[#12]
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 6:11:54 AM EDT
[#13]
http://ilbob.blogspot.com/2014/03/free-kindle-books-3-13-14.html

glycemic index diet and cookbook
'paleo baking
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 8:56:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Only 12 reviews mostly positive. but some may be interested in it. Free Kindle eBook on the First World War.

Victory 1918

Book Description
Publication Date: February 24, 2014

Almost a century after the battles of the First World War ended, their consequences remain imprinted on the political maps of Europe and much of the Middle East.

Did events justify Lloyd George's claim in 1914 that the Kaiser could fall `by knocking away the props'; isolating Germany by defeating her partners?

When Italy joined the Allies who was propping up whom?

Were sideshows in the Balkans, Iraq and Palestine integral to the war's general strategy, or were they simply old imperial rivalries resumed by other means?

A hundred years on, that moment in November 1918 when the fighting ceased on the Western Front is still remembered across nations: that symbolic eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month.

'Victory 1918' examines the background to the Allied triumph and its aftermath. Might the Armistice in the forest of Compiegne have come sooner? Did American intervention have won the war and compromised the peace? How near did Germany come to denouncing the Armistice and resuming fighting in 1919?

But 'Victory 1918' is not only concerned with what happened in France and Flanders. There were four armistices that autumn. The Great War was a global conflict, with battlefronts on three continents. Retracing the path to Compiegne through the four-year struggle allows the reader to consider if a broader strategic vision might have brought an earlier victory.

'Victory 1918' is a masterful survey of one of history's great turning points, and offers a fresh interpretation of the war which, more than any other, determined the character of the twentieth century.

‘Palmer’s style is as good as his judgement is daring’ – The Times

ALAN PALMER was Head of the History Department at Highgate School from 1953 to 1969, when he gave up his post to concentrate on historical writing and research. He has written some thirty narrative histories, historical reference books or biographies. In 1980 he was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 7:12:51 AM EDT
[#15]
The previous post refers to the only book I posted today on my blog. Been a slow time for free books lately.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#16]
A few Kindle ebooks on firearms that are currently free. They only have one or two reviews (and one reviewer who reviewed all of them gets called out) and were just published in the last few days so take it for what that's worth:

Guide to Firearm Repair and Improvement
Book Description
Publication Date: March 11, 2014

The “Guide to Firearm Repair and Improvement” is the world’s #1 source for gun owners and enthusiasts. Whether you need to upgrade your existing firearm, or give it proper cleaning and maintenance, this book has something for everyone. Follow the easy step-by-step guides on cleaning or modifying bolt-action rifles, handguns, revolvers, shotguns, air and CO2 rifles, and more.

Accompanied by hundreds of hand drawn illustrations and images, this incredible eBook is a must have for firearm owners. Want to add a new sight to your pistol or rifle? Follow our easy to understand installation guide. We also cover metalworking and gunsmithing, including a detailed listing of tools and parts needed for any job.

Identifying Your Firearms: Complete Edition
Book Description

“Identifying Your Firearms: Complete Edition” is the world’s #1 source for firearm identification and information. It’s packed full of hundreds of pages of information regarding virtually every type of firearm known to man. All of the top models and brands are represented in this amazing collection, including many rare and custom-made pieces. We’ve also included hundreds of photographs and illustrations that make identifying and classifying any weapon easy.

Want to know where a certain model was made? Perhaps you just want to know the caliber of ammunition required. We’ve also included thousands of interesting facts and history regarding the weaponry. This incredible book has something for everyone.

The Pistol Directory
Book Description
Publication Date: March 12, 2014

“The Pistol Directory” Is your one stop shop for information regarding pistols and revolvers. It’s filled with hundreds of pages of amazing, interesting content that gun enthusiasts are sure to enjoy. Featuring weapons from hundreds of countries around the world, you are sure to learn something about your favorite weapon in this incredible book.

Accompanied by hundreds of high definition illustrations and photos, you’ll experience these amazing pistols and revolvers like never before. Take a closer look at weapons from the United States, Germany, Japan, Belgium, Poland, Russia, France, and dozens more.

The Gunsmith Guide
Book Description

From basic disassembly and maintenance to more complex repair and customization techniques, weapons expert Neil Wayne explains in an easy to understand way how to get the very most out of your pistol or revolver. Whether you're wondering how to mount a front or rear sight, replace a cylinder, give your gun a thorough cleaning or perform any one of a hundred other essential procedures, you'll find it in this latest edition of The Gunsmith Guide.

Accompanied by dozens of illustrations and drawings, you’ll be sure to understand and follow these complete step-by-step processes. Need to repair or rebarrel that old pistol? Perhaps you want to modify the caliber on your prized revolver? This book has a little something for everyone.

