Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Page / 38
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 9:22:50 AM EDT
[#1]
A couple from today's Amazon Top 100 Free that may be of interest to some.

#70 EMP: Heading Home

The struggle to survive took all of David's effort in the months after the EMP. Caring for his ailing parents gave him both a purpose and duty to the small farm town he grew up in.

Now that his responsibility is over, he bets his life, and the lives of his friends, on a risky trek through the brutal winter to find and save his family in Chicago.

Fierce blizzards and arctic winds challenge their arduous journey as do the warlords and tyrants who hold fast to the remnants of civilization.

It is through this wasteland of suffering and death that David must face the odds and save his wife and daughter.

4.4 out of 5 stars (88 reviews)
5 star 57%
4 star 33%
3 star 9%
2 star 0%
1 star 1%

#83 Empty Bodies: A Post-Apocalyptic Tale of Dystopian Survival (Empty Bodies Series Book 1)

Overview:
In a single moment, everything changes…

Hundreds of thousands of people suddenly collapse, leaving their friends and loved ones behind, terrified and confused.

Moments later, the fallen rise, and the survivors become the hunted.

4.1 out of 5 stars (222 reviews)
5 star  43%  
4 star  38%  
3 star  12%  
2 star  2%  
1 star  5%  
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 6:48:15 AM EDT
[#2]
One from today's Amazon Top 100 Free.

The Good Soldier: Jack Noble Early Years Bundle (Noble Beginnings & A Deadly Distance)

Free for a limited time -- two fast-paced Jack Noble thrillers!

NOBLE BEGINNINGS (JACK NOBLE #1)

In March of 2002, while the eyes of the world focused on Afghanistan, Jack Noble finds himself on the outskirts of Baghdad, Iraq. A Marine in name only, Jack is on-loan to the CIA. Normally an integral part of the team, he finds that he is nothing more than a security detail in Iraq.

Jack and his partner Bear have a run-in with four CIA special agents over the treatment of an Iraqi family. Within hours Jack and Bear are detained.

All Jack wanted was to finish his enlistment and move on with his life. All he did was intervene and save a family from unwarranted violence at the hands of four CIA agents. But he soon discovers that he did far more than intervene. He has placed himself dead square in the middle of a conspiracy that reaches the highest levels of the U.S. government.

This Jack Noble political thriller is not for the faint of heart!

A DEADLY DISTANCE (JACK NOBLE #2)

Washington, D.C. Midday. A man waits at a bus stop, his intentions unknown. Two government operatives have been stalking him for days, waiting for him to make his move. Unexpectedly, the man takes off running and heads for a deserted warehouse.

Jack Noble and his partner, Frank Skinner, believe the man to be part of a terrorist organization that is involved in smuggling drugs and guns and men into the country. But it turns out their plan involves far more export than import, and hits a lot closer to home.

As the case in this explosive action thriller unfolds, the man behind it all reaches out to Jack with a simple message... 37 hours.

4.3 out of 5 stars (995 reviews)
5 star  52%  
4 star  31%  
3 star  11%  
2 star  3%  
1 star  3%  
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's another one.
Stealing Second (The Amendments Book One 1) Kindle Edition

https://www.amazon.com/Stealing-Second-Amendments-Book-One-ebook/dp/B00BEJXV4S/ref=pd_sim_sbs_351_19?ie=UTF8&dpID=51BJSvr%2BsSL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_UX300_PJku-sticker-v3%2CTopRight%2C0%2C-44_OU01_AC_UL160_SR100%2C160_&refRID=M0BQ0SWDSJQR6AXV8W1A

4.2 stars out of 5.

98 reviews
“A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

The freedom to defend oneself against all enemies, foreign and domestic, is the very definition of liberty. America’s Founding Fathers went to great lengths to ensure this right wasn’t infringed upon by future lawmakers. Still, to this day, politicians seem determined to undermine that freedom. Once that right is stripped away from the American People, freedom as we know it will cease to exist.

Stealing Second takes a look into future America, an unarmed America, where unmanned drones rule the skies and UN troops police the population. Across the country, detention camps spring up like weeds. Americans are given two weeks to turn in their firearms. But those who believe Americans will easily give up their arms have another thing coming. Washington only succeeds in angering the American People and the country plunges into a second revolutionary war. With the odds stacked heavily against them, Americans fight back to preserve their liberty.

Like many Americans, Gary Smith trusts the government to make his decisions for him. He lives in a world of self-imposed apathy, blissfully ignorant, and determined to remain so. Slowly, the blinders are removed from his eyes. Gary wakes up to find that the world he knows has suddenly changed. Too late, he realizes that he was part of the problem. Desperate to take back what has been stolen from him, Gary joins a group of likeminded individuals in a last-gasp effort to turn back the hands of time.

Powerfully written and uniquely entertaining, this timely tale is a story that begs to be read. However you feel about gun control, whatever side of the proverbial aisle you stand, Stealing Second is an important work of fiction. A plausible scenario that all Americans should consider before allowing our politicians to dismantle the Second Amendment.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:09:43 AM EDT
[#4]
One from today's Amazon Top 100 Free that may be of interest to some.

#51 World War 2: True Stories of German UBoats & Their Dangerous Missions (Submarine, WW2, WWII, Soldier Stories Book 1)

The brave men, and now women, who choose to serve on today’s submarines have to have a certain type of bravery that many do not possess. There is always the danger that the wrong move, a wrong turn, or mechanical failure will spell certain death for them. At times of war, this danger is even more amplified. Those who signed up for duty in the early submarines were more at risk than today’s military forces. This was the case for the German U-Boat crews.

While there is little doubt that those who served the German forces were on the wrong side of the war, many of the men in the U-Boats showed a level of courage and cunning that few have shown then or ever again. The dangers of the sea were a real concern for these men. From faulty equipment to taking on enemy fire, there were several ways that these men could mean there’s watery death.
There were tales of bravery as well. Through this book you will learn about both tragedy and heroics that set these men both above and beyond the cut.

4.7 out of 5 stars (59)
5 star  68%  
4 star  32%  
3 star 0%  
2 star 0%  
1 star 0%  
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:19:58 AM EDT
[#5]

#91 ARISEN : Genesis

Come back in time with the first ARISEN prequel and live through the beginning of the end of the world... (Can be read as a stand-alone novel, an introduction to the series, or at any point while reading the main series.)

Tucked away in a high-tech Tactical Operations Center, inside an isolated safehouse in the Horn of Africa, sits Agency analyst Zack Altringham. He is Kenyan-born, Princeton-educated, badly burnt-out - and condemned by his language and cultural skills to a lifetime of fighting America's shadow counter-terror wars.

But when another mystery epidemic breaks out, and terrifyingly quickly reaches a tipping point, chaos descends - and Zack and his team (including two former Team Six SEALs) are trapped between the millstones of the sick and the dying on one side, and heavily armed militias on the other. Soon their "safe" house is in flames, and their only remaining option is to get in their up-armored SUV and try to escape the imploding gravity well of the city, to the safety of the American military base in Djibouti. But by then, will there be anywhere safe left on Earth to escape to?

4.7 out of 5 stars (286 reviews)
5 star 77%
4 star 19%
3 star 4%
2 star 0%
1 star 0%
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:26:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I read this a few weeks ago when it was posted and I loved it.  Good, fun, fast read.  

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

#91 ARISEN : Genesis

Come back in time with the first ARISEN prequel and live through the beginning of the end of the world... (Can be read as a stand-alone novel, an introduction to the series, or at any point while reading the main series.)

Tucked away in a high-tech Tactical Operations Center, inside an isolated safehouse in the Horn of Africa, sits Agency analyst Zack Altringham. He is Kenyan-born, Princeton-educated, badly burnt-out - and condemned by his language and cultural skills to a lifetime of fighting America's shadow counter-terror wars.

But when another mystery epidemic breaks out, and terrifyingly quickly reaches a tipping point, chaos descends - and Zack and his team (including two former Team Six SEALs) are trapped between the millstones of the sick and the dying on one side, and heavily armed militias on the other. Soon their "safe" house is in flames, and their only remaining option is to get in their up-armored SUV and try to escape the imploding gravity well of the city, to the safety of the American military base in Djibouti. But by then, will there be anywhere safe left on Earth to escape to?

4.7 out of 5 stars (286 reviews)
5 star 77%
4 star 19%
3 star 4%
2 star 0%
1 star 0%
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:05:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Finished reading this one and it read like it was written as several high school papers cobbled together or was poorly translated from multiple German stories to English at times. Could stand for a good editor to go through and rewrite the entire thing to make it flow and read better. Basically a low grade entry level primer on German U-boats.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:48:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Finished reading this one and it read like it was written as several high school papers cobbled together or was poorly translated from multiple German stories to English at times. Could stand for a good editor to go through and rewrite the entire thing to make it flow and read better. Basically a low grade entry level primer on German U-boats.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Agree to that, I reached one chapter and thought "wtf?, did I just have a stroke?"

