Site Notices
Page / 38
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:50:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:51:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#6]
From GD: My book Duty, Honor, Planet is free to DL on Kindle Monday through Friday

My first science fiction novel, the first book in the eponymous trilogy Duty, Honor, Planet is going to be FREE for download on Kindle from Monday through Friday of this week.
If you like military science fiction, give it a shot. It's well worth the price of...free.  
If you have friends that like science fiction, let them know...hell, if you have enemies that like science fiction, let them know too.
For those of you who don't have a Kindle, you can download a Kindle app for your smart phone, iPad, Android tablet or Windows tablet or for your computer at no cost which will allow you to read this fine example of shit blowing up on other planets also at no cost.
If you like it after reading the free download, feel free to leave a review on Amazon, also at no cost to you.
If you don't like it, keep your opinions to yourself!

Here's a link to the book, but remember, the free download doesn't start till Monday the 21st of July and runs through the following Friday.

http://www.amazon.com/Duty-Honor-Planet-Rick-Partlow-ebook/dp/B005FD1YMU/ref=la_B00B1GNL4E_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1405861098&sr=1-3
View Quote

BTW I also have my short story collection Short Futures free until Saturday.

http://www.amazon.com/Short-Futures-Rick-Partlow-ebook/dp/B00B3HFC8Y/ref=la_B00B1GNL4E_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1406042089&sr=1-6
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:04:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:55:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Few of these on the list today have been on the Amazon top 100 free list in the past.

Things Mother Used to Make A Collection of Old Time Recipes, Some Nearly One Hundred Years Old and Never Published Before

Green Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss and Detox Book

Salads To Go

Cooking with Beans and Legumes: Simple Recipes for Cooking Delicious, Healthy Meals with Beans and Legumes

The CVS Drugstore Game: Strategies to Turn Pocket Change into Thousands of Dollars' Worth of Free Products (The Drugstore Game Book 1)

40 Juicing Recipes For Weight Loss and Healthy Living (Juicer Recipes Book)

War and Peace: With bonus material from Give War and Peace A Chance by Andrew D. Kaufman

JeBouffe Home Canning Step by Step Guide (second edition) Revised and Expanded

The Budget Cookbook: 57 Delicious Recipes You Can Cook at Home to Have Restaurant Quality Meals on a Shoestring Budget

PLAY The Discipline Solution: A New System Motivates Children to Do Chores while Teaching Life Skills & Self Discipline WITHOUT Cash or Spanking

Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss - 30 Delicious Detox, Cleanse and Green Smoothie Diet Book

How to Crochet: Volume III The Final Complete Advance Guide with More Advanced Patterns, Stitches and Squares for the Advanced Crocheter. Includes Step- by- Step Instructions with Detailed Pictures

Smart Lotionmaking: The Simple Guide to Making Luxurious Lotions, or How to Make Lotion from Scratch That's Better Than You Buy and Costs You Less

Milk Soapmaking: The Smart and Simple Guide to Making Lovely Milk Soap from Scratch with Cow Milk, Goat Milk, Buttermilk, Cream, Coconut Milk, or Any Other Animal or Plant Milk

Organic Lotion: Recipes for Beginners: How to Create Homemade Organic Lotions For Beauty, Nourishment, and Skin Healing (Treat Your Skin Naturally with ... Organic Lotion Recipes Made for Beginners)

Mini Farming: Becoming Self Sufficient Through Homesteading And Organic Gardening, Gardening For Beginners (Mini Farming, urban farming, Homesteading, ... Organic Gardening, Vegetable Garden)

Soap Making for Beginners: Proven Secrets to Making All Natural Homemade Soaps that Will Rejuvenate, Refresh and Revitalize Your Skin (FREE Book Offer): Soap Making Books, Soap Making Recipes, Lotion

A Tale of Two Cities (Illustrated) (Top Five Classics Book 7)

600 Aromatherapy Recipes for Beauty, Health & Home - Plus Advice & Tips on How to Use Essential Oils

Bread Made Easy: Delicious and Simple Handmade Artisan Bread (The Art of Baking Series Book 1)
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:41:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Decay Omnibus: A Post-Apocalyptic Tale of Survival

I found this book on http://www.reddit.com/r/freeEBOOKS.  Just add it to the list of resources that we have compiled over the last year or so.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:30:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:37:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:18:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:00:00 AM EDT
[#14]
For those reading the Arisen series, they are putting each one on for free every couple of weeks. Up to book four now. Two more to go.