Edit: A few more that are free:

Sporting Firearms Handbook
Book Description

“The Sporting Firearms Handbook” is one of the most comprehensive reference materials in the world when it comes to sporting guns and weaponry. Accompanied by thousands of photos and illustrations, this book is sure to help you understand and classify any sporting gun in the world today.

To go along with these amazing illustrations, we've included a detailed analysis and in-depth description of these firearms, including identification methods and detailed facts. Whether you are a gun expert or just someone looking to learn more, this incredible book is sure to help!

British Firearms Handbook
Book Description

The “British Firearms Handbook” is an all-in-one resource for gun lovers and historians. When it comes to British small arms, this book has you covered. Accompanied by hundreds of illustrations and drawings, you’ll learn a great deal about British weaponry, including rifles, light machine guns, pistols, and revolvers.

Go in-depth with some of the best British weapons known to man, including the Webley series of pistols and revolvers, as well as the infamous Sten submachine gun. Learn how to operate, maintain, and modify some of the greatest firearms on earth.

Edit #2: Another one.
Gun Safety Guide
Book Description
Publication Date: February 14, 2013

Each year we hear about accidents with firearms. They happen because many gun owners don't know simple gun safety rules. This ebook describes how to store, transport, carry and use firearms safely.

Its main purpose is to educate new and existing gun owners and to make gun community a little safer.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 2:12:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A few Kindle ebooks on firearms that are currently free. They only have one or two reviews (and one reviewer who reviewed all of them gets called out) and were just published in the last few days so take it for what that's worth:

Guide to Firearm Repair and Improvement
Book Description

The “Guide to Firearm Repair and Improvement” is the world’s #1 source for gun owners and enthusiasts. Whether you need to upgrade your existing firearm, or give it proper cleaning and maintenance, this book has something for everyone. Follow the easy step-by-step guides on cleaning or modifying bolt-action rifles, handguns, revolvers, shotguns, air and CO2 rifles, and more.

Accompanied by hundreds of hand drawn illustrations and images, this incredible eBook is a must have for firearm owners. Want to add a new sight to your pistol or rifle? Follow our easy to understand installation guide. We also cover metalworking and gunsmithing, including a detailed listing of tools and parts needed for any job.

Identifying Your Firearms: Complete Edition
Book Description

“Identifying Your Firearms: Complete Edition” is the world’s #1 source for firearm identification and information. It’s packed full of hundreds of pages of information regarding virtually every type of firearm known to man. All of the top models and brands are represented in this amazing collection, including many rare and custom-made pieces. We’ve also included hundreds of photographs and illustrations that make identifying and classifying any weapon easy.

Want to know where a certain model was made? Perhaps you just want to know the caliber of ammunition required. We’ve also included thousands of interesting facts and history regarding the weaponry. This incredible book has something for everyone.

The Pistol Directory
Book Description

“The Pistol Directory” Is your one stop shop for information regarding pistols and revolvers. It’s filled with hundreds of pages of amazing, interesting content that gun enthusiasts are sure to enjoy. Featuring weapons from hundreds of countries around the world, you are sure to learn something about your favorite weapon in this incredible book.

Accompanied by hundreds of high definition illustrations and photos, you’ll experience these amazing pistols and revolvers like never before. Take a closer look at weapons from the United States, Germany, Japan, Belgium, Poland, Russia, France, and dozens more.

The Gunsmith Guide
Book Description

From basic disassembly and maintenance to more complex repair and customization techniques, weapons expert Neil Wayne explains in an easy to understand way how to get the very most out of your pistol or revolver. Whether you're wondering how to mount a front or rear sight, replace a cylinder, give your gun a thorough cleaning or perform any one of a hundred other essential procedures, you'll find it in this latest edition of The Gunsmith Guide.

Accompanied by dozens of illustrations and drawings, you’ll be sure to understand and follow these complete step-by-step processes. Need to repair or rebarrel that old pistol? Perhaps you want to modify the caliber on your prized revolver? This book has a little something for everyone.

Edit: A few more that are free:

Sporting Firearms Handbook
Book Description

“The Sporting Firearms Handbook” is one of the most comprehensive reference materials in the world when it comes to sporting guns and weaponry. Accompanied by thousands of photos and illustrations, this book is sure to help you understand and classify any sporting gun in the world today.

To go along with these amazing illustrations, we've included a detailed analysis and in-depth description of these firearms, including identification methods and detailed facts. Whether you are a gun expert or just someone looking to learn more, this incredible book is sure to help!