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Agree to that, I reached one chapter and thought "wtf?, did I just have a stroke?"
View Quote

Yeah about a third to half way through I went , I had to stop and reread portions because I though the read it wrong. Then I realized entire sections were written poorly (as if by a highschooler who failed English using Wikipedia as their source material). Ended up from about the half way point just skimming over the pages.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 4:27:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah about a third to half way through I went , I had to stop and reread portions because I though the read it wrong. Then I realized entire sections were written poorly (as if by a highschooler who failed English using Wikipedia as their source material). Ended up from about the half way point just skimming over the pages.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I made it to the second story before I called it quits.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:07:38 PM EDT
[#11]

#74 My Brother in Arms: The Exceptional Life of Mark Andrew Forester, United States Air Force Combat Controller

On September 29, 2010 Mark Forester was killed in action while fighting terrorists in Uruzgan Province, Afghanistan. His heroic legacy of being shot down while preparing to rescue a fallen teammate began long before this tragic day.

An Apache aviator said of Mark's final battle: ..."I have never witnessed such an act of heroism in my three years of fighting in combat. I have over 2,700 hours total time with 1,500 hours of combat time in both Iraq and Afghanistan...JAG 28 continued to advance on the enemy while taking intense enemy fire, and continuously fired his weapon in an attempt to get to his fallen teammate and destroy the enemy."

Mark chose to enlist in the Air Force as a Special Operations Combat Controller after he received his Bachelor’s degree from The University of Alabama. Because of his above average grades and near-photographic memory, his Business Finance degree would have done him well. But, he felt a higher calling; one that put him between us and the enemies bent on our destruction.

Even though he had pledged that freedom must be preserved, his greatest desire was to marry the right girl and have a family—Mark never got that chance. Instead he selflessly gave his life for the country he loved.

Since Mark’s death, his family’s eyes and hearts have been opened to multiple examples of selflessness and patriotism by meeting his teammates and leaders in the military. The family has witnessed first-hand the ability for them to turn off their stern, professional personae and turn on compassion, love, support and acceptance. The author feels a strong desire to Honor our Heroes. This book highlights one hero, SrA Mark A. Forester, and also helps recognize many other men and women who volunteer to fight for our freedom.

My Brother in Arms is not a memorial in print, but a biography for continuing Mark’s legacy of perseverance, determination and accomplishing our missions on earth. We each have different missions, but what’s important is for us to recognize ours and work to accomplish it. In the end, don’t we all want to go out while moving forward?

4.8 out of 5 stars (105 reviews)
5 star  91%  
4 star  5%  
3 star  1%  
2 star  2%  
1 star  1%
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#12]
One from today that might be of interest to some.

#80 Canine Plague: Life will never be the same

The twisted world of mainstream news and social media becomes the catalyst for social upheaval, entangling Steven Bryant in a frantic fight for the lives of his family and friends. A news story goes viral, causing their once normal lives to take a dangerous turn when a flawed medical research study suggesting man’s best friend might be his worst enemy.

Chaos erupts and a near total collapse of society looms in a perfect storm of government corruption, political correctness, and social justice movements. Steven unwittingly finds himself the leader of a struggle for survival as America’s civil structure and social fabric is exposed as a house of cards. Sworn enemies become allies when faced with a common cause and friends and family members become bitter enemies as they confront hunger and widespread violence in a threat to their very survival.

4.5 out of 5 stars (only 8 reviews)
5 star  75%  
4 star 0%  
3 star  25%  
2 star 0%  
1 star 0%  
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#13]
One from today's amazon top 100 free that might be of interest to some.

#95 Intruders: The Invasion: A Post-Apocalyptic, Alien Invasion Thriller (Book 1)

It begins with the abductions. In a single night, thousands of small children vanish from their beds.

A day later, meteorites hit the earth, releasing a strange dust into the air.

The dead rise, ravenous. The living are dragged underground by creatures out of nightmares.

As seventeen year old Zoe and a ragtag team of survivors soon discovers. . .

There is nowhere to run.

4.6 out of 5 stars  (21 reviews)  
5 star  76%  
4 star  14%  
3 star  5%  
2 star 0%  
1 star  5%  
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:36:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Some from today's Amazon Top 100 Free that may be of interest to some.

#9 The Russian Renaissance (The Sokolov Saga Book 1)

Winner of the Grandmaster Award from the Clive Cussler Society.

Constantine can no longer hide in Europe. As he discovers a century-old secret, he must flee back to Moscow, chased by assassins.
Only one man can save him. Eugene Sokolov: an officer in the world's most elite rescue unit, a martial arts legend… and Constantine's brother.
They face an enemy unlike any other. In a game run by a KGB spymaster, the fate of Russia will depend on their survival.

4.2 out of 5 stars (42 reviews)    
5 star  50%  
4 star  31%  
3 star  9%  
2 star  5%  
1 star  5%  

(Note: Several of the books in the following box set have been free before and on the Amazon Top 100 Free list in the past)

#45 The Empire at War Box Set: British Military Science Fiction

This bundle contains four science fiction novels, three exclusive short stories, one of which is lavishly illustrated by award winning artist Andy Bigwood, and two essays.

The Novels-
•Their Darkest Hour by Christopher G. Nuttall.
Aliens take control of Britain’s cities and force the remainder of the British military to go on the run. With the government destroyed, the population must choose between fighting and collaborating with the alien overlords. .

•Discovery of the Saiph by P.P. Corcoran.
The Marco Polo leads mankind to Proxima Centauri outside Earth's Solar System where the ship's scientists detect power readings they are artificial, alien and emanate from Planet III... a wasteland that suffered a devastating nuclear bombardment many thousands of years before. Archaeologists discover an alien library deep underground and are astonished to unlock its secrets with human DNA.

•C.R.O.W. by Phillip Richards.
Andy Moralee knew that life with his new company of Dropship Infantry would be hard, but nothing could prepare him for life in one of the toughest units in the Union army. New arrivals, nicknamed ‘Crow’ by their platoons, are the lowest form of life in his Company, and he finds himself at the mercy of unforgiving commanders and bullies, all the time knowing that the real enemy are waiting for him at the end of his journey through the void. The enemy know that the Union are coming, they have dug in and fortified, and they are ready

•Marine Cadet by Tim C. Taylor.
2565 A.D. When seventeen-year old Marine Cadet, Arun McEwan, forges an unlikely friendship with an alien scribe, he crashes into a world of treachery and conspiracy. How can he possibly survive three more years until graduation when every day brings a new deadly threat?

But survive he must because his new alien allies show him glimpses of his destiny — a vision of a better future that only he can forge.

A dream called the Human Legion

The Exclusive Short Stories-
•Haven One-Eight by P.P. Corcoran.
A relentless foe seeks to murder the Faithful in their haven, but who are these unstoppable servants of Satan? The answer will shock you.

•The President’s Son by Tim C. Taylor.
The characters in the Human Legion series have been isolated from the rest of humanity for centuries, but their distant ancestors were taken as children from Earth. In The President’s Son, a short story exclusive to this collection, we hear the story of that first group of slave children.

•Fallen Witness artwork by Andy Bigwood and words by Tim C. Taylor.
The third short story in the collection is special. The sumptuous cover artwork for The Empire at War was produced by Andy Bigwood, whose cover art has twice before won the best artwork award from the British Science Fiction Association. Andy has supplied seven fantastic pieces of artwork that are interspersed with the other stories.

Box Set Exclusive Preview-
Phillip Richards presents an intriguing peak at his new SF series with the opening chapters of Escape from the Hive.
And finally, words from Tim C. Taylor-
•SitRep: The State of British Military SF
•Roll Call: British Military SF authors.

4.4 out of 5 stars (11 reviews)
5 star  46%  
4 star  45%  
3 star  9%  
2 star 0%  
1 star 0%  
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:36:50 AM EDT
[#15]
A few from today's Amazon Top 100 Free that may be of interest to some.

#32 Apache Dawn: Book I of the Wildfire Saga

Chad Huntley--The Source--is the world's most wanted man.

He'd done his part during the Great Pandemic to help defeat the deadliest threat to face mankind in modern history. At last he can live his life, alone and on his terms. He finally has a chance at peace.

But just when things return to normal after a decade of chaos, the devastating virus returns--this time as a weapon. The unique properties of Chad's blood provide the tools needed to craft a cure but not everyone wants the plague stopped. A team of Army Rangers is sent to retrieve and defend The Source at all costs and Chad finds himself in the crossfire. He may be the last best hope for mankind, but only as long as he can stay alive.

The sacrifices made to secure The Source will be in vain if the scientist who spearheaded the original effort to stop The Pandemic can't be found. The invasion of America has begun and foreign soldiers are willing to tear the country apart to find him. Cooper Braaten's Navy SEALs race to secure the virologist and his critical research but it will take all their skills and more than a little luck to succeed when Apache Dawn is declared.

Apache Dawn is a high octane military thriller for fans of post-apocalyptic action.

