Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/18/2008 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/18/2008 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh man this sure puts things into perspective. Me and my wife have kinda been arguing about money over the last few days she is in between jobs and with 4 kids in the house things are beyond tight. We are both very careful in the way we talk to one another as to not say things that if tomorrow never came we wouldnt spend the rest of are life regreting. But just reading this goes to show that life can be over in a minute. I am so so so so very sorry for your loss it took the air right out of my lungs and realy made me think what you are going through and I dont think I would have the strength or the courage. At the end of the day my wife IS my best friend and without her I cant see anything at all. I dont mean this to be further deppressing but it realy opened my eyes. I WILL pray for you and your son and I so hope that God blesses you and eases the pain both of you are feeling.
Link Posted: 3/18/2008 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#3]
height=8
Originally Posted By GoGop:
We met in 1990 when I took a new job, and when I first saw her I was like Jim Carrey in The Mask with his heart beating a foot outside his chest. I never lost that feeling. had
Though Linda had many health problems, she'd never had any trouble with her heart. We're both disabled, but since I got Disability Retirement from the company we used to work for we could still go to their annual awards dinner. This year it was on March 1, and we had a great meal, watched the awards ceremony and then Linda had an awesome time dancing with some of our old friends.
 When we were heading home she said her chest was hurting, and by the time she was ready for bed she said the pain had moved into her head and left arm. We went to the hospital where they gave her some pain medicine and did some tests. They were about to let her go home when she said the pain was coming back a little. They said they'd have to keep her for more tests the next day, so Brad and I went home since it was already four or five in the morning. (I can't remember now).
 The next morning around 11:30am she called and said they were going to send her to the main St. John's hospital, but first they were going to do an ultra-sound by going down her esophogus and looking at the back of her heart. While we were talking she said the doctor just came in to get her for the test so she had to go, and we both said our normal Love-You-Bye like we always did.
  About noon a nurse called and simply said "You need to come up here." I got Brad and started heading there as quickly as I could, and I called her mom to let her know she should head that way too. I got there first, and the doctor said that while doing the ultra-sound her Aorta burst, instantly stopping her heart. He'd worked on her for a half hour, but couldn't restart her heart and couldn't fix her Aorta. When that nurse had called me Linda was already dead. her  

My Linda  1/14/64 - 3/2/08

I'll edit make a post with some pics in a bit. his...
Link Posted: 3/18/2008 9:30:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 67Firebird] [#4]
Thank you everyone. Brad and I are doing our best to help each other through all of this, and it's difficult to describe how I don't think I'm especially strong or anything but just have to go on with life and get things done. So much has changed, but Brad still has to get on the bus at the same time, and I have lots of things I have to do each day. Some of it will slow down after all the legal stuff is done, but I still feel like an empty shell.

Thank you all for your support.

Edit - Typo
Link Posted: 3/18/2008 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#5]
my deepest condolances on your loss...

It sounds like you have some wonderful memories,
The pictures you posted she seemed like a great woman...
and very pretty..
It will take time, and you will go threw different emotions..
that is normal. I lost my son when he was an infant..
Totally different situtions, but the same hurt.
Your family is there for you, and you need to keep strong
for your son. My Heart is there for you..
again, I am very sorry.. The good Lord is there holding your
hand helping you..
Link Posted: 3/18/2008 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#6]
You have suffered a loss which is beyond words, and so I hope that my words will not sound cheap or offensive.

Your loved one is gone on now, to another plane of existence.  Someday, you will be reunited with her there, as in time we will all cross over.

For the remainder of your time here, know that your loved one wanted you to be happy, and let that thought help you through your grief.

God Bless.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm sorry for your loss GoGop.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/20/2008 2:27:39 AM EDT
[#9]
My deepest condolences to you and your son.  The pictures you posted showed how much she meant to you and your family.