Arisen: Book Four
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:38:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#18]
A Bargain At Half The Price will be a freebie for Kindle on Saturday, 8/2 and Sunday, 8/3.

Bargain is about a car dealership that hires Satan as a salesman, but they fire him because he's not enough of a scumbag.

Please note that it's a script modified to a play format because the film script form didn't work in Kindle.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LWW01RM
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A Bargain At Half The Price will be a freebie for Kindle on Saturday, 8/2 and Sunday, 8/3.

Bargain is about a car dealership that hires Satan as a salesman, but they fire him because he's not enough of a scumbag.

Please note that it's a script modified to a play format because the film script form didn't work in Kindle.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LWW01RM
View Quote

While humorous just reading your description. I doubt there's one or two places that would shit can him. Listen up Satan, you either sell those folks this piece of shit, or you're gone

ROY L FUCHS, USED CARS.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:25:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 1:15:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Next one is up.

A Bargain At Half The Price is about a car dealership that hires Satan as a salesman, but they fire him because he's not enough of a scumbag.

It's on Amazon if you want to say wonderful things about it. If you want a free copy, send me a pm with your email and I'll send you a .pdf of it. The Kindle version reads like a play script. It's actually a film script.

http://www.amazon.com/Bargain-At-Half-Price-ebook/dp/B00LWW01RM/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1405906511&sr=1-1
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 12:26:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 8:16:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 3:16:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Another zombie book.  Written by active duty soldier, W.J. Lundy.

Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 8:31:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:54:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:57:31 AM EDT
[#35]

Shows $5.99 for me.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 8:29:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Shows $5.99 for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Strange wasn't earlier this morning. <shrugs> Removing it from that post.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:39:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Looks interesting:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D9337XM/

Stopping Napoleon: War and Intrigue in the Mediterranean is by Tom Pocock

" ... has restored this neglected campaign to its true importance in this lively and important book"
John Crossland, Sunday Times

After his defeat by Nelson at Trafalgar, Napoleon knew he could never invade England. Many thought he would try to take over the vast, crumbling Ottoman Empire, return to Egypt and even march on India. So the British concentrated on the Mediterranean: for a decade it became the scene of dangers - real or imagined - and of battles - both on land and at sea. All was dictated by a fierce determination to stop Napoleon. There were triumphs and disasters in remote and exotic places, and a Trafalgar in miniature was fought between frigate squadrons in the Adriatic. The Peninsular War might well have been fought in another peninsula: Italy. Bizarre rulers had to be flattered, or fought: the Bourbons in Palmero and Napoleon's dashing brother-in-law, Marshal Murat, King of Naples. The successors to Nelson and predecessors of Wellington fought there, amongst them Lord Collingwood, Sir Sidney Smith and Sir John Moore. Napoleon himself materialised at his most magnificent in Venice and in humiliating exile on Elba. Of course, Napoleon himself did not see it like that.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

most "free" books are for a very limited time.. ya get 'em while they're 'hot'
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my experience they're listed for the day, not hours.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From time to time they have errors in pricing or books they label as free but are not. Sometimes books are listed free for weeks, other times just a day or two. Post posted to the Amazon Top 100 Free vary in how lon gthey remain free and how long they even remain on the list. Some books are there for a day, some for a couple. Don't recall any being there for a sold week or more. Some books make frequent appearances on that list, the Braken books are one such example when they are being given away free..
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 7:59:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#45]
A Hymn Before Battle by John Ringo

This could be free all the time but I just saw it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:57:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
A Hymn Before Battle by John Ringo

This could be free all the time but I just saw it.
View Quote

Been free for a while. He has four books free, here are the other three.

Gust Front (Legacy of the Aldenata Book 2)
There Will be Dragons (Council Wars Book 1)
Emerald Sea (Council Wars Book 2)

There is also On Basilisk Station (Honor Harrington Book 1) by David Webber that's been free for a while as well.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 2:40:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Mac Walker Thriller

ETA: I added a selection from todays Bookbub email called Wired. I read it a while ago and gave it 4 stars. Nice SF thriller.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:06:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Page / 38
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top