4.7 out of 5 stars (26 reviews)
5 star  69%  
4 star  27%  
3 star  4%  
2 star 0%  
1 star 0%  

#52 The Aleppo Code (The Jerusalem Prophecies)

Will the code reveal history’s most powerful weapon for destruction—or humanity’s only hope?
The living members of Tom Bohannon’s band of adventurers gather again in Jerusalem—physically battered, emotionally exhausted, spiritually challenged, and in various stages of shock—to examine a copy of the tenth-century Aleppo Code, the oldest complete text of Jewish scripture. What the clues inside reveal could lead to the reuniting of the Ark of the Covenant with its true source of power, a weapon that could lead to victory for this ragged bunch trying to save the world.
Hunted by the relentless assassins of the Prophet’s Guard and caught in the web of an international conspiracy plotting the conquest of Europe, Bohannon’s team searches the ruins of Ancient Babylon. Their search lands them amid the chaos that engulfs western Iraq, but they must press on to accomplish one of the most pivotal pieces of end-times prophecy. This intrepid group will uncover secrets that require them to risk everything for their faith, their country, and the peace of all mankind.
Unfolding against the backdrop of an Israeli/U.S. strike against Iran and the planned economic overthrow of the European Union by the sinister, secret head of the international Muslim Brotherhood, The Aleppo Code is a heart-pounding race. Brennan takes an epic story on a grand scale and tells it primarily through the eyes of one man who is desperately trying to save the world as he follows God’s purpose for his life.

4.5 out of 5 stars (25 reviews)
5 star  60%  
4 star  32%  
3 star  8%  
2 star 0%  
1 star 0%  

#60 The Brotherhood Conspiracy (The Jerusalem Prophecies)

Tom Bohannon's discovery of an ancient scroll led him on an international adventure and through mysteries of faith and politics, ending in a place not even he could imagine: the Third Temple of God hidden under Temple Mount in Jerusalem.  But soon after his remarkable discovery, the future of the world changed again.  Tom watched as a chasm tore apart Temple Mount, as new rivers swept through the Kidron Valley and into the streets of Old Jerusalem, their discovery swallowed by an earthquake, crushed under tons of stone and debris.  A biblical prophecy realized.  The final days were upon them.

Wondering how to recover from such a momentous find and such horrendous destruction, Tom's adventures are not over. No one knows how much time is left in these last days—a year? A hundred years? A thousand? Plagued by murderous dreams, Tom fears members of the Prophet Guard—killers who wear the Coptic cross with a lightning bolt slashing through it—are back and looking for him.  But they are not the only threat to Tom and his team.  Forces behind the Arab Spring have sinister plans.  And underestimating their determination would be a fatal mistake.

The same fast-paced, page-turning prose that readers loved in The Sacred Cipher is back in Terry Brennan's eagerly awaited sequel, The Brotherhood Conspiracy.

4.5 out of 5 stars (58 reviews)
5 star  62%  
4 star  29%  
3 star  7%  
2 star  2%  
1 star 0%  

#66 The Sacred Cipher (The Jerusalem Prophecies)

History's greatest secret could be tomorrow's greatest threat More historically and biblically accurate than The DaVinci Code and just as adventurous as an Indiana Jones movie, The Sacred Cipher combines action and mystery to draw readers into a world of ancient secrets and international escapades. When an ancient scroll appears in a secret room of the Bowery Mission in New York City, Tom Bohannon is both stunned and intrigued. The enigma of the scroll's contents will send Bohannon and his team ricocheting around the world, drawing the heat of both Jewish and Muslim militaries, and bringing the Middle East to the brink of nuclear war in this heart-pounding adventure of historical proportions. The Sacred Cipher is a riveting, fact-based tale of mystery and suspense.

4.2 out of 5 stars (170 reviews)
5 star  52%  
4 star  28%  
3 star  9%  
2 star  8%  
1 star  3%  

[The following free ebook has been on the Amazon Top 100 Free quite a bit over the last two years]

#67 Ebola K: A Terrorism Thriller: book 1

Ebola, Terrorism, and Hope

In 1989 the Ebola virus mutated to into an airborne strain that infected humans for the first time on American soil in Reston, Virginia. Through belated containment efforts and luck, nobody died.

Now, in the remote East African village of Kapchorwa, the Ebola virus has mutated into another airborne strain without losing any of its deadly potency.

In this thriller, terrorists stumble across this new, fully lethal strain and while the world fearfully watches the growing epidemic in West Africa as Sierra Leone goes into country-wide lockdown, only a few Americans are aware of Ebola K and the danger it poses—to be the deadliest pandemic in the history of mankind.

Can they do anything to protect themselves from this killer disease? Can they stop the terrorists?

4.5 out of 5 stars (1,542 reviews)
5 star  62%  
4 star  28%  
3 star  6%  
2 star  2%  
1 star  2%  

#89 Mexican Craving: 9 Easy Steps to Cooking Authentic Mexican at Home

4.8 out of 5 stars (42 reviews)
5 star  91%  
4 star  7%  
3 star 0%  
2 star 0%  
1 star  2%  
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:29:14 AM EDT
[#16]
A few from today's amazon top 100 free that may be of interest to some.

#20 Deadly Straits: The Ultimate Terrorist Attack (A Tom Dugan Thriller)

When very part-time spook Tom Dugan becomes collateral damage in the War on Terror, he's not about to take it lying down.

Falsely implicated in a hijacking, he's offered a chance to clear himself by helping the CIA snare their real prey, Dugan's best friend, London ship owner Alex Kairouz. Reluctantly, Dugan agrees to go undercover in Alex's company, despite doubts about his friend's guilt. Once undercover, Dugan's steadfast refusal to accept Alex's guilt puts him at odds not only with his CIA superiors, but also with a beautiful British agent with whom he's romantically involved.

When a tanker is found adrift near Singapore with a dead crew, and another explodes in Panama as Alex lies near death after a suspicious suicide attempt, Dugan is framed for the attacks. Out of options, and convinced the attacks are prelude to an even more devastating assault, Dugan eludes capture to follow his last lead to Russia, only to be shanghaied as an 'advisor' to a Russian Spetsnaz unit on a suicide mission.

Deadly Straits is a non-stop thrill ride, from London streets, to the dry docks of Singapore, to the decks of the tankers that feed the world's thirst for oil, with stops along the way in Panama, Langley, Virginia, and Teheran. Richly spiced with detail from the author's 30 years sailing, building, and repairing ships worldwide, it is, in the words of one reviewer, "fast-paced, multilayered and gripping."

4.5 out of 5 stars (1,345 reviews)
5 star  62%  
4 star  30%  
3 star  5%  
2 star  1%  
1 star  2%  

#38 Human Again: A Dystopian Sci-Fi Novel (Cryonemesis Book 1)

What would you do if you wake up in the future and be asked to join a war?

Roy, an Israeli soldier awakens after being cryo-frozen for 300 years. He finds himself in an underground shelter-city that protects him from the unbearable climate above. He’s alone and has no idea why he was defrosted and what happened.

Now, he'll have to find his place in the city – his haven and prison, while fighting off an invasion attempt by a vicious radical group.

About the author:
Moran Chaim is an Israeli born writer. He holds a BFA in cinema and screenwriting and participated in the second Israel-Lebanon war as a Navy soldier. Human again is his debut novel and the first book of the Cryonemesis series.

4.9 out of 5 stars (15 reviews)
5 star  87%  
4 star  13%  
3 star 0%  
2 star 0%  
1 star 0%  

#52 The Amber Project: A Dystopian Sci-fi Novel (The Variant Saga Book 1)

In 2157, a mysterious gas known as Variant spreads across the globe, killing or mutating most organic life. The surviving humans take refuge in an underground city, determined to return home. But after generations of failures and botched attempts, hope is beginning to dwindle. That is, until a young scientist makes a unique discovery—and everything changes. Suddenly, there’s reason to hope again, and it rests within a group of genetically engineered children that are both human and Variant.

Terry is one of these children, modified and trained to endure the harsh conditions of a planet he cannot begin to understand. After years of preparation, Terry thinks he knows what to expect. But the reality is far stranger than anything he can imagine—and what he will become is far more dangerous.

4.6 out of 5 stars (254 reviews)
5 star  65%  
4 star  31%  
3 star  4%  
2 star 0%  
1 star 0%  

#62 Billy's War

WHAT CAN BEING AT WAR MEAN TO A NINE-YEAR OLD? Not much, you might think, but if the boy in question is a war orphan...

A child in war-torn Britain embarks on a quest to rediscover his lost happiness

The date was Thursday 8 May 1941. Britain had been at war with Nazi Germany for 19 months.

Billy Frecknall was only nine years old, but what a character he turned out to be! Like many boys of his age, Billy to all intents and purposes no longer had a Dad, because his father had enlisted in the army in the early days of the war, and Billy and his Mum didn’t even know where he was.

But that night saw the biggest air raid Billy’s home town of Nottingham had experienced, and there were many casualties, including Billy’s Mum. Billy was fortunate to survive, but life as an orphan, especially an orphan being brought up in an apparently hostile family, left a lot to be desired.

4.4 out of 5 stars (14 reviews)
5 star  57%  
4 star  36%  
3 star  0%  
2 star 0%  
1 star  7%  

#88 Drone: A Short Story Thriller -- The Secret Behind Christopher Wall's Rise To Power (State Of Reason Mystery, Book 0)

Now anyone can kill you anywhere!
An act of terrorism. A Presidential election. A Constitutional crisis. And a terrorist who may get away scott free! And it could happen again. Perpetrated by anyone, anywhere . . . at a financial cost of next to nothing!

4.8 out of 5 stars (6 reviews)
5 star  83%  
4 star  17%  
3 star 0%  
2 star 0%  
1 star 0%  

#100 RazorWire: After Civilization

The stories told around campfires say the world that existed before 'The Wandering' was a beautiful place. A place with buildings taller than trees and massive cities home to millions. The stories about that world say a person could drink water without walking to the river and eat food without hunting in the forests. They never slept in the rain and they had machina that could do amazing things.

