Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/3/2008 12:17:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/3/2008 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#2]
my deepest condolences to you and your family....
Link Posted: 10/3/2008 10:42:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you.

She was a Certified Pharmacy Technician IV, and she loved compounding drugs at the hospital.  She was gradually getting a small collection of M+Ps, and her oldest one was made of brass and dated back to the 1800s.
Link Posted: 10/3/2008 11:13:54 PM EDT
[#4]
That is a beautiful memorial.

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I pray that you and your son can be a source of strength and support for one another.
Link Posted: 10/4/2008 2:52:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/4/2008 3:05:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I am sorry to hear about your wife.  It is never easy.  Word are never enough in a time like this.  You and Brad will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Doug
Link Posted: 10/4/2008 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you everyone.

Link Posted: 10/11/2008 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm pretty new to the boards but I did read all the posts.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  She sounds like her real beauty came from knowing and loving Christ.  Really stay close to Him during this time.  I lost my dad a few years ago.  I worked with him every day...he was a great friend and mentor.  I still miss him, but my faith and my own family give me strength every day.  I know she'd want you to be strong and not grow bitter.  You still have so much to give both to your son and others.
Link Posted: 10/12/2008 12:47:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank you T_T; I'm doing my best.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 3:26:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Always remember to keep giving of yourself as best as you can, to your son, family, friends, even the members of these boards.  Life has meaning and purpose when we give of ourselves.  I wish I could tell you that life doesn't involve suffering, and one day it won't, but for now we soldier on.  There are those who quaintly say "you're in my prayers"...I'm not one of those people.  I'm praying right now that the Lord will hold you in His hand and sustain you in every way.  

Keep coming before Him, even though you're crying an ocean of tears.  I speak as one who has lost a lot and suffered a lot.  Be the man who, when he found hidden treasure in a field, sold all he had to buy that field, and own that treasure.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 9:51:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I understand exactly what you're saying, and I do try to live my life that way.
Link Posted: 11/26/2008 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By GoGop:

The last picture taken of her

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/qwertyup/Linda/LindasLastNightAlive063.jpg

Ouch.

So sorry about this, man.

Link Posted: 11/27/2008 9:45:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks Zaphod. I'm finally getting a handle on how to move forward and deal with this, only to find out a couple days ago that it's finally surfacing in my son. He doesn't want to talk with me or anyone else about it, saying that talking about it only makes it worse. (I was like that).  
  At least I came out of it before it surfaced in him, or maybe he just held back until he saw that I was alright. Either way, I've got to figure out how to help him now.
Link Posted: 11/27/2008 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Still wishing you and your son the best GoGop.
Link Posted: 11/27/2008 11:13:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Deej86:
Still wishing you and your son the best GoGop.

+1 ...  anything we can do, let us know.
Link Posted: 11/28/2008 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks guys. I just need to figure out how top get Brad into therpy, and get him on the road to recovery.
Link Posted: 11/30/2008 10:24:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Hang in there bro.  Still praying for you and Brad.  Spend as much time together as you can.  I don't want to sound trite but in the tsunami of misery I've dealt with in my life (I have lost many loved ones but not my wife) the Lord has been there for me and has sustained me.  Always look to Him.
Link Posted: 11/30/2008 11:48:53 AM EDT
[#18]
That's been my first comfort, and it's not trite at all. After God comes all the support I've received, mostly from people I've never even met. Having people to turn to, and having many of them praying for us has helped a lot.
 I feel like I'm through the worst of it, but I still pray for help because I know there'll be days that it slams me again. We'd always told each other that if something happened to one of us the other should move on ASAP, but it took me almost nine months to reach the point that I believe I can do it.

I appreciate the continuing support from everyone.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#19]
I can't believe it's been a year.    RIP, Linda.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#20]
RIP, Linda.

We all miss you.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 11:28:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 67Firebird] [#21]
Thank you.

Linda's mom and I went to her grave today. There's a lot of this past year that I only vaguely remember.

Her mom put a little toy rabbit in a cage there because Linda had a lop eared rabbit she really loved, and I got one of those flower wreaths:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Edit - Trying to add pics back in, since Photobucket did their thing.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 11:50:36 PM EDT
[#22]
wow, i'm very sorry for your loss and you and your family will be in my prayers
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 5:09:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey GoGop, I wanted to send yo uan IM a few weeks ago to see how you were doing.

I exchanges IM's with Linda several times here on ARF. She was such a nice LADY. I never did see pics of her until now, but she was as beautiful as she was kind.

Keep the happy memories alive, and remember that you will be reunited again.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks Hydguy. It always makes me feel good to hear about/from friends that she had. She really was special, and I'm glad you got to know her at least a little bit. It's good to know she's not forgotten.
Link Posted: 11/22/2009 2:55:19 AM EDT
[#25]
I am very sorry for your great loss. I am also thankful to you for sharing the very great love and happiness you enjoyed together with your wonderful wife. It is very inspirational.
Link Posted: 11/22/2009 5:03:34 AM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 3/2/2010 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#27]
it's been two years.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2010 9:18:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for remembering her Donne.
Link Posted: 3/2/2010 9:33:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for remembering her Donne.