British Firearms Handbook
Book Description

The “British Firearms Handbook” is an all-in-one resource for gun lovers and historians. When it comes to British small arms, this book has you covered. Accompanied by hundreds of illustrations and drawings, you’ll learn a great deal about British weaponry, including rifles, light machine guns, pistols, and revolvers.

Go in-depth with some of the best British weapons known to man, including the Webley series of pistols and revolvers, as well as the infamous Sten submachine gun. Learn how to operate, maintain, and modify some of the greatest firearms on earth.

Edit #2: Another one.
Gun Safety Guide
Book Description
Publication Date: February 14, 2013

Each year we hear about accidents with firearms. They happen because many gun owners don't know simple gun safety rules. This ebook describes how to store, transport, carry and use firearms safely.

Its main purpose is to educate new and existing gun owners and to make gun community a little safer.
View Quote

looking at the reviews, it looks like a couple of the same people reviewed each book, within just a couple days of release, hmm. oh well, they're free, i'll check it out anyway.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 3:21:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

looking at the reviews, it looks like a couple of the same people reviewed each book, within just a couple days of release, hmm. oh well, they're free, i'll check it out anyway.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<snip>

Yes, which is what I pointed out at the top of my post. I pulled down a few of those books and took a quick looked at them, some are missing table of contents for what ever reason. <shrugs - free is free>.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Downloaded a couple of those, Don't know when I'll get around to them though!
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 10:12:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 10:04:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for the new stuff, Bob. BTW - The gun books are still free.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 12:37:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yes, which is what I pointed out at the top of my post. I pulled down a few of those books and took a quick looked at them, some are missing table of contents for what ever reason. <shrugs - free is free>.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<snip>

yeah, sorry i just looked at the titles in your post. Thanks for this though
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Thanks for the new stuff, Bob. BTW - The gun books are still free.
View Quote

I grabbed them despite the fake reviews. Fake reviews are very common on Amazon. It is a little annoying but it generally does not mean as much as one might think. It is very hard to get reviews, but they are very important to the author's marketing of their books.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Free books today that I was interested in:

Haven't read this one.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Girl-Box-Series-Books-ebook/dp/B00IJYII4E/ref=zg_bs_digital-text_f_44

I like this author's stuff. This series is one I like to re-read. Caution: naughty language, adult situations.
http://www.amazon.com/Freehold-Series-Michael-Z-Williamson-ebook/dp/B00BEQLTZY/ref=zg_bs_158591011_f_62

Read this one. Suspension of disbelief required. It's probably been listed for free, in the past.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Last-Roman-Praetorian-Series-ebook/dp/B00AGDONCC/ref=zg_bs_158591011_f_99
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 7:23:11 AM EDT
[#25]
job interviewers
been a tough few days for free books.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 10:57:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I like this author's stuff. This series is one I like to re-read. Caution: naughty language, adult situations.
http://www.amazon.com/Freehold-Series-Michael-Z-Williamson-ebook/dp/B00BEQLTZY/ref=zg_bs_158591011_f_62
View Quote

I gave this one 4 stars good military SF - absurd politics - juvenile male sex fantasy
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:41:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 7:40:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 2:51:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Hell Week

Zombies, haven't read it yet.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 8:13:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 9:05:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Only has five reviews so take it for what its worth.

The 2014 Guide To Free PC Software

Book Description
Publication Date: January 8, 2014

Over 150 tried and tested superb free software titles compiled in an easy to view Kindle guide.

Save hours and even days searching the Internet for the “Best of the best” in free software – It’s all here in this latest guide.

Active links within the book take you direct to the website where each of the programs can be found.

See what great free software programs people are actually selling on eBay and making heaps of money!

Save 100’s of dollars by using free quality programs instead of their expensive commercial counterparts.

Want a free copy of Windows 8 for Dummies? Also did you know some banks are now giving free commercial software to their on-line customers? All is revealed in the book

Also includes helpful advice on what to download and what not to download.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:15:26 AM EDT
[#35]
medical thriller

been a slow couple of months for free books
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:50:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Here's a free espionage thriller recommended to me based in the Endorphin thriller...

Tracks
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 8:22:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
medical thriller

been a slow couple of months for free books
View Quote

That's OK, thanks to you my Kindle is low on memory. I have more books than I can read in 2014.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 6:31:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 10:16:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#41]
The Walking Dead #1

Note: Make sure to click on "Available only on these devices" to see if your device is supported by this free ebook.