But that world died 100 years ago.

In the place of the old world, a new one was born. A world referred to by the inhabitants only as "The Waste". It's a world of the barest survival by tribes and individual wandering the land. It's a world where bullets are used as money and ownership of a single book is a sign of great wealth.

But a dark land grows darker still when a strange new people arrive from over the mountains and begin to slaughter the tribes of The Waste, threatening the complete destruction of all the people. And no amount of bullets or books can push back the invasion.

Only one man and one woman, working together, can stop it.

But he doesn’t care.

4.2 out of 5 stars (25 reviews)
5 star  56%  
4 star  24%  
3 star  8%  
2 star  8%  
1 star  4%  
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 6:58:32 AM EDT
[#17]

#97 The Catalyst (Targon Tales Book 1)

It's no easy tour of duty for Lt. Nova Whiteside when her interstellar transport is taken by pirates and she is then tagged for termination. Could it have something to do with the mysterious alien they were transporting? Having gone from merely MIA to technically AWOL, any chance of escape leaves her no choice but to rely on Sethran Kada, a former lover, for help.

Unfortunately, she realizes that they are now on opposite sides of an escalating war between the Commonwealth Union of Planets and an increasingly dangerous rebel organization.

In trying to find who is threatening her life, they discover a plot to destroy a distant planet - a world inhabited by creatures that are the key to Nova's survival - and a conspiracy that threatens the stability of the Union Commonwealth.

Can Nova go beyond her strict military training to cooperate with people whom she is sworn to destroy?

4.4 out of 5 stars  (102 reviews)
5 star  53%  
4 star  37%  
3 star  7%  
2 star  3%  
1 star 0%  

[The following two are currently free as of this posting but could change to paid at any time as these types of history type books tend to do when on the Amazon Top 100 Free list]

#28 The Legend of King Arthur: The Captivating Story of King Arthur

#32 The revolutionary War: The Making of America: The Making of America- An Introduction to the People, the Ideas, And the Major Events of the American Revolution
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#18]
This one I think may have been on the amazon top 100 free before. Picked it up over a year ago, it was free then too, haven't gotten around to reading it.

#28 How to Shoot Like a Navy SEAL: Combat Marksmanship Fundamentals

Each year in America, 2 Million criminals break into homes just like yours. Is your aim good enough to guarantee your family’s safety?

How to Shoot Like a Navy SEAL teaches gun owners and their families the same deadly effective techniques the author used to create the world’s deadliest snipers. The book is designed to give you the most powerful methods in easy-to-follow instructions.

When the book temporarily went out of print, new paperback copies were selling for as much as $3495.00!

Now you can save over $3,475.03 on this life-saving knowledge, with the security of knowing that it works -- for both Navy SEALs and responsible gun owners like you.

A retired US Navy SEAL and bestselling author, Chris Sajnog was hand-selected to develop the entire US Navy SEAL Sniper training program.

Now, you can use these world-class techniques to master your weapon and protect your family.

How to Shoot Like a Navy SEAL also comes with exclusive access to 12 online instructional video lessons filmed just for this book – no other shooting book offers you this! Watch Chief Sajnog show you his proven methods, and read detailed explanations in this book packed with Navy SEAL training in just 114 easy pages packed with crucial weapons knowledge.

Chief Sajnog doesn’t waste time showing you “cool moves” or “fancy footwork.” He gets down to the fundamental skills that separate US Navy SEALs from everyone else, and shows you how to use them in simple, step-by-step instructions.

Here’s what you’ll learn:

? How to find the right positions for you -- not the cookie-cutter methods that only work for some people -- so you can maximize your aim with as little effort as possible.
? Simple training exercises you can do right now, at home, without having to spend 1,000’s of dollars at the shooting range.
? How to boost your accuracy by up to 95% -- using the “Navy SEAL focus” technique that you can master in just minutes.
? Chris Sajnog’s “SEAL 7”: 7 super-simple steps that will completely change the way you shoot… so you can hit your mark every time.
? The SEAL Sniper Trick that you can start using today, allowing you to instantly hit targets at twice the distance.
? Why the aiming technique you were taught is completely wrong -- and how you can fix it instantly.
? Plus… how to do all of this safely, without risking harm to your family.

Protect your loved ones, your country, and yourself, with the firearms techniques developed by the mastermind behind the US Navy SEAL Sniper training program and one of the most respected firearms trainers in the world, Chris Sajnog.

4.7 out of 5 stars (358 reviews)
5 star  83%  
4 star  10%  
3 star  4%  
2 star  2%  
1 star  1%  
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 6:03:50 AM EDT
[#19]

#35 First Conquest (Stellar Conquest Series Book 1)

From Hugo award nominated and Amazon bestselling author David VanDyke. When Admiral Absen and the crew of EarthFleet's most powerful dreadnought Conquest are sent on a mission forty light years from Earth, none of them expect to return. But to find a home and keep humanity safe from hostile aliens, they must fight to seize a new world, initiating EarthFleet's first conquest of another star system.
First Conquest is Book 1 of the Plague Wars: Stellar Conquest series, which carries the Plague Wars series forward a century into the future when humanity turns to the stars to find its destiny. It tells of a bitter battle as EarthFleet smashes into an alien star system in a desperate first strike to save humanity. Follow the starship Conquest as its captain and crew take the fight to Earth's enemies, finding allies and making heroic sacrifices in order to secure the future of Earth's solar system against a hostile universe.

4.6 out of 5 stars (43 reviews)
5 star  74%  
4 star  19%  
3 star  2%  
2 star 0%  
1 star  5%  
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 7:01:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Thank you sbhaven for continuing this thread.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:09:32 AM EDT
[#21]
A few from today's Amazon Top 100 Free...

#38 Albert Einstein: Father Of The Modern Scientific Age

Albert Einstein is universally regarded as the most brilliant scientist of the 20th century. In 1905, during his “Miracle Year” as a clerk in the Swiss patent office, he wrote four papers that revolutionized the field of theoretical physics. Over the course of his career, Einstein introduced modern science to the concept of space-time, inadvertently launched America on the path towards developing the atomic bomb, and was offered the presidency of Israel. He was the first scientific superstar—a world-wide celebrity whose popularity was matched only by his astounding feats of imagination.

In his later years Albert Einstein was known as a gentle and lovable man who forgot his socks and rarely combed his hair. But he was much more than an absent-minded genius. He was a fierce individualist, who, as a teenager, renounced his German citizenship rather than serve in the army. As a rebel against every form of authority, an outspoken enemy of anti-Semitism and fascism, and a socialist with an enduring commitment to social justice, you will learn in this book that even as Einstein was setting Newtonian physics on its ear, he considered his most important work to be about something very different: the bettering of humanity.

4.8 out of 5 stars (21 reviews)
5 star 81%
4 star 14%
3 star 5%
2 star 0%
1 star 0%

#40 History's Greatest Military Commanders: The Brilliant Military Strategies Of Hannibal, Alexander The Great, Sun Tzu, Julius Caesar, Napoleon Bonaparte, And 30 Other Historical Commanders

Armed conflict has produced many of the great leaders in human history. Some fought purely for glory, others waged war out of desperation, and even more were driven by a sense of duty. Every leader has human qualities that transcend time and culture. The lessons taught, tactics used, and losses suffered stand as a testament to their lives and accomplishments. In his book entitled History's Greatest Military Commanders author Barry Linton covers these leaders and great military commanders in fascinating detail, highlighting their distinguishable backgrounds and origins. Many were conquerors, some were innovators, and even others were liberators. One trait shared by all of these leaders is the willingness to adapt and overcome.

This book presents the true stories and struggles faced by these Commanders. Detailed battlefield plans are outlined, giving a step by step account of many important battles as well as information describing the context of each battle. The Commanders featured are drawn from all major periods of human history. Their achievements as well as their failures are highlighted, combined with the impact they had on the greater world and history. Follow along as we detail memorable historic greats such as:

Sun Tzu, Alexander the Great, Pyrrhus of Epirus, Darius the Third, Scipio Africanus, Hannibal Barca, Julius Caesar, Attila the Hun, Belisarius, Khalid Ibn Al-Walid, Charlemagne, Saladin, Genghis Khan, Timur, Edward the Black Prince, Suleiman the Magnificent, Oda Nobunaga, Yi Sun-sin, Hernan Cortes, Gustavus Adolphus, Duke of Marlborough, George Washington, Napoleon Bonaparte, Duke of Wellington, Horatio Nelson, Helmut von Moltke the Elder, Stonewall Jackson, Robert E. Lee, Ulysses S. Grant, Togo Heihachiro, John Monash, Erwin Rommel, Georgy Zhukov, Bernard Montgomery, George Patton

3.5 out of 5 stars (24 reviews)
5 star  38%  
4 star  17%  
3 star  21%  
2 star  12%  
1 star  12%  

#62 After the Cure

Eight years ago the December Plague swept through the human population of earth. The Infected were driven mad by the disease, becoming violent and cannibalistic, killing even those closest to them without hesitation.

Six years ago, the tiny surviving community of Immune humans found a cure, and the Infected began to wake up and realize what they'd done. And what had been done to them.

