Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2015 4:54:47 AM EDT
Just  came out not too long ago. Anyone read it yet?

I follow the dude on instagram, and I just get the vibe that he just wants the publicity.

Interested to read his stuff though
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:11:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Is that the new thing? Because, I'm starting to feel like that's the new thing.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:18:31 AM EDT
[#2]
No link necessary, everyone knows exactly what you're thinking about.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:46:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry, linking on my phone is a pain in the ass. It's on amazon if you just look up the reaper
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sorry, linking on my phone is a pain in the ass. It's on amazon if you just look up the reaper
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I owe you an apology. I thought this was a GD post, did not see it was in Books forum. So I was kinda being an ignorant douche.

I listened to an episode or 2 of SOFREP Brandon Webb's podcast which had Nick Irving on. Nothing memorable. The book is probably interesting, but I'm wondering if somebody has set up a consulting/publishing gig and is pushing guys to churn out books. The co-author of this book also co-authored some books by Mike Ritland, another SOFREP guy. I don't have time to read all this stuff, so if it sells good on them I guess.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:05:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No, I owe you an apology. I thought this was a GD post, did not see it was in Books forum. So I was kinda being an ignorant douche.

I listened to an episode or 2 of SOFREP Brandon Webb's podcast which had Nick Irving on. Nothing memorable. The book is probably interesting, but I'm wondering if somebody has set up a consulting/publishing gig and is pushing guys to churn out books. The co-author of this book also co-authored some books by Mike Ritland, another SOFREP guy. I don't have time to read all this stuff, so if it sells good on them I guess.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha, no problem man. I do the same in GD.

Yeah, I figured as such. I've just never heard of the guy before. I might get around to reading it once the price drops or can find a used one. I can't justify $25-$35 on a book that i'll never read again
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#6]
One of my buddies said it was really good. I'll eventually pick it up in the future after I read my backlog of books (around 10 titles).
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought it.  I'm sure it is a lot of the same.  I've heard him talk on podcasts and he's got some great stories.  I hope he talks about the one where he hallucinates George Foreman during ranger school.

I have nearly all the books I can possibly have regarding special ops since 9/11.  It's my favorite genre.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I haven't read his newest version, but the one that came out a few years ago is the one I've read. It was rife with all sorts of errors, but it was a really enjoyable book. I felt more like I was sitting down having a beer with him hearing his stories, than I did reading a book.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 6:29:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Just finished it.   I enjoyed it.  Despite the dramatic proclamations on the cover, it wasn't trying to turn him into a larger than life character.  Was just an interesting story.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 7:15:25 AM EDT
[#10]
i thought the book was good, a little vague at times.  but i cant really be disappointed in a book that describes ventilating terrorists in a good amount of detail.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:33:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Just ok.  Got it at the library.  Finished it.  Meh.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top