden? I have to read the book and do a lengthy research paper for my June class and was checking to see if anyone had any ideas as for topics that wouldn't be too bad.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#1]
It can be difficult to get through mainly due to the writing style of the time but it was an interesting endeavor Thoreau set out on. Good luck on your paper.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hey guys have any of you read Walden? I have to read the book and do a lengthy research paper for my June class and was checking to see if anyone had any ideas as for topics that wouldn't be too bad.
View Quote

Read it when I was a kid.  I cannot remember any of it.  BTW, nice screen name!
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 9:56:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Thoreau always looked at and tried to discover the relationships in nature and the spirituality that existed between them. Examples would be why does this seed to better in this type soil or why does this bird use this type of tree to nest in. You could use that as a start in your Essay.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:54:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I am going to try to read it this week and am glad its at least about nature. Just have to expand on the topic for 10 pages haha.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:34:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I have read Walden several times.

The central question to me is this:

Did Thoreau die a virgin?

I have found zero evidence that he ever got laid.  Not.even.once.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have read Walden several times.

The central question to me is this:

Did Thoreau die a virgin?

I have found zero evidence that he ever got laid.  Not.even.once.
View Quote

I'm not quite sure if my teacher would want me or if I could even do a 10 page research paper on that
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a copy, I really enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 1:37:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Another consideration is THE GOOD LIFE by Scott Nearing.

What HDT did for a few years, the Nearings did for 40+ years.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top