Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been around longer than me acount says and I remember ETH very well. Never been to any of his shoots, but I wish I would have met him. I also remember his advice being very helpful as well as him being very well respected. He gained my respect as well. RIP E_T_H.
Link Posted: 8/4/2010 12:09:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:
Originally Posted By the_ak_kid:
but the funniest thing, was when someone ran over his icechest accidentally, and Sunday morning as we were getting ready to leave,  Wayne, backed his Jeep up to the ice chest that belonged to whoever ran over his.  And then without haste backed over it, then put the Jeep back in drive, and drove over it again.

He got out and said, in that voice of his, that you can never forget,  "I didn't see anything, hell, it coulda been a small child holdin' an ice chest, and I still woulda run over it!"

To this day, my brother (bighat) and I laugh about that.

It was his ice chest, Wayne was nowhere vindictive enough to do that.  He woke up terribly hung over and needed coffee... Badly.  He said when he backed up he felt something but really needed coffee, he said when he returned, "OH my God, I had no idea what it was, when I saw it felt terrible, I thought to myself it could have been a small child... Hell it could have been a small child carrying a cooler, it could have been a small child carrying cooler with Scooter in it .....but... I needed coffee!

http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=1932

http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=1931

The "Bomb" now hangs in my bar.

http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=12088

http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=12086

http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=12084

http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=12083

Pretty sure that was my cooler, btw.

Wonder how you managed to get that bomb?

LOL, I still walk past the 'Toranado' costume every day, and Wayne's dreamcatcher from the cabin hangs on a post of my bed.  ETH gave me a pair of his camo pants that I still wear when I go hunting.  Strange how many items of his that still float around my house.

Even the three Gunstock blenders that we needed for Windexes are still brought out from time to time.

Still deeply miss the guy.

Arfcom in Texas has never been the same since he passed.

TRG
Link Posted: 8/4/2010 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/4/2010 12:30:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Originally Posted By TheRedGoat:

TRG

That's the truth.

I have a business card holder on my desk with Wayne's card on top, right under my monitor. I see it several times a day...

You mentioned that earlier in the thread, btw.

I have the original permission letter from the very first Hun Farm trip. Mojo, Legs, and 1-2 others were there.  Wayne wanted to go to town and we asked him for something in writing in case anyone asked us why we were there.  

That card has not left my pocket since 2001.

"These gentlemen have my express permission to be on the Teague Farm. owner Wayne Cobb."

TRG
Link Posted: 8/4/2010 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By Zhukov:

TRG

That's the truth.

I have a business card holder on my desk with Wayne's card on top, right under my monitor. I see it several times a day...

You mentioned that earlier in the thread, btw.

I have the original permission letter from the very first Hun Farm trip. Mojo, Legs, and 1-2 others were there. Wayne wanted to go to town and we asked him for something in writing in case anyone asked us why we were there.

That card has not left my pocket since 2001.

"These gentlemen have my express permission to be on the Teague Farm. owner Wayne Cobb."

TRG

I remember seeing pics of the shoots posted here. I had a different account years back before I started this one. Makes me wish I coulda been there.

Link Posted: 8/7/2010 6:29:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#7]
DVD...

Your pics could be a memorial to a Golden Age of this website.  Lots of faces there.

TRG
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 2:13:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 10:17:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 10:51:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Wayne touched and inspired everyone that met him.   I enjoyed the time that he allowed myself to visit his oasis in West Texas.
I will miss my time with him and all the great men and women that gathered around him.  

God bless Wayne.  

The DFW crew lost a great man.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#12]
ETH...his wit & wisdom... a legacy from the  Golden Age of ARFCOM ...
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#13]
godspeed Wayne
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:00:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Every Oct 2nd................think and drink with ETH

1 part Jose Cuervo Tequila
3 parts Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix
Add Blue Curacao until it looks like Windex
A generous wedge of fresh squeezed lime
(a little red dirt thrown in for texture don't hurt nuthin)

Keep the thread ALIVE
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By redpine:
ETH...his wit & wisdom... a legacy from the  Golden Age of ARFCOM ...

Link Posted: 3/20/2011 2:42:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Thought about ETH today......

I made the Spring 2006 shoot with a bunch of guys from Washington........

"he eased him over the side..."
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By bigscrun:
Thought about ETH today......

I made the Spring 2006 shoot with a bunch of guys from Washington........

"he eased him over the side..."

I recall you waking up lost.

TRG
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#18]
I recall you waking up lost.

TRG

Wrong guy.

Link Posted: 3/21/2011 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/24/2011 3:21:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mojo] [#20]
Link Posted: 3/24/2011 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#21]
As i have often said, he is the best friend I never met.
Link Posted: 3/24/2011 4:36:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mojo] [#22]
Link Posted: 3/28/2011 11:27:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By mojo:
Originally Posted By Ky_Bob:

One of the best attributes of ETH was making a person feel at home, even the very first time meeting him.
 Second was his story-telling.  We, DFW crew, had heard his stories for so many times, but we still enjoyed listening again and again and laughed.  The two residents of ETH farm probably spent the most time there and listen to all his stories were TRG and DPeacher.  They probably know all the stories.  
 ETH was the only person that could cause out-of-state members, like Rainbow Coalition Washington Chapter ARFCOMMERS , NY Arfcommers to  fly down, some Georgia, OK, NM arfcommers to drive down or over to his farm,....

ETH lived his life the fullest, his way.
 I'm absolutely sure that ETH is enjoying this thread right now while sipping his Windex Margarita.

...and even in the afterlife, he hears/reads your posts with an accent.