Book Description
Publication Date: October 1, 2003

Rick Grimes, Sheriff of a small town in Kentucky awakes in a hospital. Comatose after being shot while on duty, Rick finds the world abandoned of all things living and is faced with walking undead, who attack him on sight. He returns home to find his family, son Carl and wife Lori, gone. He meets his new neighbor, who points him towards Atlanta. After retrieving supplies from the abandoned Police Station, Rick sets off to Atlanta to search for his family.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 8:10:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 8:29:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 9:15:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Apocalypse (The Wasteland Chronicles, #1)

Book Description
Publication Date: December 5, 2012

Alex Keener has lived all of his sixteen years underground in U.S. Bunker 108. When he goes on his first recon into the Wasteland, he will find out exactly why.

Outside, Alex discovers a harsh landscape twisted by the impact of the meteor Ragnarok in 2030. Besides Raiders, dust storms, and cold, a new threat is evolving  -- the xenovirus, which twists men and animals into deadly monsters.

When the xenovirus invades Bunker 108, Alex must fight for survival. Joined by a beautiful ex-Raider and an idealistic scientist, Alex discovers that he and his friends might be the only ones standing between the world and a second apocalypse.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 7:23:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:22:44 AM EDT
[#47]
The Second Revolution

Book Description
Publication Date: February 4, 2014

What if a Rogue President took Control of America?

Jake McKinley moved to Pittsburgh after his divorce. After being attacked in his home, he buys a handgun for protection. Meanwhile, things are going crazy in Washington DC. The president dies and is replaced by his vice president. Opponents of the new president are assassinated. Liberty is threatened. The situation escalates until Americans must decide whether to fight for freedom, or forfeit it. Jake decides to fight, along with millions of others, in The Second Revolution.

31 Days to A Prepared Life: How To Plan And Protect Your Family And Friends During Any Disaster

Book Description
Publication Date: March 31, 2014

The idea of prepping and equipping yourself with the knowledge to survive a disaster has grown in popularity over the past few years. Volatile natural disasters, terrorism, and escalating violence have caused many people to reevaluate how prepared they are in the event of a disaster. Unfortunately, surviving and preparing yourself to survive a disaster is no easy task. It can take years of practice and preparation to fully prepare yourself to survive any disaster. We look to change this trend with this book and give you enough knowledge to put together a basic survival plan. We have broken down the process of preparing and acquiring survival equipment and knowledge into easily accessible increments. Each day you will be presented with a different idea, tip, or activity to perform or think about. Our goal is to help you become more prepared for disasters of all shapes and kinds once completing this book.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 6:22:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Wanted: Dead or Undead (Zombie West)

Book Description
Publication Date: March 18, 2012

WINNER: Kindle Book Review Best Indie Book of 2012 - Young Adult
WINNER: League of Utah Writers Golden Quill Award 2012
FINALIST: The 2012 USA Best Book Awards (sponsored by USA Book News) - Young Adult
SECOND PLACE: The 2012 Sharp Writ Book Awards - Young Adult

Evolved Publishing presents the award-winning Wanted: Dead or Undead
(Book 1 of The Zombie West Series) by Angela Scott. (Young Adult, Zombie
Western Romance)

Trace Monroe doesn't believe in luck. He never has. But when a fiery-headed cowgirl saunters through the saloon doors, wielding shotguns and a know-how for killing the living dead, he believes he just may be the luckiest man alive.

Trace wants to join Red's posse, but she prefers to work alone--less messy that way. In order to become her traveling companion, Trace has to agree to her terms: no names, no questions, and if he gets bit, he can't beg for mercy when she severs his brain stem.

He agrees, knowing only that Red is the sharpest shooter he's ever encountered. The fact she's stunning hasn't escaped his attention either.

What he doesn't know, is that Red has a very good reason to be on top of her game. She not only has the answer for how they can all outlive the plague taking over the wild, wild west, she IS the answer.

This eBook is DRM-free.

THE ZOMBIE WEST Omnibus Edition (containing ALL three books, two short stories, and bonus material) now available here: tinyurl.com/lmvtq2h

Someone's Daughter: In Search of Justice for Jane Doe

Book Description
Publication Date: October 16, 2009

In 1954, two college students were hiking along a creek outside of Boulder, Colorado, when they stumbled upon the body of a murdered young woman. Who was this woman? What had happened to her? The initial investigation turned up nothing, and the girl was buried in a local cemetery with a gravestone that read, "Jane Doe, April 1954, Age About 20 Years."

Decades later, historian Silvia Pettem formed a partnership with law enforcement and forensic experts and set in motion the events that led to Jane Doe's exhumation and eventual identification, as well as the identity of her probable killer. The new Kindle version includes an Epilogue––with updated information on how the mystery finally was solved.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 1:35:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 10:43:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 38
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top