BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 1:31:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bigmiker21:
Very unexpected... He was a true friend of mine. And talked to him almost everyday. I had talked to him that day. We made plans and talked about building him an AR before shit hit the fan. About a year ago he had a health scare but had said it cleared up and seemed to be well. Some shit had to come up because I saw no signs of anything close to this. His wife has no idea why or how, no signs no note. As of today there are no services planned. Don't think the money is there for his wife to do anything. I will be putting a get together/memorial together and will post here with details for the local central ohio guys.
I will miss you Steve. I hope you have found the peace you were looking for.
View Quote

I'm sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 1:32:36 AM EDT
[#2]
RIP to a fallen brother.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 1:33:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Most people in life, in reality, want very few things.

While we may think we want fame, fortune, and movie star wives...the turth is we all seek the same thing...........

To be loved. To be validated. To be made to believe that we matter to someone.

Suicide is sad on so many levels.......spiritual, eternal, mental, emotional, but also....the fact that the person didn't feel....didn't know...that they mattered to someone.

I feel so blessed sometimes to have a "simple life". Sure, I catch myself sometimes "wanting more".  Then I realize, I have what I need.  What I need is what I have.

Aside from the 'bots' (that are surely on this site), the trolls (FU DU), it's nice to know that we have a small community here that cares about one another....even the "assholes" that rub us the wrong way.

While I certainly miss the "old days" of Arfcom where it was a much smaller and tighter group of people, it's still a pretty good group of folks.

Condolences to the family and friends of 583
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 1:34:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 1:36:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Very sad to hear this. I always enjoyed his posts, he could be hilarious.

RIP 583

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 1:45:02 AM EDT
[#6]
RIP 583.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 7:45:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By AJE:

I had no idea he talked to so many of you guys.
View Quote
He was an interesting guy. Social, but private. He'd tell you all sorts of stuff then tell you not to tell anyone else. I'm pretty sure he did that with everyone.

I was shooting with him once at Deer Creek and a dude next to us had a ND right next to me and his reaction was priceless. Always had stories.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 8:06:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AJE] [#8]
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Yep, I think he did that at least once every time I talked to him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By TeeRex:

He was an interesting guy. Social, but private. He'd tell you all sorts of stuff then tell you not to tell anyone else. I'm pretty sure he did that with everyone.

I was shooting with him once at Deer Creek and a dude next to us had a ND right next to me and his reaction was priceless. Always had stories.

That's funny you say that. He did the same thing and of course I am good at keeping secrets
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:16:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By armoredsaint:
That's funny you say that. He did the same thing and of course I am good at keeping secrets
View All Quotes

Yep!!! He would call me and we would talk for about an hour. Great guy.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Steve was an interesting guy. He's one of the first handful of arfcommers I met right after moving to OH. I gave him my phone number and got a few drunk calls over the last few years. Last time I saw him was maybe 6 months ago and bought a gun from him. He seemed to be doing better (than he was before). He was really upbeat and seemed really happy. He was a really funny guy and would do anything for anyone. I was shocked to hear of his passing.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 11:57:59 PM EDT
[#14]
For the Ohio guys.. will be planning a little get together here in Columbus to get together and share our memories and just hang out maybe meet new friends. Used to do these get together years ago and that is how i met 583. There will be details posted on the Ohio arfcommer site..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/284665788224040/  

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 9:27:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Steve used to hang out in my shop often while it was open. I did a lot of trading with him over the years, but I had t really seen him much or talked to him since sandy hook. I bought an AR from him and not long after he got the job at vances.

Very sad to hear this, he was a good guy. Every time he called the shop I knew it was going to be a while lol.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 11:23:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Damn....  I had some good conversations with him.  

My thoughts and prayers to his family.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 11:26:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By RANGER_556:
Most people in life, in reality, want very few things.

While we may think we want fame, fortune, and movie star wives...the turth is we all seek the same thing...........

To be loved. To be validated. To be made to believe that we matter to someone.

Suicide is sad on so many levels.......spiritual, eternal, mental, emotional, but also....the fact that the person didn't feel....didn't know...that they mattered to someone.

I feel so blessed sometimes to have a "simple life". Sure, I catch myself sometimes "wanting more".  Then I realize, I have what I need.  What I need is what I have.

Aside from the 'bots' (that are surely on this site), the trolls (FU DU), it's nice to know that we have a small community here that cares about one another....even the "assholes" that rub us the wrong way.

While I certainly miss the "old days" of Arfcom where it was a much smaller and tighter group of people, it's still a pretty good group of folks.

Condolences to the family and friends of 583
View Quote

Excellent post man.  Excellent post...
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Does anybody have a picture of him? I'm starting to wonder if I met him at one of our gatherings, and didn't remember his name.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 6:19:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By Subnet:

Does anybody have a picture of him? I'm starting to wonder if I met him at one of our gatherings, and didn't remember his name.
View Quote
how drunk were you?

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 6:36:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 7:11:36 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ZW17:
how drunk were you?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40YYdBL5ILA

That was Fiver, passed out.

I vaguely remember doing this.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 7:43:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZW17] [#23]
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 7:54:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AJE] [#24]
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#25]

It was you and I until the end.

That was the drunken pizza ordering night and week old whiskey.

Fun times, fun times...

View All Quotes

how drunk were you?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40YYdBL5ILA

That was Fiver, passed out.

I vaguely remember doing this.

It was you and I until the end.

That was the drunken pizza ordering night and week old whiskey.

Fun times, fun times...

looks like you edited out the naked time together?
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 9:33:31 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
He posted in a men of arfcom thread once. We convinced him to while he was drunk.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#28]

RIP 583
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 6:09:15 AM EDT
[#29]
rip my friend

you are missed
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

That was funny.

I'm still  pissed at him for checking out.

RIP, Friend.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 3:28:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Damnn it. I just seen a link to this thread tonight. Me and 583 talked muskie fishing a few times but I never had the privilege of meeting him in real life
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Was thinking about Steve tonight. I was At cigar store. I would sometimes send him Portofinos.

RIP buddy
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:11:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Cleaning out my inbox and found a bunch of messages from him about some old woolrich he wanted to give me.  

RIP
Hope you found some peace
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 7:16:44 AM EDT
[#36]

from what i understand, he committed suicide - i know he leaves behind a wife and children

View Quote

Fuck

RIP Buddy
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top