Link Posted: 3/20/2008 9:44:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Linda's mom made a comment a few days ago that she's got no recent pictures of Linda, which I'd never given any thought to. Since we've been together most of our pics have been digital, and exist only on the hard drive and a couple disks. (..and Photobucket, but she has no internet).
 Brad had put together a several pictures on a CD-RW to run as a slide show at the funeral home, which is what prompted the comment. I gave her the disk, but her old DVD player wouldn't play JPGs. She bought a new one that does, so Brad and I went over to hook it up. Once there, we found that it couldn't be hooked directly to her TV, so we had to wait and get one of those RF boxes that goes in between. In the meantime, I also put together another disk with more pics, plus two VHS tapes with video I've taken of Linda and Brad. Brad and I had it hooked up and were sitting there waiting to show her when she got home from work. You should have seen how happy she was when I started the new disk going with pics she'd never seen.  Now she can watch her baby whenever she wants to.
   She also asked for a few clothing items that Linda had since before we got together, so I took those over as well. I hope these things all help ease her pain. Linda was an only child, and her dad has had several strokes and still thinks Linda is coming over any day now. Grandma is having to face this alone when she's not with Brad and me.

Link Posted: 3/20/2008 11:14:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Once again... I am so sorry for your loss.  Stay strong for your son... he is going to need you now.
Link Posted: 3/20/2008 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#12]
 So sorry GoGop.  FWIW, we're all thinking of you and your family & the collective ARFCOM wheels are turning.
Link Posted: 3/20/2008 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Prayers sent for you and your family.
Link Posted: 3/20/2008 4:36:51 PM EDT
[#14]

I'm sorry for your loss, but you will see her again on the other side.
Link Posted: 3/20/2008 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I spoke to Linda on occasion here and on Loki's board when I was still active over there. I even have something funny she said as my sigline over there.
I liked her. She was good people.
Link Posted: 3/20/2008 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm truly sorry for the loss of your wife....My deepest sympathies and condolences....

-DLaw
Link Posted: 3/20/2008 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Dear Lord, I'm so very sorry.
Link Posted: 3/20/2008 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I cannot imagine your grief and loss.  I have tears in my eyes as I type.

You are in my prayers.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2008 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/23/2008 5:36:24 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm very sorry for your loss.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2008 11:25:18 AM EDT
[#21]
God Bless you and Bradley.

I can barley imagine. My Deb was born 1960....only four years diff. to Linda.

Wally

Link Posted: 3/30/2008 8:02:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm sorry, man.

This thread brought tears to my eyes, yet I can't help but smile a bit, thinking about the companionship you two had.
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#24]

so sorry for your loss..... prayers from my family to yours.

Pilk
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 6:48:01 AM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By Backstop:
I'm sorry, man.

This thread brought tears to my eyes, yet I can't help but smile a bit, thinking about the companionship you two had .

I agree, but that also brings the tears knowing that those days are over. I feel like I'm getting more withdrawn every day. It's hard to even carry on a conversation, because I just go blank.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 6:55:52 AM EDT
[#26]
My sympathy for your loss.....  
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 7:00:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By Backstop:
I'm sorry, man.

This thread brought tears to my eyes, yet I can't help but smile a bit, thinking about the companionship you two had .

I agree, but that also brings the tears knowing that those days are over. I feel like I'm getting more withdrawn every day. It's hard to even carry on a conversation, because I just go blank.

I'm almost at a loss for encouraging words -I've had some tough times, but I just can't imagine what you're going through.

Talk to God - He will listen and help, that I know for certain.

But I can tell you that me, and all of ARFCOM are here for you.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 1:39:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 3:35:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 67Firebird] [#29]
Originally Posted By MrsGloftoe:Originally Posted By GoGop:I agree, but that also brings the tears knowing that those days are over. I feel like I'm getting more withdrawn every day. It's hard to even carry on a conversation, because I just go blank. This, too, shall pass, sweetie.  Don't despair.  In time you will be able to look back at your days with her and smile more than you cry.  You just need some sort of vehicle to help carry you over the bumps in the road between now and the future.  Try to find something that occupies your time; it's okay to think, but dwelling can be dangerous.  It's okay to cry, but that shouldn't be all you're doing.  Hopefully you've got something to help keep your mind busy; if not, I urge you to do so.  And always know that we're here for support when you need it.Thank you everyone.
Here's what keeps me going right now:
Attachment Attached File

(He collects wheel covers, and a friend mailed him one off a Studebaker). If it weren't for him I doubt I'd get out of bed other than for food and hygiene, even though I still have things I have to handle every day.