Over time, society began to rebuild itself. Now it is ready to judge those responsible for the Plague. Nella Rider, the court psychologist and Frank Courtlen a defense attorney are trying to establish the truth. But more depends on it than they know. They race to find the answers they need before the fragile remains of humanity vanish for good.

4.3 out of 5 stars (389 reviews)
5 star  51%  
4 star  32%  
3 star  13%  
2 star  3%  
1 star  1%  

#77 Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Novels and Stories, (All 56 Stories & 4 Novels) (Xpress Book)

This book contains the complete Sherlock Holmes novels and stories in the chronological order of their original publication (4 novels and 56 short stories):

[1887] A Study in Scarlet (a novel)
[1890] The Sign of Four (a novel)
[1892] The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (a collection of twelve short stories)
[1894] The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes (a collection of eleven short stories)
[1902] The Hound of the Baskervilles (a novel)
[1904] The Return of Sherlock Holmes (a collection of thirteen short stories)
[1914] The Valley of Fear (a novel)
[1917] His Last Blow (a collection of eight short stories)
[1927] The Case Book of Sherlock Holmes (a collection of twelve short stories)

4.6 out of 5 stars (1,019 reviews)
5 star 76%
4 star 14%
3 star 4%
2 star 3%
1 star 3%

#82 Broken World

When a deadly virus sweeps the country, Vivian Thomas sets out for California in hopes of seeing the daughter she gave up for adoption. Then her car breaks down and she’s faced with a choice. Give up, or accept a ride from redneck brothers, Angus and Axl. Vivian knows the offer has more to do with her double D’s than kindness, but she’s prepared to do whatever it takes to reach her daughter.

The virus is spreading, and by the time the group makes it to California, most of the population has been wiped out. When the dead start coming back, Vivian and the others realize that no electricity or running water are the least of their concerns. Now Vivian has to figure out how to be a mother under the most frightening circumstances, cope with Angus’s aggressive mood swings, and sort out her growing attraction to his brooding younger brother, Axl.

While searching for a safe place to go, they pick up a pompous billionaire who may be the answer to all their problems. Trusting him means going into the middle of the Mojave Desert and possibly risking their lives, but with the streets overrun and nowhere else to turn, it seems he might be their only chance for survival.

4.4 out of 5 stars (243 reviews)
5 star  60%  
4 star  25%  
3 star  9%  
2 star  4%  
1 star  2%  

#89 My Troubles With Time

The struggle of a friendless physics professor to achieve academic tenure becomes enmeshed in his daydream of beoming a national hero by sinking the Japanese fleet which attacked Pearl harbor. Inventing a time machine, he travels back to December 1941 to carry out his fantasy. Against all odds he succeeds. Rather than being acclaimed a hero, he is arrested and sentenced to death by a U.S. Navy Court Martial for mistakenly destroying the Japanese vessels prior to their attack. Can he escape, locate his vanished time machine, travel home safely and finally obtain tenure? And will the mysterious forces that affect time travel change him?

4.6 out of 5 stars (10 reviews)
5 star  70%  
4 star  20%  
3 star  10%  
2 star 0%  
1 star 0%  
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:41:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Couple from today's Amazon Top 100 Free that may be of interest to some.

[This book gets mixed reviews and only has three reviews at present, seems like Air Force One on a carrier]

#16 Navy One

"The provided synopsis is excellent and would be difficult to improve:

'Making good on a promise, US President Margaret Benson, along with her husband and her son, embarks aboard a US Navy carrier on what should be an uneventful, two-and-a-half-day trip from Hawaii to California. A few hours into the trip, terrorists take control of the nuclear-powered ship after overwhelming its crew and the President’s secret service agents. Outgunned, outnumbered, and with her husband already in the hands of the hijackers, President Benson must not only evade capture while trying to contact the White House, but she must also locate her son inside the massive ship before the hijackers do. Back at the White House the Vice-President hastily puts together a plan to disable the carrier -a plan that fails. The Vice-President advises a preemptive strike against a suspected nation. Wanting to appear tough in the middle of a reelection campaign, the President authorizes the strike -despite her own misgivings. With strategic bombers set to erase the suspected country off the face of the earth, and with time running out, the President realizes she’s on her own. She must find the means within herself to outwit the terrorists, save her family, and the United States of America. However, all is not as it seems... The President must trust her own instincts and overcome a lack of trust in her-so-far-unreliable son. He might be the only help she gets in preventing World War III.’"

"Solid writing from a new voice. Watch him grow!" Grady Harp, May 16

3.0 out of 5 stars (3 reviews)
5 star  34%  
4 star 0%  
3 star  33%  
2 star 0%  
1 star  33%  

[Next book is by Bobby Adair, only has 9 reviews at present]

#52 Black Virus (Black Rust Book 1)

Alienated in a world where he doesn’t fit in, Christian Black survives because he’s different. Then the virus came, and made the world turn different, too.

Now people are dying by the million. Food supplies are short. Riots are blazing through the streets, and Christian’s only goal is to keep his family alive. But safety lies far from the city, and just getting out will be tougher than anyone knows.

4.6 out of 5 stars (9 reviews)
5 star  67%  
4 star  22%  
3 star  11%  
2 star 0%  
1 star 0%  

#66 Survival: After It Happened Book 1

Everyone got sick.
By the time the country realised it was everywhere, nearly everyone died. Being one of the few left alive wasn't the freedom he would have expected.
Banding together those he found along the way, he has to fight to keep them safe.
To keep them alive.
To survive.

4.4 out of 5 stars (158 reviews)
5 star  60%  
4 star  25%  
3 star  9%  
2 star  3%  
1 star  3%
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:22:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Two from today's amazon top 100 free that may be of interest to some.

#17 Todd

Without warning on a sunny June afternoon, all life on Earth vanishes. Reeling and alone in the aftermath, Alan and his son Todd scrounge through the ruins of civilization to survive.

Finding food and water is easy. Electric power is harder. But Alan has his own search, one he tries to hide from his son: after a lifelong struggle with depression, his scarcest resource now is a reason to keep living.

Through wildfires and tornadoes, as the deadly cold of a Minnesota winter draws closer, the two ask questions that may never be answered. Why did this happen? Why were they spared? They don't realize that behind the empty sky, the entity that did this still watches.

Or that its plans have only begun.

4.8 out of 5 stars (21 reviews)
5 star 86%
4 star 9%
3 star 5%
2 star 0%
1 star 0%

#42 Drifters' Alliance, Book 1

One hand of cards and it's all over but the crying...

Cass Kennedy finally gets what she's been dreaming of for the past ten years: a drifter ship to call her own. All the sim time and battle training is going to pay off in spades as she sets her course for the future. She'll be living on her own terms, not those of her father.

But drifting through deep space with a crew of nutty strangers on the DS Anarchy carries a lot more surprises than she bargained for. Nobody told her that her ship is falling apart, that dead chickens are something you really want to hang on to, and that the OSG has big plans for the universe that don't necessarily jibe with her plans for herself.

Jump onboard with Cass and her crew as she charts a course toward an alliance that will either make her or break her as Captain of the DS Anarchy.

4.7 out of 5 stars (33 reviews)
5 star 73%
4 star 21%
3 star 6%
2 star 0%
1 star 0%
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#24]

#85 Star Shroud (Ascension Series Book 1)

Humanity is about to learn they aren’t alone.

Zack Quick has been on the move for ten years hacking big corporations and exposing their secrets. Then he stumbles upon one of the biggest discoveries that will forever change the world and possibly get him killed.

Kaylan Farrow is the pilot for Earth’s most advanced spaceship whose maiden voyage is supposed to take her crew to Titan, but newly released images from a deep space probe threaten to cancel the mission.

Kept secret for 60 years, the discovery of an alien signal forces a NASA pilot and computer hacker to team up to investigate an alien structure discovered in the furthest reaches of the solar system.

The Star Shroud is the first installment in a action packed science fiction thriller series. If you like space opera adventure stories with clever heroes, impossible situations, and chilling discoveries, then strap yourself in, you’re in for a fun nonstop thrill ride.

4.5 out of 5 stars (69 reviews)
5 star62%
4 star32%
3 star2%
2 star1%
1 star3%
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 8:43:29 AM EDT
[#25]

#47 The Forever Gate Series: Books 4-5

***For a limited time, get books 1 - 3 in this series for free - to find out more, visit http://bit.ly/isaacthree (copy and paste into your browser)***

“One of the most exciting and thought-provoking sci-fi sagas I have read in a long time.” [ Rusty Leary - Reviewer]

“More twists than a summer sandstorm!” [ Trailrydr - Reviewer ]

“Hoodwink is the ultimate father.” [ Amazon Reviewer ]

Book Description

The Forever Gate saga is a mind-bending thrill ride that explores what it means to be human. It has been one of the highest-rated sci-fi series on Amazon over the last three years. This bundle contains books 4 and 5 in the series, and will captivate fans of science fiction, fantasy, cyberpunk, and LitRPG.

In this riveting two-volume set, generation-ship passenger Hoodwink Cooper infiltrates a tyrannical alien regime and traverses multiple realities in a daring attempt to bring his daughter back from the dead...

There's only one problem.

He might destroy the last living remnants of humanity in the process.