TRG
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By mojo:
Originally Posted By Ky_Bob:

One of the best attributes of ETH was making a person feel at home, even the very first time meeting him.
 Second was his story-telling.  We, DFW crew, had heard his stories for so many times, but we still enjoyed listening again and again and laughed.  The two residents of ETH farm probably spent the most time there and listen to all his stories were TRG and DPeacher.  They probably know all the stories.  
 ETH was the only person that could cause out-of-state members, like Rainbow Coalition Washington Chapter ARFCOMMERS , NY Arfcommers to  fly down, some Georgia, OK, NM arfcommers to drive down or over to his farm,....

ETH lived his life the fullest, his way.
 I'm absolutely sure that ETH is enjoying this thread right now while sipping his Windex Margarita.

...and even in the afterlife, he hears/reads your posts with an accent.

TRG

How true.....very, very true.......
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 2:02:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxLewis] [#25]
Like Keith_J with an engineering issue, Wayne loved to correct some serious misconceptions about the Israelis

He is missed.

TX(dollarBill)L

Link Posted: 4/4/2011 6:39:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mojo] [#26]
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:54:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:16:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By 82ND-ABN:
I miss ETH

It is amazing the random times and situations that the memory of him hits me.  I can hear his soothing voice in my head on a whim.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 9:07:21 AM EDT
[#29]
His 'dream catcher' hangs on my bedpost.

Hard not to think about the good times.

I carry the original Hun Farm permission slip from circa 01-02? in my pocket every day.

TRG
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 9:54:16 PM EDT
[#30]
I carry the original Hun Farm permission slip from circa 01-02? in my pocket every day.

TRG

You said that on page 2 or so.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 10:14:44 PM EDT
[#31]

TRG

You said that on page 2 or so.

I don't dwell on my previous remarks.

I live in the moment.

TRG
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 7:55:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 82ND-ABN:
I miss ETH

It is amazing the random times and situations that the memory of him hits me.  I can hear his soothing voice in my head on a whim.

When I petitioned the Tomball Lodge to become a Mason, they asked why.

The first thing I said was "One of the best men I've ever know was a Mason" and y'all know to whom I was referring.

Damn I miss him too.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Hard to believe it's been 5 years now since you've passed. It seems like just yesterday we met at the BRC, and then just a few years later I was at your Farm shooting with you in memorial to Scooter. I still have the shirt from the 2004 shoot, and it always bring me back to the good times you brought to this community. My words can't convey what you have meant to me, and to so many other people on this board.  I'll leave you with these words   Eric You Will Always Be Remembered The Hun
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:58:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Was thinking about him yesterday.  Hard to believe it's been five, and even harder to look back and remember all the good times that we've all missed since his passing.

TRG
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Eric was a stand up guy,  Ar15 lost a great person with his passing.    He brought people together that would not have otherwise met and made them welcome.
He is still deeply missed by the Texas members as well the rest of ar15.    He allowed people to enter his land and meet and generally have a great time at the Hun Farm gatherings that seemed to get larger with each one.  

His stories by the campfire with a half dozen people sitting around listening while sipping windex margaritas took on a legendary status with all that knew him.  

I know that he left this world knowing that he actually had an impact on other peoples lives in a positive way.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 2:43:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 10:01:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By raskwon:
Eric was a stand up guy,  Ar15 lost a great person with his passing.    He brought people together that would not have otherwise met and made them welcome.
He is still deeply missed by the Texas members as well the rest of ar15.    He allowed people to enter his land and meet and generally have a great time at the Hun Farm gatherings that seemed to get larger with each one.  

His stories by the campfire with a half dozen people sitting around listening while sipping windex margaritas took on a legendary status with all that knew him.  

I know that he left this world knowing that he actually had an impact on other peoples lives in a positive way.

I read that in your 'voice.'

TRG
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 10:09:09 AM EDT
[#38]
5 years already. dang.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#40]
My favorite pic of Wayne.

I have his old Arfcom Zippo in my safe, and take it out once a year around this time.

Miss our early mornings drinking coffee at the farm, bud.

Link Posted: 10/7/2011 10:40:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 10:22:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: COZ_45] [#42]
Hoping that this is not a bummer......................

As spring arises in the Great State of Texas, I cannot help but think that a few years back we were all planning that Cinco de Mayo, or thereabouts, Hun Farm trip.

A more benevolent host, none of us could have hoped or dreamed of...

Thank you Wayne for your influence that has made me a better man and fostered memories that will be so difficult to duplicate in these times of fucktard POTUS.

I miss Wayne's (Eric the Hun) responses and diatribe. A brilliant wordsmith and a no bullshit guy

RIP My brother Wayne.

My son and I still regale friends with stories of the trips to the Hun Farm.....and I did not get stuck.....LOL. But man did I come close?

R.I.P. Wayne Cobb, Master Mason and my brother (Oh by the way. Talking with his brother and thinking through the Texas family tree.....My mother's mother was Willie Ann Teague...the Hun farm was the Teague Farm....he and I are/were probably long distance cousins...how funny is that?)

Cheers all
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Never a bummer, to remember an old friend fondly.

Here's to you Wayne, I'm sure your chewing someone's ear right now.

TXL
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 9:29:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gloftoe] [#44]
Link Posted: 6/15/2012 2:02:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/15/2012 6:17:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#47]
I was just reminded that you went home six years ago to day...  I still have your phone number in my cell phone contacts and the last few IM's you sent me.  "Wish you were here" was on the radio when I went to lunch today.  We miss you, Brother Wayne!  Tell Mom and 'em I said "Hey".  
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 9:42:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:54:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FALARAK] [#49]
Wow.  6 years.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 12:55:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top