Page General » Books
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:49:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The 4th and 5th books were long and they did not get my full appreciation until the second read through.  I missed a ton of things of the first read. But I am really glad I reread them.

I really like "no one's" arc in Braavos and how it interceeds with the Men of the Black.  Hehe and some extra boots.

I have also started to dig the Iron Born story arc, but only during my second read.  Victorian Greyjoy is bad ass, he is the Kraken.

Also Ser Barrestan Selmy POV are very cool and very revealing about a lot of the back story.

Has anyone read the small novellas tales of Dunc and Egg?  They are really good.  They reveal many secrets as well.
View Quote

The Dunk and Egg tales are good.  The recently released World of Ice and Fire is also very helpful with the history of Martin's world.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
[

The Dunk and Egg tales are good. The recently released World of Ice and Fire is also very helpful with the history of Martin's world.
View Quote

Uhg I so need this,  I heard the art was really cool too.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:34:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[

The Dunk and Egg tales are good. The recently released World of Ice and Fire is also very helpful with the history of Martin's world.

The art is very good.  Martin didn't write the whole thing, though he contributed a great deal, and he didn't do the art himself, but he approved it -- so you get a little better understanding of what his vision of some things are than the TV show did.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#4]
This one is really cool, I dont know if its in the book or not.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The 4th and 5th books were long and they did not get my full appreciation until the second read through.  I missed a ton of things of the first read. But I am really glad I reread them.

I really like "no one's" arc in Braavos and how it interceeds with the Men of the Black.  Hehe and some extra boots.

I have also started to dig the Iron Born story arc, but only during my second read.  Victorian Greyjoy is bad ass, he is the Kraken.

Also Ser Barrestan Selmy POV are very cool and very revealing about a lot of the back story.

Has anyone read the small novellas tales of Dunk and Egg?  They are really good.  They reveal many secrets as well.

Edit stupid spelling
View Quote

I totally agree. On the first read through I was confused on names and places, etc. As I got through the books I remembered more and more. So on the subsequent read through I picked up a lot more because I now knew the characters and I could pick up more backstories. Aegon, Rhaegar, Ashara Dayne, Jon Connington, etc. Things I missed the first go around.

I have not read them but it was funny because Aemon, in his fevers, keeps talking about Aegon aka "Egg" and Duncan aka "Dunk." I need to pick up those novellas.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This one is really cool, I dont know if its in the book or not.
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/07/IronThroneReal-610x885.jpg
View Quote

It is.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:10:46 AM EDT
[#7]
This series made my 18 y.o. stepson's Christmas list.   All he wanted last year was video games.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 4:16:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Anybody read "The World of Ice & Fire"?

Just heard of it today. Is it worth buying?  
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 4:22:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anybody read "The World of Ice & Fire"?

Just heard of it today. Is it worth buying?  
View Quote

I did, and I think it's worth buying.  It's more a compilation of notes and such that Martin has written over the years than it is new material, but it is informative and it's nice to have it all in one place.  It also has a lot of nice art that gives some better context to some things than the show does.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top