4.8 out of 5 stars (54 reviews)
5 star83%
4 star17%
3 star0%
2 star0%
1 star0%

#78 A Loop in Time (Time Loop Book 1)

“We’re losing him!” came a frantic voice over the headset.
“I’m still here,” the pilot insisted.
“We’re losing--” the voice cut out and then there was silence.
“Control, do you read me? Control?” the pilot was panicking.
There was no answer. Suddenly flames burst out all around him. The last thing he remembered was reaching for the eject switch, before his thoughts devolved into an inky black void.

The mysterious pilot was brought into the military hospital unconscious. The base didn’t know who he was. Some thought he was an alien, some thought he was a Russian spy all because of the unknown, yet highly advanced airplane he was flying at the time of his crash.
When the pilot awakes, he has amnesia. He gradually gets his memory back only to find that he is not only in the wrong place, he is also in the wrong time.

3.4 out of 5 stars (52 reviews)
5 star33%
4 star27%
3 star6%
2 star21%
1 star13%
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 7:08:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Couple of SciFi type books on the Amazon Top 100 Free that might be of interest to some. First one only has two reviews both five stars so take it for what its worth.

#81 The Forever Life (The Forever Series Book 1)

Immortal, alone, and broken. To live forever, love must die. Major Jon Ryan is a cocky fighter pilot turned astronaut. He volunteers for the most ambitious, desperate mission ever conceived. The planet Jupiter, thrown off orbit, will destroy Earth in less than a century. Project Ark is humanity's only hope for survival. Jon will search alone to find a suitable location for human resettlement.

To be able to do this, he must first have his consciousness transferred into an experimental android host. He understands the implications of his mission all too well: He will not age and by the time he returns home all the people he knew will be dead. His only companion on his fifty year voyage is his ship's irritable AI.

Jon not only pushes the extremes of human technology, but the limits of his psychological strength. As time goes by, all communications with Earth gradually cease, leaving him in an eerie silence with more questions than answers. Will he save our species from extinction or be the sole survivor, lost forever in space?

5.0 out of 5 stars (2 reviews)
5 star 100%
4 star 0%
3 star 0%
2 star 0%
1 star 0%

#93 Lunar Discovery: Let the Space Race Begin (Discovery Series Book 1)

What lies on the dark side of the moon could change the course of humanity forever.

When a Chinese rover discovers an alien technology on the dark side of the moon, it is up to Richard 'Rock' Crandon and his NASA team of scientists and engineers to devise a way to return before the Chinese and Russians.

Forced to deal with bureaucratic oversight and a complex team of personalities, Rock Crandon pushes his team to their limits.

With pressure mounting, the world is pushed closer to conflict and war as the NASA team finds itself seriously behind in the newly initiated space race. The future of mankind, its ideological and technological advances are at stake, as the world's super powers race to discover what lies on the dark side of the moon.

Who will get there first, and at what cost?

4.2 out of 5 stars (45 reviews)
5 star 47%
4 star 36%
3 star 11%
2 star 4%
1 star 2%
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#27]
A few from today's Amazon Top 100 Free that may be of interest to to some.

#45 A Cast Iron Morning: The 50 Best Cast Iron Breakfast Recipes That Anyone Can Make

One Pan Breakfast: From Stovetop to Oven

If you own a cast iron skillet, then you know that it’s one of the most multipurpose pieces of cook ware in your kitchen. You can easily cook any type of food by putting all the ingredients in one pan. Then you can either cook on the stove top or use this same pan by baking in the oven.

With this concept and a good recipe book, you can make quick and easy healthy and delicious breakfasts in your cast iron skillet. Don’t we all agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day?

Inside you will find my Cast Iron Breakfast favorites with nutritional information included ... ENJOY!!

Recipes You Will Discover Inside
Sausage and Mushroom Quiches
Curry and Broccoli Fritters
Banana Berry Pancakes
Breakfast Cobbler
And MANY more!

4.5 out of 5 stars (19 reviews)
5 star 69%
4 star 21%
3 star 5%
2 star 0%
1 star 5%

#63 The Final Six Days (Time Crossers Book 1)

No memory. No identity. Six days to live.

A man wakes up in the desert outside of Las Vegas on December 26th, sometime in the future, where everything around him feels strange and foreign. He soon learns that a civilization-busting asteroid is about to crash into Las Vegas in six days. After wandering aimlessly in the dystopian final days with Cassie, a young attractive woman who has a fetish for helping lost souls, they spend their final moments together before being incinerated by the crashing fireball. But instead of dying, he awakes in the same location as before, discovering that he is living the same six days over and over. With the help of a mysterious former NASA scientist, he formulates a plan to save himself and Cassie by taking shelter in one of the government's top secret underground survival shelters. But along the way, he uncovers clues that suggest not all is what it seems, and through introspection, he wonders if he is meant for a greater purpose.

4.5 out of 5 stars (2 reviews)
5 star 50%
4 star 50%
3 star 0%
2 star 0%
1 star 0%
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 5:49:47 AM EDT
[#28]

#2 Excelsior: Book 1 of the New Frontiers Series

A MISSION TO ANOTHER WORLD COULD BE OUR ONLY HOPE...
The year is 2790 AD: with space elevators and giant orbital fleets hovering over Earth, open war looks inevitable, and people are anxious to get away.

The lines are drawn, with the Confederacy in the East, and the First World Alliance in the West. In hopes of finding a refuge from the looming war, the Alliance is sending Captain Alexander de Leon to explore an Earth-type planet, code-named Wonderland, but at the last minute before launch, a Confederate fleet leaves orbit on a trajectory that threatens both the mission and Alliance sovereignty. The resulting power struggle will determine not only the fate of Alexander's mission, but the fate of the entire human race.

4.5 out of 5 stars (304 reviews)
5 star 69%
4 star 23%
3 star 5%
2 star 1%
1 star 2%
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 7:34:12 AM EDT
[#29]

#47 After The Event Super Boxset: Post Apocalyptic Fiction

Dystopian masterminds James Hunt, author of "Broken Lines: EMP Survival,” Roger Hayden, author of “Terror Rising,” and J.S Donovan, author of “Zika: Last Hope,” which have collectively accumulated 200+ five-star reviews, come together in this SUPER BOX SET for the first time! That’s FIVE complete book SERIES at a discounted price!

Terror Rising: A Sleeper Cell Kidnapping

A threatening video message from an ISIS sleeper cell sets off an irreversible chain of events where one border patrol agent finds herself facing a ruthless terrorist leader, a frenzied media, and a clueless government. With her own family’s life in the balance, Angela Gannon is forced to take the investigation into her own hands with a rogue CIA agent hell-bent on revenge.

Zika: Last Hope

Seven years ago, the Zika virus mutated. What was once the cause of congenital abnormalities is now humanity’s greatest adversary. As society faces imminent collapse, Mara Murdock, a cynical beat cop with nefarious connections, finds herself in possession of mankind’s final hope. A hope thousands would kill for.

Broken Lines: EMP Post Apocalyptic Fiction

Mike Grant, a veteran welder for a Pittsburgh steel company, is at work when an EMP wrecks the entire country. With no transportation and no way to contact his loved ones, Mike has to combat the panic stricken city to find his father, reach his wife and children in the suburbs, and escape to their cabin in Ohio.

Distressed

Captain Dylan Turk has found himself trapped in a world of terror and destruction. Egyptian radicals have blackmailed him into running bombs and weapons for their terrorist organization. With his back against the wall, he’ll be forced to save either his family or his country.

Radioactive: A Dirty Bomb Prepper Survival Story

Southern California is home to sand, surf, and fun in the sun. Jim Farr, a former Naval Intelligence Officer, owns a maritime mechanics company and works as a contractor for the San Diego Naval Base. It’s a normal day on the job until explosions go off. With the Naval Base destroyed, and word of attacks happening around the country, Jim has to get to his sister in Phoenix… But that’s just the beginning. Follow Jim along in this three-part action packed series and find out just what happens when the bombs go off.

5.0 out of 5 stars (2 reviews)
5 star  100%  
4 star 0%  
3 star 0%  
2 star 0%  
1 star 0%  

#51 Hardtack and Coffee or The Unwritten Story of Army Life

Hardtack and Coffee or The Unwritten Story of Army Life (1887) is a memoir by John D. Billings. Billings was a veteran of the 10th Massachusetts Volunteer Light Artillery Battery in the American Civil War. Originally published in 1888, Hard Tack and Coffee quickly became a best seller, and is now considered one of the most important books written by a Civil War veteran. "Hard Tack and Coffee" is not about battles, but rather about how the common Union soldiers of the Civil War lived in camp and on the march. What would otherwise be a mundane subject is enlivened by Billings' humorous prose.

4.4 out of 5 stars (162 reviews)
5 star  59%  
4 star  25%  
3 star  12%  
2 star  2%  
1 star  2%  

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 8:12:43 AM EDT
[#30]

#31 A Distant Eden
https://www.amazon.com/Distant-Eden-Lloyd-Tackitt-ebook/dp/B007ODDGUC

#36 Adrian's War (A Distant Eden Book 2)
https://www.amazon.com/Adrians-War-Distant-Eden-Book-ebook/dp/B008VRADEW

#33 Eden's Hammer (A Distant Eden Book 3)
https://www.amazon.com/Edens-Hammer-Distant-Eden-Book-ebook/dp/B00AY1AD02

#35 Eden's Warriors (A Distant Eden Book 4)
https://www.amazon.com/Edens-Warriors-Distant-Eden-Book-ebook/dp/B00C74WTKQ

#34 Eden's War (A Distant Eden Book 5)
https://www.amazon.com/Edens-War-Distant-Eden-Book-ebook/dp/B00HGYJAN6
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Few from today's Amazon Top 100 Free that may be of interest to some.