Edit - Trying to add pics back in, since Photobucket did their thing.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 4:01:00 PM EDT
[#30]
I am very sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#31]
GoGop my sincerest condolences. Remember the good times...

BTW your wedding pic looks a LOT like mine... I was married in 93 and the bridesmaids' fashions are about the same. Very similar colors too.
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 9:14:29 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm very sorry for your loss.  May you take comfort in the memories of the two of you together.
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 1:50:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By kallnojoy:
Looks like a lot of good times and fond memories behind those pictures!

So very sorry for your loss.

I can't say it any better. I'm sure you will get through it, but there will be very hard times. If you don't mind, I'll say "May God Bless You and Your Son".

I am in tears after seeing those pictures.
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 3:51:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Thank you, to all of you. It's still very difficult, but the last couple of days I've done a bit better. I never could have imagined this....
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, My Dearest Condolences to you and your Family
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:23:38 AM EDT
[#36]
I am sorry for your loss. I feel the same way about my wife. She is my soul mate, I miss her when she walks in the next room. I am sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#37]

Originally Posted By BodyPiercingByGlock:
I am sorry for your loss. I feel the same way about my wife. She is my soul mate, I miss her when she walks in the next room. I am sorry for your loss.

I still feel like any second she'll walk around the corner start watching Rachael Ray, doing her Bible study, going out to feed her birds etc. I guess it'll take quite some time for that to go away. Wednesday of next week (4-16-08) would have been 14th anniversary.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 3:24:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Verry sorry for your loss
Link Posted: 4/27/2008 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Far too young to go...my sincerest condolences.

RIP Linda.
Link Posted: 5/2/2008 7:10:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 67Firebird] [#40]
At Six Flags;
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The Martini Butt itself;
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/15/2008 1:49:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 2:03:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 67Firebird] [#42]
Bourbon69 and his wife take a picture and somehow cut it out of wood and then frame it.

Here's the pic I sent them;
Attachment Attached File

Here's the result;
Attachment Attached File

Here it is on the wall;
Attachment Attached File

Very nice tribute.

Link Posted: 7/1/2008 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#43]

My Linda  1/14/64 - 3/2/08

Sorry about your loss.  

John
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 4:07:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Thanks Templar.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 4:52:50 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm in my late 20s and the more I learn/think about life, the more it seems like relationships are the only real purpose in life.  I feel for your loss and pray for the best.

Let us know if there is anything we can do.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 5:27:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Ooohhh mannnnn.

I'll pray for ya,buddy.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Thank you both.

grooVe,
   Many fine people on here already helped me, both financially while I was waiting for the insurance money and through their thoughts and prayers. I still get IMs checking to see if I'm OK, and the support like you just offered helps.
 Now it's just a matter of learning to live with the loss. I did better for a bit, but I honestly don't even feel like getting out of bed anymore. Losing her took a lot of the life out of me.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 5:40:41 PM EDT
[#48]
We got some good news on my son today.

Since Linda's first cousin also had an Aortic Dissection (but they were able to save him), the docs wanted Brad checked due to it being genetic. Today they checked Brad's heart, and the doc everything looks fine. He doesn't have to get checked again for two years, so it seems they're pretty sure he's clear of this connective tissue disorder.
Link Posted: 10/3/2008 5:15:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 67Firebird] [#49]
The cemetery where Linda is doesn't allow the headstone to be placed for four months, so the ground has time to settle. Brad and I ordered it after one month, and when we went to look at it (at the shop) it was the wrong type of stone and one part was carved wrong. The guy had to order another stone and start over.
 We got a letter in the mail Wednesday saying that the stone was in place, so today (Thursday) Brad and I went to see it. It's difficult going there, but I'm glad that the grave is finally marked.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The picture we used;
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/3/2008 5:15:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 67Firebird] [#50]
Double tap
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top