Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I am so happy, I have got enough ahead of my bills that I was able to place two separate orders of Wes dillos. Had one sent to me and one sent to my girlfriends. Dad.

Few more weeks I can send one to her brother too.

Wes was a damn fine man and I'm glad I can do a little to help
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 1:34:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mikhail_86:  I am so happy, I have got enough ahead of my bills that I was able to place two separate orders of Wes dillos. Had one sent to me and one sent to my girlfriends. Dad.

Few more weeks I can send one to her brother too.

Wes was a damn fine man and I'm glad I can do a little to help
View Quote

Good to hear, she sounds like a keeper.  Server page numbering issue bump.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 11:44:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Greetings to all of my fellow brothers.  I know it has been awhile since I last posted but once school started things got real busy real fast.  I went back to work on August 26th since the Kids started school on the 25th.  I am a runner and had a goal this year to run in a race every month from March to October.  I don't run in mid Oct through Nov. because that would cut into my hunting season and I can't have that happening.  Anyway I was on track to meet that goal till Wes had died.  With the help of a fellow runner I have successfully been able reach that with the race I will be running tomorrow morning which is to help against breast cancer.  During all of this I decided back on June 20th that I was going to try my first Half marathon on Sept 20th.  I was successful even though training has been pretty hard these last few months.  Wes didn't understand why I would run these races until I told him that every race I enter is for a cause I believe in so my entry fee go to a charity that I support and then I get a run a course I usually wouldn't be running since I live out of town.  If I thought things were crazy busy we are heading into my boys first birthday without dad, then our big game hunting season, Thanksgiving, daughters first birthday without dad than our first Christmas.

I did get some news that trial has been set for Dec 15th, 2 days before JD's 74th birthday.  If things go like there suppose to the kids and I will be able to put all of that behind us and really start working on moving into this next chapter of our life without Wes.  I will say that we all are doing well and adjusting well.  Kids are doing great in school with minor issues that I have expected with them missing there dad.  I am doing quite well and am working through the events of that night as best as one can be.  I know that I haven't posted much but know this you guys are never far from my mind and I appreciate all that you guys are doing for my kids and me.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:01:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:
Greetings to all of my fellow brothers.  I know it has been awhile since I last posted but once school started things got real busy real fast.  I went back to work on August 26th since the Kids started school on the 25th.  I am a runner and had a goal this year to run in a race every month from March to October.  I don't run in mid Oct through Nov. because that would cut into my hunting season and I can't have that happening.  Anyway I was on track to meet that goal till Wes had died.  With the help of a fellow runner I have successfully been able reach that with the race I will be running tomorrow morning which is to help against breast cancer.  During all of this I decided back on June 20th that I was going to try my first Half marathon on Sept 20th.  I was successful even though training has been pretty hard these last few months.  Wes didn't understand why I would run these races until I told him that every race I enter is for a cause I believe in so my entry fee go to a charity that I support and then I get a run a course I usually wouldn't be running since I live out of town.  If I thought things were crazy busy we are heading into my boys first birthday without dad, then our big game hunting season, Thanksgiving, daughters first birthday without dad than our first Christmas.

I did get some news that trial has been set for Dec 15th, 2 days before JD's 74th birthday.  If things go like there suppose to the kids and I will be able to put all of that behind us and really start working on moving into this next chapter of our life without Wes.  I will say that we all are doing well and adjusting well.  Kids are doing great in school with minor issues that I have expected with them missing there dad.  I am doing quite well and am working through the events of that night as best as one can be.  I know that I haven't posted much but know this you guys are never far from my mind and I appreciate all that you guys are doing for my kids and me.  Thanks!
View Quote

God Bless all in your family V. Thanks for the updates. Good luck in the run tomorrow, hope the rain stays away.
Still at office but leaving soon. Time sure is going by fast, a lesson for us all. Very glad you are doing well in the face of such adversity. Prayers for all.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:12:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#6]
You fine lady are a testament to strong women everywhere.
If I were in his place my last thought with my last breath I would think and know the kids will be in fine hands.
You seem to have gathered strength and the inevitable we need to move on is happening.
Substituting one passion for another sounds absolutely like the right thing to do. Having a parent full of life.
Will draw the boys like a magnet and they will hopefully pursue theirs. The events of that day are indelibly marked on you and the boys.
But much like a tattoo, If you get some sun on that it will fade.It will always be there. But not nearly as sharp as when it was applied.

Just a follower of the dean of WES here....If I could I would give you a "A" in disaster management.
Did that make any sense? It sounded good in my head. If found to be offensive I will scrap this post.

You have a fine day Victoria.

Edit for a big bear hug from the hot and dry Arizona desert.
I played O line so small, I am not.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:16:26 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Bless you and your family.

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Ordered another Wes dillo tonight and sent it to my old Gunny
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Mikhail_86:
View Quote

As creepy as your avatar is, your all right.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By Mauser1:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Wes helped me a lot when I was at my worst.

He is one of the reasons I am still here. What little I can do I will for his family
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#11]

He is one of the reasons I am still here. What little I can do I will for his family
View All Quotes

You and me both.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:55:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mikhail_86] [#12]

You and me both.

View All Quotes

You and me both.

He always was there for those hurting.