#2 Plague Wars: Infection Day: The First Trilogy: Three apocalyptic technothriller sci-fi adventures (Plague Wars Series)

From Hugo nominated and Amazon bestselling author David VanDyke. When the Eden Plague is loosed upon the world, the forces of order and chaos, good and evil must battle it out in a struggle for control and supremacy. A PTSD-damaged combat medic, a female Marine with no legs and a sniper with no remorse might be its only hope of survival. Can these flawed heroes drive back those who would enslave humanity? Or will the darkness spread and swallow them up?

Begin your journey through the epic saga of the Plague Wars with the gripping first three books of the bestselling apocalyptic series, for the first time in one enormous volume. Plague Wars follows in the apocalyptic tradition of Hugh Howie and Max Brooks, and the military science fiction tradition of Christopher Nuttall, David Drake, Vaughn Heppner and David Weber.

4.5 out of 5 stars (106 reviews)
5 star61%
4 star28%
3 star7%
2 star 2%
1 star 2%

#23 Living Off The Grid: A Guide To Surviving Without The System

Thinking of living 'off the grid'? Looking to do the best you can for you and your family in this modern day and age, but not sure how to get 'off the grid' successfully? Want more space, less 'system' and to be truly self-sufficient?

Then "Living Off The Grid - A Guide To Surviving Without The System" is the right book for you. I wrote this book to help others discover the simplest and easiest ways of becoming self sufficient by getting off the grid and making sure that it works for you.

After reading this book you will be able to stop being dependent on all the 'system' services and provide yourself with your own water, heating, power, food and more…

4.6 out of 5 stars (5 reviews)
5 star 80%
4 star 0%
3 star 20%
2 star 0%
1 star 0%

#84 Get Out of Denver (Denver Burning Book 1)

When planes fall from the sky and the streets of Denver erupt into violent chaos, McLean faces a choice. He can drop everything and run for his mountain retreat, or he can go back for the woman he's begun to care about.

Carrie was never part of his plan, but without her his plan may lose its meaning. Before their journey is over, she will have a greater part to play than either of them suspected.

Making their way out of a city in full societal meltdown and across the Colorado Rockies to the ranch where they hope to find refuge, McLean and Carrie's small band grapples with the dangers and obstacles of a world without order and a life in which the strength of individuals-- both physical and internal-- will define their ability to survive.

4.0 out of 5 stars (143 reviews)
5 star 40%
4 star 36%
3 star 11%
2 star 7%
1 star 6%
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Keep it up, you have gotten me reading some new scifi authors, thanks
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:14:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Great selections, thanks
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 8:25:08 AM EDT
[#34]

#63 Crimson Worlds Collection I: Crimson Worlds Books 1-3

The first three books of Jay Allan's Crimson Worlds series (over 800,000 books sold), in one discounted collection...
Don't miss CW Collection II (books 3-6) just $2.99 for a limited time!

Marines (Crimson Worlds I)

Erik Cain joined the marines to get off death row. The deal was simple; enlist to fight in space and he would be pardoned for all his crimes.

In the 23rd Century, assault troops go to war wearing AI-assisted, nuclear-powered armor, but it is still men and blood that win battles. From one brutal campaign to the next, Erik and his comrades fight an increasingly desperate war over the resource rich colony worlds that have become vital to the economies of Earth's exhausted and despotic Superpowers.

As Erik rises through the ranks he finally finds a home, first with the marines who fight at his side and later among the colonists - men and women who have dared to leave everything behind to build a new society on the frontier, one where the freedoms and rights lost long ago on Earth are preserved.

Amidst the blood and death and sacrifice, Erik begins to wonder. Is he fighting the right war? Who is the real enemy?

--------------------------

The Cost of Victory (Crimson Worlds II)

The Third Frontier War is raging, and all across human-occupied space worlds are burning. Massive battlefleets struggle for dominance and kilometer-long war ships exchange thermonuclear barrages.

Battered in the early years of the war, the Western Alliance is resurgent. The brilliant Admiral Augustus Garret leads the Alliance fleet from victory to victory, taking the war to the very heart of the enemy empires. And on the ground, Colonel Erik Cain, hero of the Marine Corps, leads his crack troops again into combat, seeking the final battle.

In the background, the secretive intelligence agencies of the despotic Superpowers plot and scheme, using their own soldiers as pawns in the great game for control of space. But the final battle will be fought in the reddish sands of a backwater world, and the prize will be the staggering secret that has lain hidden in a remote cave for untold centuries.

All the Powers struggle for the ultimate victory, but at what cost?

---------------------------

A Little Rebellion (Crimson Worlds III)

Crimson Worlds Book III The Third Frontier War is over, and the Western Alliance is triumphant. All across human-occupied space, colony worlds celebrate the coming of peace.

But peace is an elusive dream, and more trouble is brewing. The war was expensive, and the economies of the Superpowers, always fragile, are on the verge of total collapse.

The Directorate, the shadowy intelligence organization that has become the true power behind the Alliance government, plans to strip the colonies bare to pay the costs of war. Already, they are tightening their control over the freewheeling colonial governments. And the Marine Corps faces total destruction at the hands of the worst traitor in its history.

But the colonists are a different breed than the passive mob on Earth, and they have no intention of meekly surrendering their hard won freedoms. On worlds all across the frontier, plans are hatched and weapons hoarded. And in taverns and meeting halls the words of an ancient text are uttered in hushed tones. A little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing.

--------
4.4 out of 5 stars (154 reviews)
5 star56%
4 star36%
3 star4%
2 star2%
1 star2%
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 6:25:00 AM EDT
[#36]

#24 EMP No Power: Post Apocalyptic Fiction- Book 0

An EMP explodes over Washington DC and the world comes to screeching halt. As society falls into dismay, Harper Murphy, a skilled army quartermaster/single mother, charges headlong into the escalating chaos to save the only thing she holds dear: her son. In a world rife with chaos, how far would a mother go to protect her family?

3.7 out of 5 stars (4 reviews)
5 star50%
4 star25%
3 star0%
2 star0%
1 star25%

#19 EMP No Power: Post Apocalyptic Fiction- Book 1

Within twenty-four hours, America turns from the world's power into a crumpling mess. Against unshakable odds, Harper Murphy, army quartermaster and single mother, combats the tides of chaos in this deadly post-EMP struggle.

4.0 out of 5 stars (3 reviews)
5 star34%
4 star33%
3 star33%
2 star0%
1 star0%

#87 Flashpoint (Book One of the Drive Maker Trilogy)

What is the cost of peace?
Guilt-ridden over her role in the cataclysmic Order War, Taylor Ghatzi decided to retire from galactic politics and dedicate her life to the Emergency Service—until a deadly terror attack strikes her home world, and she may be the only one able to unravel the mystery behind it.

Meanwhile, Cherran DeGuavra, the son of the most important statesman in the past century, gave up on trying to reunite the galaxy frayed by his late father's greatest mistake, but now must call upon all of his diplomatic powers to prevent it from tearing itself even further apart.

With the galaxy's powers on a war footing and their own government obstructing them, Taylor and Cherran may need to start a fight to prevent one.

Flashpoint is the first novel in the Drive Maker Trilogy, a space opera science fiction series.

4.5 out of 5 stars (15 reviews)
5 star53%
4 star47%
3 star0%
2 star0%
1 star0%
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 7:20:32 AM EDT
[#37]

#7 LZR-1143: Evolution: Book Two of the LZR-1143 Zombie Apocalypse Series

In the midst of a zombie apocalypse, it takes a movie star to do the impossible.

Which is exactly what Mike McKnight will have to do to survive.

The dead have risen. A lethal virus has decimated millions, turning the infected into the walking dead.

Society has crumbled, cities are in flames, and the human race is on the verge of extinction.

Somehow, Mike McKnight has survived. So far. From his cell in a mental institution, he battled the ghosts of his past and the throngs of undead to uncover and retrieve the last vestige of mankind's hope to fight the deadly plague.

Now, from the deck of an aircraft carrier, to the farmlands of the Eastern Shore and the very heart of the nation's capital, Mike carries the hope of an entire race. With him rides the only chance at fighting the spread of the virus, and turning back the tide of infection.

But the undead are changing. They are evolving. Hunting in larger groups and banding together to track their prey, that are more dangerous predators than ever before. To survive, he will have to learn to adapt, and to come to grips with the most important evolution of all: his own.

4.6 out of 5 stars (190 reviews)
5 star68%
4 star25%
3 star6%
2 star1%
1 star0%
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 7:31:29 AM EDT
[#38]
One from today's Amazon Top 100 Free that may be of interest to some. Only three reviews (currently) all five stars so take it for what its worth.

#79 The Source: A Wildfire Prequel

Chad Huntley can’t get sick. When an influenza pandemic kills almost everyone around him, he finds himself on the run, hunted by soldiers and mercenaries, chased across a wasteland of empty houses and dying suburbs as he tries to escape Fort Worth.

