Rest in peace Grin. (Page 12 of 12)
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 12:51:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Andrew came home for the last time today.  I picked up his cremains and his death certificates from the funeral home.  The finality has hit me very hard.  Please pray for strength for us.

Im in TC for a while if anyone wants to come chat.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 2:18:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 3:02:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Prayers for you and your family.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 3:05:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By carla:
Andrew came home for the last time today.  I picked up his cremains and his death certificates from the funeral home.  The finality has hit me very hard.  Please pray for strength for us.

View Quote

Sorry, still hard for me to grasp.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 7:17:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 11:54:15 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Golly.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 8:25:26 AM EDT
[#8]
sMILEY, i WANTED TO MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THIS:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_32/590622_GRIN_MEMORIAL_Sat__12_5_15___Wellsville__Missouri.html&page=1&anc=6524991#i6524991
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 9:03:10 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
Made it hot for you.

I miss my grammar nazi buddy.

Link Posted: 11/6/2015 10:46:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow.  I just saw this thread yesterday.  I'm sorry for your loss.  .

This (below) was when I first noticed Grin on here and it was a pretty good first impression.  

I always waited for the opportunity to ask him that in threads.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:28:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By GSL:
Made it hot for you.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GSL:
Made it hot for you.

We survived our first holiday without Grin, and it was so hard.  I fell apart at work on Wednesday when they had a luncheon (that I did not have the heart to go in to eat).  Instead, I at emy ham sammich in my van, and remembered my baby.  I am thankful God let me have him 25 years.  His birthday is coming up on December 1, and the memorial shoot on December 5 to spread his ashes.  We decided not tp dp Christmas this year, except for the puppies....we got them huge bones.

Thank you all for the wonderful words here, they really helped to cheer me up today.

Carla
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:41:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By masfonos:
Wow.  I just saw this thread yesterday.  I'm sorry for your loss.  .

This (below) was when I first noticed Grin on here and it was a pretty good first impression.  
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r113/masfonos999/WEB/image_zpsvissowgc.jpeg
I always waited for the opportunity to ask him that in threads.
View Quote

That was when I first noticed him too. That laconic and snarky reply made me laugh really hard. The rest of that thread was awesome. An epic Tapco-is-junk-and-so-is-Canada throwdown between Grin and targettarget.

I still can't believe he's gone. I can remember seeing him in the chatroom like it was yesterday.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 12:27:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Itracc] [#14]
I am deeply saddened by Andrews passing.
My only Son was murdered at the age of 24.
In 2007.

It matters not the age they left ,they'll always be our Babies

I feverently pray you and your family find lasting peace.

Love,Gary Jones and Family.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:38:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By wganz:

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:28:10 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Want to talk about it?  I've gotten a pretty good grasp on it, even after finding him and then having to clean up the mess afterward.  Grin would want you to move on in a positive fashion, so I can help you if you need.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 1:04:13 AM EDT
[#17]
I just found this thread. I was in the midst of moving when all this happened, and was away from arf for a while. Carla, my deepest sympathies. One day at a time.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 2:55:19 AM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

I was not online much when this happened and didn't know about it until well after the fact.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Toothpicksandkatchup:
We butted heads no doubt, but I as many others are sorry for the loss.

View Quote

He absolutely hated ketchup, so that may have been part of it.  (Just kidding)
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 4:47:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: carla] [#20]
I am sorry this took so long.  

Today, I finally worked up the courage to read through this entire post.  I am so proud that my Andrew made so many people happy and made such a wonderful impression on so many.
In one week, it will be ten months.  Not a single day has gone by that I have not thought of him in some way, and will most likely be this way the rest of my life on earth.  

After work on (October 9, 2015) Friday morning, I arrived at his apartment as Idid every week, to go grocery shopping, breakfast, visit, etc.  I let myself in (of course mom had a key).  Normally, I would make coffee, change clothes (I worked at a light metals plant and always left work covered in coolant) then wake him up  to go shopping.  When I went in, his office light was on, so I was excited to get moving earlier.  I walked into the room and found him lying on the floor.  I went to shake his leg to wake him (I had figured he had gotten drunk and passed out in his chair and fell over).  His legs were cold, too cold.  When I went to shake his shoulder, I saw blood on the floor under his head, his arm was also cold, and he was way too far gone.  

His desk was placed on four concrete patio blocks to raise it enough to use his flight control pedals.  His gun was always within reach, laying on the side of his desk.  It could have fallen off his desk, he could have pulled the trigger (though he was happy in his new life and I cannot imagine why.  Everything was falling in place for him.)  His head was resting on the corner of one of those blocks, where the mess was.  The bullet was found about four feet high in the wall and removed as evidence.   I will not go further into details.

Andrew's death was ruled a suicide, because there was no one else there.  Whether it was accidental or not makes no difference, it won't bring him back. Being a God-Fearing woman, I know from countless Sunday morning services that "He who believes in Me and is baptized shall be saved.  He believed, was baptized and confirmed.  Therefore, he was taken into the arms of Jesus until judgement day.

I was diagnosed as Bipolar in 2007, his father's family has a plethora of mental illnesses, so who knows.  I have gone into a major depressive state (understandably) with many panic attacks, and can no longer reliably hold a job, so I am trying to get on Social Security.

