Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 9/25/2014 3:43:56 PM EDT
who are you guys using to print your books? I have an amazon ebook that needs a paperback edition. Is createspace any good?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:05:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
who are you guys using to print your books? I have an amazon ebook that needs a paperback edition. Is createspace any good?
View Quote

I have a real publisher now, with the next novel out this week. I startred out with signalman and they did a good job at a cost of $700. He's a vet and will cut you a break if you're a vet too.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#2]
createspace is who I used. Easy, reputable, links with amazon. Im happy with them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:22:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
createspace is who I used. Easy, reputable, links with amazon. Im happy with them.
View Quote

I agree. Createspace let me control how my book would look easily. I highly recommend the site.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:03:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I just released my second book last week. I have been using "Createspace" for print and KDP for Kindle eBooks. Now if you have a file already for eBook it is easy to transfer them over. Make sure you have the templates from them for the inside of the book. After you transfer everything review the copy online and then order a prof copy. You will also need to do the cover for the back and spine. I use GIMP software to make my own.

If you do another book and go with just print right off the bat. Save a file for eBook and make sure you have no page numbers or your name and title at the top of the book. It will save you some time and hassle.

I have not went to Barns and Noble to put my book on the nook that is how much I like amazon.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#5]
So I used Createspace and it worked nicely.
A few notes for other authors considering it.
-make sure you get an $99 ISBN from Bowker. If you use the "free" isbn from createspace you wont retain publishing rights. You screw yourself.

-make your own cover in Photoshop, dont use their covers as they are gross.

-for some reason when it went live, Amazon put it on sale 5% off. I didnt authorize it. Meh.

-make sure your interior formatting is perfect. There were initially a lot of nearly blank pages due to page breaks. Had to get creative to get an attractive fit.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
-make sure you get an $99 ISBN from Bowker. If you use the "free" isbn from createspace you wont retain publishing rights. You screw yourself.

View Quote

this is concerning, now I have some research to do. thanks for the heads up
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top