Mankind’s only hope is for him to partner with a brilliant virologist to find a cure—but not everyone wants a cure for the greater good.

The Source, the first prequel to Apache Dawn, opens a terrifying window on the early days of The Great Pandemic and sets in motion the events of the Wildfire Saga.

5.0 out of 5 stars (3 reviews)
5 star100%
4 star0%
3 star0%
2 star0%
1 star0%
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 5:55:34 AM EDT
[#39]
The Longest Quest

Gwen Cheski had things on her mind. She was struggling to make a fresh start, with a new job in a new town, in a new state, far removed from anything she’d known. Meanwhile, her past was in the past, with all of its heartaches and all of its secrets.

Written by a friend. It should be free through the 28th. So far, has a 4.7, but only 5 total reviews. Fairly short read, but I liked it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The Longest Quest

Gwen Cheski had things on her mind. She was struggling to make a fresh start, with a new job in a new town, in a new state, far removed from anything she’d known. Meanwhile, her past was in the past, with all of its heartaches and all of its secrets.

Written by a friend. It should be free through the 28th. So far, has a 4.7, but only 5 total reviews. Fairly short read, but I liked it.
View Quote

Thanks,  got it on my kindle. Will read soon.

Txl
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Txl
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Longest Quest

Txl

I downloaded it and read it this morning- I really liked it. Some interesting twists.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 7:45:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I downloaded it and read it this morning- I really liked it. Some interesting twists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Longest Quest

Txl

Thanks. I passed your comment on to Tom, and he thanks you as well. He also requests that you post it up on Amazon. He's making his play to start doing this for a living, and every positive review helps.

It's still free until Monday, BTW. I'm supposed to say that. Apparently, if he gets his good review count up to 10, he's breaking out the Glen Livet, and you guys know how much I love my single malt
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#43]
ROFL! Just heard from Tom. He asked me if I knew somebody named Fu Arock. I said that I might.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

ROFL! Just heard from Tom. He asked me if I knew somebody named Fu Arock. I said that I might.
View Quote

The stuff of Legend . . .

I'll write a review when i read it.

Link Posted: 11/27/2016 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The Longest Quest

View Quote

Finished the book.  It was a great read.  Tell your buddy to get busy on the next one. Really liked the ending.  Does not come across as  first novel at all.

Short review was left on Amazon.

Tell him to finish the story.  He can make a living with his ability to write.

Thanks for posting it here.

Txl

Eta, would like to know why he is not the copyright holder, or is Tom a pen name?
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 4:20:55 PM EDT
[#46]
prison of souls

Great reviews, have not read yet but looks good.

Txl

"This is one of those books where you want to grab readers by the shoulders and say, "You MUST read this!' " - Laura L Stapleton, Author of Undeniable.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Finished the book.  It was a great read.  Tell your buddy to get busy on the next one. Really liked the ending.  Does not come across as  first novel at all.

Txl

Eta, would like to know why he is not the copyright holder, or is Tom a pen name?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Longest Quest

Txl

Tom is a very private guy with family issues. He does not want his real name anywhere online (he's a bit paranoid), due in part to ex wife issues. He's kind of afraid that, if she finds out he's done something successful, she'll come after him again. Bitch is seriously toxic.

He's got another book out and more on the way. We've been telling him for years that he can write.  What finally happened is that I gave one of his stories to a local publisher, who finally convinced him to put the stuff out there. The Longest Quest was apparently never meant to see the light of day.

I'd love to pimp his other books, but CoC and all that.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 7:49:51 AM EDT
[#48]

#8 Dark Space: The Original Trilogy (Books 1-3)

Includes the first three books of the Best-Selling Space Opera, with over 250,000 books sold to date. This trilogy is standalone from the sequels.
Dark Space I
HUMANITY IS DEFEATED
Ten years ago the Sythians invaded the galaxy with one goal: to wipe out the human race.
THEY ARE HIDING
Now the survivors are hiding in the last human sector of the galaxy: Dark Space--once a place of exile for criminals, now the last refuge of mankind.
THEY ARE ISOLATED
The once galaxy-spanning Imperium of Star Systems is left guarding the gate which is the only way in or out of Dark Space--but not everyone is satisfied with their governance.
AND THEY ARE KILLING EACH OTHER
Freelancer and ex-convict Ethan Ortane is on the run. He owes crime lord Alec Brondi 10,000 sols, and his ship is badly damaged. When Brondi catches up with him, he makes an offer Ethan can't refuse. Ethan must infiltrate and sabotage the Valiant, the Imperial Star Systems Fleet carrier which stands guarding the entrance of Dark Space, and then his debt will be cleared. While Ethan is still undecided about what he will do, he realizes that the Imperium has been lying and putting all of Dark Space at risk. Now Brondi's plan is starting to look like a necessary evil, but before Ethan can act on it, he discovers that the real plan was much more sinister than what he was told, and he will be lucky to escape the Valiant alive. . . .

Dark Space II: The Invisible War
THEIR SHIP IS DAMAGED
Ethan Ortane has just met his long lost son, Atton, but the circumstances could have been better. After a devastating bio-attack and the ensuing battle, they've fled Dark Space aboard the Defiant to get away from the crime lord, Alec Brondi, who has just stolen the most powerful vessel left in the Imperial Star Systems' Fleet--the Valiant, a five-kilometer-long gladiator-class carrier.
THEY ARE LOW ON FUEL
They need reinforcements to face Brondi, but beyond Dark Space the comm relays are all down, meaning that they must cross Sythian Space to contact the rest of the fleet. Making matters worse, they are low on fuel. They'll have to travel on the space lanes to save fuel, but the lanes are controlled by Sythians, and they are fraught with entire fleets of cloaked alien ships.

Dark Space III: Origin
THE DEFIANT IS STRANDED
Ethan and his son, Atton, have been arrested for high treason and conspiracy, crimes which will surely mean the death sentence, but it's beginning to look like theirs aren't the only lives in jeopardy--the Defiant is stranded in Sythian Space, and the vessel which Commander Caldin sent to get help has used all its fuel to get to Obsidian Station, only to find out that the station has been destroyed. Now the Defiant's last hope for a rescue is gone, and everyone on board is about to die a cold, dark death.
HUMANITY IS STILL FIGHTING ITSELF
Meanwhile, the notorious crime lord, Alec Brondi, is plotting to capture the remnants of Admiral Hoff's fleet, just as he captured the Valiant, but Hoff's men are on to him, and Brondi is about to get a lot more than he bargained for, forcing him to flee to the one place he knows will be safe--Dark Space.
AND A NEW INVASION IS ABOUT TO BEGIN
But Dark Space is only safe because the alien invaders don't know exactly where it is, and now they have a plan to find it which will threaten not only Dark Space, but the entire human race.

4.4 out of 5 stars (405 reviews)
5 star51%
4 star38%
3 star8%
2 star2%
1 star1%
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#50]
A couple from today's Amazon Top 100 Free.

#63 Ad Astra (Adventures of the Starship Satori Book 1)

In 2034, the Earth is in crisis. Energy use is at an all-time high, and energy-hungry nations seem on the verge of going to war with one another.
But on the moon a discovery is made, something that changes the balance of everything. A set of caves is opened by explorers, revealing a buried base thousands of years old. Among the relics found is the ruin of an ancient starship, with an engine capable of carrying humanity to the stars - or becoming the golden apple that starts a war no one can win.
A handful of unlikely heroes will risk their lives to keep the starship safe.
If life knocked you down, would you risk everything you had left to reach for the stars?

4.2 out of 5 stars (22 reviews)
5 star54%
4 star18%
3 star23%
2 star5%
1 star0%

[If you missed the free Crimson Worlds Book 1-3 posted previously in this thread you can get book one, Marines, for free today.]

#90 Marines: Crimson Worlds I

The First Book of Jay Allan's bestselling Crimson Worlds Series (over 800,000 books sold)...

Pick up Books 2 (The Cost of Victory) and 3 (A Little Rebellion) in the series for 99¢ through Dec 8! Also, get RED TEAM ALPHA, a brand-new standalone Crimson Worlds adventure, for just 99¢ for a very limited time.

Erik Cain joined the Marines to get off death row. The deal was simple; enlist to fight in space and he would be pardoned for all his crimes.

Marines

In the 23rd Century, assault troops go to war wearing AI-assisted, nuclear-powered armor, but it is still warriors and blood that win battles. From one brutal campaign to the next, Erik and his comrades fight an increasingly desperate war over the resource rich colony worlds that have become vital to the economies of Earth's exhausted and despotic Superpowers.

As Erik rises through the ranks he finally finds a home, first with the Marines who fight at his side and later among the colonists - men and women who have dared to leave everything behind to build a new society on the frontier, one where the freedoms and rights lost long ago on Earth are preserved.

But causes can be fleeting, imperfect things. Amidst the blood and death and sacrifice, Erik begins to wonder. Is he fighting the right war? Who is the real enemy?

Now Included: A sneak peek at Crimson Worlds II: The Cost of Victory. Read the first three chapters, immediately following the end of Marines in this Kindle edition.

3.9 out of 5 stars  (407 reviews)
5 star42%
4 star27%
3 star15%
2 star8%
1 star8%
Page / 38
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top