Mainly, I wanted to give an explanation, and to convey my heartfelt thanks to all of you who spoke up for him, and I appreciate the prayers.

God bless you all.

Carla

Thank you all so much for loving my son, accepting him for who he was, and thinking of us after his death.  This was an ordeal I never imagined I would have to go through, and I pray all of you are spared from it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#21]
My heart hurts for you, Carla. I have a little boy of my own, and I can't even imagine...

All my sympathies to you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Thank you, Naamah, my heart hurts too.  Make sure you give your kids more love, and always end every day and every parting with I love you.  I never knew just how much that would come to mean to me.  I did it so if something happened to me, that would be the last words they heard from me.  Never would I have pictured it the other way around.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Thank you, Naamah, my heart hurts too.  Make sure you give your kids more love, and always end every day and every parting with I love you.  I never knew just how much that would come to mean to me.  I did it so if something happened to me, that would be the last words they heard from me.  Never would I have pictured it the other way around.
View Quote
 We have a 25 yo daughter & a 21 yo son and they are both here tonight.  My wife just hollered that dinner was ready, when they ask about the puffy eyes I'm going to give them a hug, tell them how much I love them and that I was just thinking about a friend who I never met, who was a good man and that I miss him.  God Bless you & yours.

He will always love you and be in your heart, Carla.  Hold on to that.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:15:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Intune69:
 We have a 25 yo daughter & a 21 yo son and they are both here tonight.  My wife just hollered that dinner was ready, when they ask about the puffy eyes I'm going to give them a hug, tell them how much I love them and that I was just thinking about a friend who I never met, who was a good man and that I miss him.  God Bless you & yours.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Intune69:

No one can ever pry him from my heart, and thank you!
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 2:03:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Carla,

My wife caught me crying at your post tonight and I had to show her what I was reading... no mother should have to bury her son.  Grin was a person who had noble heart.  I feel for your loss.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 2:37:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Thank you Number 21.  I am touched at your honesty there too.

BTW, I was crying while I was typing it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Carla,

Thank you for sharing that .

Link Posted: 10/9/2016 7:58:30 AM EDT
[#28]
It is one year today, son, and I still miss you like all get out.  Keep on shooting up there, and someday we will be together again!
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 10:44:37 AM EDT
[#29]
It is one year today, son, and I still miss you like all get out.  Keep on shooting up there, and someday we will be together again!
View Quote

God Bless you Carla, been thinking about you this weekend.  Celebrate life today.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 2:54:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Thanks, Tin.  My dad started building me a shed the week before the 1 year date.  He got the parts from a neighbor who tore down a huge metal shed for a farmer a few years back.  He only had to buy some of the lumber.  But the main thing is it helped take my mind off of it so I didn't overly dwell on it.  It  helped him too, as Grin was the first male born into the family for him.

Now, the fridge went belly up, the computer is on the way out, the van needs an oil change, and Social Security is taking forever.  Just one thing after another

How is YOUR day?
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Thank you very much 3dogs.  God's blessings!
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 12:09:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Andrew, gone but not forgotten
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 10:03:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Never forgotten, and always on my mind.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:15:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Sometimes, its hard when I go to get on facebook, and a memory of a big picture of him slaps me in the face.  I remember the story behind it, then I remember how damned much I miss him in my day to day life.  His birthday would be on Thursday.  

I am thankful so many of you got to share him with me.

God's Blessings to you all.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 3:09:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Recently had a FB request and he still saw Andrew on my mutual friends.

We had a good talk and Andrew is missed by more than you'd ever imagine. Two guys that never met eachother but we had some damn fine stories to tell about him
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 5:16:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Please feel free to share those stories with me.  They can celebrate good vibes for myself and his other friends here.

We just cried, I mean celebrated his 27th birthday.

If ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE is even remotely thinking about ending their existence, please call a family member, call a friend.  There are suicide hotlines in every state, and suicide.com.

Someone can help you, if you let them.

God bless you always, in all ways.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 6:59:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Mikhail_86:
Recently had a FB request and he still saw Andrew on my mutual friends.

We had a good talk and Andrew is missed by more than you'd ever imagine. Two guys that never met eachother but we had some damn fine stories to tell about him
View Quote

hes still a topic at work every now and again. good laughs are had at his expense but that was just him.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:05:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:30:56 AM EDT
[#40]
A few days ago I just realized that it will be two years since in a month. I really miss that grammar nazi

You're still in our thoughts Carla.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:38:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 3:29:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Same.
View All Quotes
Same.
Been 7 years gone by now since I last posted here. Still post on his Face Book page on the first for his birthday.
IRC chat room is gone. Too much freedom for a PC corporation to let run loose. They may tell the truth now & then; or, GOD FORBID, actually have some fun.
Damn site has been brownelled and woked up. Just not the same anymore.

Still miss my friend. Him and Eric the Hun. Now my cousin Milton.  Until we all meet again on the other side of the river Jordan.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:09:15 PM EDT
[#44]
I was just talking about Andrew the other day. About getting him a job at the company I worked for. Everything. Just wild
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Rest in peace Grin. (Page 12 of 12)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top