Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 6/19/2014 7:36:27 PM EDT
I wrote a story.  I've floated it past some friends, but since they're friends I'm not sure their responses are unbiased.  I'd like some feedback from total strangers.  It's about 8 pages long, and it's fantasy in genre more or less.  IM me if you're interested and I'll send you a copy of it.  If this violates any of the forum rules let me know and I'll delete the post.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Send it to me...

Would like to read it...
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 11:52:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd like to read it too.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 12:17:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Send it over.
Stories need readers, or what's the point?.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I would like to read it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 2:56:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd like to give it a read, please.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there any reason not to simply post it and let any passers-by have at it?
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 1:20:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

'Publication' can affect rights and future sales, especially with magazines, anthologies, and other markets.

It takes courage to throw your work out into the public. It's often useful to get private criticism before opening up to a larger audience.

People can be jerks. Some will go 'meh', some will rip it apart like starving tigers on a porkchop, and some might offer useful observations that help.

Writers need feedback if they want to get better. Limiting the exposure let's the news come in smaller, more easily managed doses.

But whether one starts small or large, keep writing!
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

'Publication' can affect rights and future sales, especially with magazines, anthologies, and other markets.

It takes courage to throw your work out into the public. It's often useful to get private criticism before opening up to a larger audience.

People can be jerks. Some will go 'meh', some will rip it apart like starving tigers on a porkchop, and some might offer useful observations that help.

Writers need feedback if they want to get better. Limiting the exposure let's the news come in smaller, more easily managed doses.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm used to the Writing section of a sci-fi/fantasy board.  People basically just start threads with whatever they have written for everyone to read and comment on.  

The fanfiction subsection is pretty hopping, with new threads daily, whereas the original fiction section pretty much has cows wandering down the street as tumbleweeds roll past.  (IE, I'm used to apathy from board members in regards to stories that aren't in someone else's licensed property).
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 10:53:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Put it in GD. I did.

The abuse really wan't that bad.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top