Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 3/2/2015 7:10:15 PM EDT
I like mostly Nonfiction.  

I read anything from Stephen Hawkins to American sniper.

Recently I have read, the disappearing spoon, unbroken, American sniper, a few books about the universe, a walk in the woods, a short history of nearly everything, Into thin air, 50 years a trapper, etc.

So I like real adventure.  And I like science/physics that has some substance (not quite text book, but not dumbed down).

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Alaska's Wolfman is a good read.

The story of Dick Proenneke is pretty cool too.... One mans wilderness

Intersting but not as good as Wolfman, made famous by Charles Bronson movie. Mad Trapper
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#2]
This one is pretty good too, a kid gets dropped off in the Canadian North by himself to trap. True story, I met the author once. A very interesting man.  The call of the wilderness

I can let you borrow one if you have a Kindle...
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:56:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The book about the history of the Glock.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:46:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Shadow Divers

The Making of the A
tomic Bomb

Citizen Hughes

Command and Control: Nuclear Weapons, the Damascus Accident, and the Illusion of Safety

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Just finished "The Lion's Gate" . . first hand accounts of various soldiers, pilots, etc of the Six Day War in Israel in 1967. . Written by the same guy as "Gates of Fire". . . very good. . . helps to understand Israeli feelings on what's going on there as well. . .
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#6]
If you can find a copy, " Three Against The Wilderness " by Eric Collier is a good read. It's about a man and woman that purchased the trapping rights to 150,000 acres from the government of British Columbia and how they made a home on Meldrom Lake.
Copyright 1959
Library of Congress Catalouge Card Number : 59-10777
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#7]
"Diplomacy" is a good read, its long and obtuse at times, but if you enjoy history its a really great look into American foreign policy.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Blind Man's Bluff The untold story of US submarine espionage

Surely You're Joking, Mr Feynman  (Short bio of Richard Feynman)

The Siege of Mecca  (Story about how some Muslim radicals took over the Grand Mosque by force in 1979)

The Demon in the Freezer  (The story of Small pox)

What We Should be Worried About  (A bunch of short essays from experts in various fields about what the human race should be concerned about.)

Rise of the Warrior Cop
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#9]
The Black Rifle (after all, this is ARFCOM).  The seminal story of the M16.  And if you're interested in the M4, Black Rifle 2.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top