How could I forget?
Link Posted: 3/2/2010 10:02:33 PM EDT
[#30]
RIP

Prayers brother.
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 1:34:22 AM EDT
[#31]
 not fair
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 2:36:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks snake eyes.
Link Posted: 6/6/2010 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks snake eyes.

Where in MO are you at?  I ought to buy you a beer or three.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2010 1:10:13 AM EDT
[#34]
On I-44, about 15 miles West of Six Flags. If you're around St. Louis, I'd be glad to meet somewhere. (For Coke though).
Link Posted: 6/7/2010 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#35]
On I-44, about 15 miles West of Six Flags. If you're around St. Louis, I'd be glad to meet somewhere. (For Coke though).

Right on the other side of the river from you, Collinsville.  Got a buddy of mine who just signed up for an acct here, his parents live out near Salem.  Maybe next time we go to head out that way (probably July timeframe) we'll try to coordinate a stop-by and perhaps some lunch.   Chances are, I'll be bringing my new OBR to shoot down in the country, so I'm sure you take a gander if you wanted, though I'm not too sure how well received a few gun nuts would be oogling a high powered rifle in the back of a truck sitting in a public parking lot would be.  lol
Link Posted: 6/7/2010 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm only a mile off the highway; we could shoot it here.

I read this whole thread again last night, which I rarely do, and made it through OK. I still appreciate all the support I've gotten here.
Link Posted: 6/8/2010 10:58:24 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm only a mile off the highway; we could shoot it here.

I read this whole thread again last night, which I rarely do, and made it through OK. I still appreciate all the support I've gotten here.

Yeah, it's always nice to know that people give a shit when things suck ass.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:27:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Just checking in and seeing if you're OK.  Your wife was a great and classy lady and was a lot of fun and super cool in the threads I saw her in. she's a lot like my wife and you lived my nightmare.  I hope you're going good gogop.

-matt
crashburnrepeat
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:31:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Hope you and Brad are doing well.  I always enjoyed Linda's posts here and the 'other' place.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:59:26 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm doing OK. There's still situations that get to me, and I don't think I'll ever be naturally happy the way I had been all my life, but I'm still chugging along alright. I'm just not as passionate about anything anymore.

I appreciate you asking me; that's pretty cool, and it always helps me feel less alone. Thank you.

(That's part of the difference; I never felt alone before).
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:49:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Prayed for you a while ago...good to see you're hanging in there.  Stay strong for your boy...God is good.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#42]
GoGop,

No words can fill the void, but you have my deepest sympathies.  One piece of advice that my grandfather told me a while after my grandmother passed was that " you never get over it, you just get used to it."  He passed away about 3 weeks ago and he never got over my grandmother's death in 1991, he just got used to it.  It may be hard to feel at times, but I am sure she is still holding your hand.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 11:36:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Thank you both.

I'm doing the best I can with Brad, who is 15 now. He's handled it pretty well, as long as nobody makes him talk about it. There are still some things around the house that he doesn't want moved, because then it will be reminder to him, that are still sitting where Linda put them. (Tapes in the entertainment center, etc.). They're constant reminders to me, so I've told him they aren't staying there forever.

It's true that you don't really get over it, and the widows at my church told me it would be that way. One of them has been a widow for over twenty years, and certain days are still reminders and make her feel bad. My mom is like that too, since my dad died in 1992.

I don't dwell on it like I used to, but I'm sure it'll always be there to varying degrees. (I don't come into this forum much, for example, though I think all the time that I should be in here offering support as others have done for me).
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#44]
three years.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 11:19:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks Donne3. [hug]

I talked with her mom for a bit after I got back from the cemetery (and saw the flowers she'd put there), and she said that she was trying to stay busy to keep her mind off it as much as possible.

Not as rough as last year, but still .  Brad still tries not to talk about it at all.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 11:25:49 PM EDT
[#46]
I can't imagine that it would get any easier...  I know folks say that time helps heal, but I just can't imagine.

please let Brad know that we still miss her, too...  she is not forgotten.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 11:46:49 PM EDT
[#47]
It gets easier, but not easy. There are things I said and did in the first few months that I don't even remember, where now it's just the sinking/empty feeling that's most prevalent on her birthday, today, and our anniversary.

I'll let Brad know, the next time we talk about it. He still just refers to it as "what happened", and gets really bothered if made to talk about it. I appreciate your concern, and will let him know about it when I can.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 11:50:59 PM EDT
[#48]
thanks.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 12:07:25 AM EDT
[#49]
First time I've seen this very moving Memorial to your wife Linda.

She is beautiful and Brad looks so much like her.

Thank you GoGop for sharing your lives with us.

May the Lord grant and bless your Family with His peace.
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 1:33:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 67Firebird] [#50]
Thanks minime; she was awesome!

If you want to see how much Brad has grown, there's here's a pic of him in from my Monster Jam thread from last month;
Attachment Attached File

He'll be 16 in May.

Edit - Trying to add pics back in, since Photobucket did their thing.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top