Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 4/20/2015 9:24:13 PM EDT
Just wondering if other heavy readers like myself are out there scrounging Ebay for discounted books.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:49:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I buy books from there all the time.  I have had great luck buying them from the Goodwill sellers.  I have been shocked at the virtually unread condition that they come in.  For under $5 shipped for a Like New condition book that I would not be able to find locally you cannot beat eBay.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Either that or Amazon resellers. Paying Barnes and Noble prices is for suckers.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:44:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Library = free, in paper or by electrons.  I've only actually bought a few books (paper or electrons) in the last several years.  At least one off eBay, couple others Amazon, the grocery store book and magazine rack, library used book sale, etc.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:52:29 AM EDT
[#4]
All my books come from ebay
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:21:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to buy books there all of the time. Now I save my $ and go to the library instead.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:30:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Amazon resellers FTW, many times i snagged 50.00 titles used for a penny plus 3.99 shipping.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Occasionally I'll purchase books from Barnes and Noble to support the authors and publishers and to facilitate at least a demand for the books I'm buying. There's nothing more sobering than seeing a book store close down.

Libraries are great, but unfortunately some people are unable to accomodate their work schedules to those of public buildings.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#8]
This, local bookstore that sold Clancey paperbacks for $0.25 moved out of the area.

Kid got some college textbooks off Amazon, saved a ton of money.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Either that or Amazon resellers. Paying Barnes and Noble prices is for suckers.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:48:53 AM EDT
[#9]

I live in a small city of 130,000 residents and we don't even have a regular bookstore. There is 1 used bookstore that I know of, so yes eBay and Amazon all the time.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I buy a lot of books off ABE Books, online.  Check it out.  Lots of good deals.  ABE is sort of a place where many people or delers are listed.  Great bargains to be had.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I buy all my book off of thriftbooks.com Its usually 3$ or less for a book.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I buy all my book off of thriftbooks.com Its usually 3$ or less for a book.
View Quote

What condition do they arrive in?

I hate it when I order a book in like-new or good condition and it arrives in a loose envelope, with the pages stiff and yellow from improper storage, cover thrashed up, smelling like cigarettes.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top