I can never repay what he did for me but damn it I will let people know about him and how great a guy he was

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:58:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Wes and I use to talk at great lengths about if something happened to one of us which one would be the better person to raise the kids as a single parent.  Wes would always say that I would be because I was definitely the stronger person, of course I would always agree with him.  Through all of this I truly believe he was right.  I know Wes well enough to know that he would do ok but it would take him a long to be able to be that way.  He had a hard time dealing with loss of something that he cared deeply about.  I by no means am a heartless women but a practical one.  I hurt and grieve in my own way and on my own time, lets just say very private about that. For you to understand exactly how strong Wes thought I was here is what Wes had wrote in a letter to the kids he had in the safe with his will.  "Respect your mom.  She is too strong to mess with so your reluctance, which is often found in youth, won't do you much good with her.  It's her strength that drew me to her.  She's above all independent.  Sure she was a bit wrapped up with me but, inside she is pure piss & vinegar with just enough sugar she can be the sweetest gal around, cross her  she'll stomp you but good." He was a great man with an extremely big heart.  He was always helping people in need.  I take great comfort in knowing that even though he didn't think he was a big contributor to our family he helped more that he can imagine.  By his big heart his children will grow up knowing what an amazing father they have and in my beliefs gave his life so that they could have a healthy one.  I believe one of us was going to die that night by the events that took place, unfortunately it had to be Wes, and as selfish as it may sound I am happy that I was the one to be spared for the kids sake because Wes wouldn't have taken it well for a while since he thought I hung the moon.

Mauser1 I completely understood what you were trying to say and no I did not take any offense.  Remember I was Wes's wife and there is not much I can take offense to or our marriage would not have made it 11 years.

You all are great are guys, Thanks,
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:31:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Stay safe and good luck on the running. Head held high, we move forward side by side.
All of us.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:16:09 AM EDT
[#15]
I will stay safe and have an excellent run because Wes will be with me.  I will always walk with my head high and moving forward.  Sometimes I may stumble and fall but I will always pick myself up and keep moving. I don't know know any other way and I have 2 kids that I have to think about that needs a strong, loving, and supportive mother that they can lean on to help them along the way.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:50:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Wes and I use to talk at great lengths about if something happened to one of us which one would be the better person to raise the kids as a single parent.  Wes would always say that I would be because I was definitely the stronger person, of course I would always agree with him.  Through all of this I truly believe he was right.  I know Wes well enough to know that he would do ok but it would take him a long to be able to be that way.  He had a hard time dealing with loss of something that he cared deeply about.  I by no means am a heartless women but a practical one.  I hurt and grieve in my own way and on my own time, lets just say very private about that. For you to understand exactly how strong Wes thought I was here is what Wes had wrote in a letter to the kids he had in the safe with his will.  "Respect your mom.  She is too strong to mess with so your reluctance, which is often found in youth, won't do you much good with her.  It's her strength that drew me to her.  She's above all independent.  Sure she was a bit wrapped up with me but, inside she is pure piss & vinegar with just enough sugar she can be the sweetest gal around, cross her  she'll stomp you but good." He was a great man with an extremely big heart.  He was always helping people in need.  I take great comfort in knowing that even though he didn't think he was a big contributor to our family he helped more that he can imagine.  By his big heart his children will grow up knowing what an amazing father they have and in my beliefs gave his life so that they could have a healthy one.  I believe one of us was going to die that night by the events that took place, unfortunately it had to be Wes, and as selfish as it may sound I am happy that I was the one to be spared for the kids sake because Wes wouldn't have taken it well for a while since he thought I hung the moon.

Mauser1 I completely understood what you were trying to say and no I did not take any offense.  Remember I was Wes's wife and there is not much I can take offense to or our marriage would not have made it 11 years.

View Quote

Good luck at the race today V! Rain or no rain. The Pinch went out for a pod and came back 1soggydoggy.

Thanks for the fine comments. Wes was tough enough to give his life for his country should the need arise or be extra-special sensitive with his family and friends. You KNOW who he reminds us of, someone who is still in our lives long after his death because he championed the real America and personified American ideals. He was ultra tough when needed but would obey the Mrs. He would drive a bulldozer into a fuel tank to kill our enemies or be tender after all after hunting his kidnapped niece. He would fight anyone anytime if needed but he could bluster, vent and be sheepish around his wife...... John Wayne.....

This is no accident. The America we honor places family and wife high. Remember McLintock? "There's nothing like what happens between a man and a women going through all that struggle together."
Think of that pertaining to the last 4 years.... Give that brilliant American half a chance and he'll blow your doors off, be the best boss, manager, dad or partner you ever saw. I know it when I see it, my late older/only brother Roy was just like him. As Roy used to say, "little brother, you and I didn't really turn a wheel until we turned 30". Wes's time was HERE, it was in the air, we could smell it and you know this to be true. I was so much better off for knowing him and rich as a king that he was my bro. As you know, WMD stood for something else good. Am still going to miss him until my last day on earth.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I may be remiss but think about this. As a Offensive lineman you would or should never have to get up off the field by yourself.
You never return to the huddle without every member. After being under 1,000 pounds of dudes they all get up.
I would roll on my back and what do I see. Hands willing to help me, get my ass off the ground. We made five yards on that play.
Pounded as I was I knew there were more than enough hands to carry me out if need be.The short of this is.
Team spirit and when you've been slammed. just reach out your hand. We'll be here to haul you up.  OK
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Absolutely great to hear from you Victoria and very happy to hear that life is "moving on" and that you all are doing as well as can be expected. Good luck in the run today if you haven't started yet,at least it will be "cool" for the run You and the kids are constantly in my prayers and I am only a phone call or text away
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

You are truly an inspiration, your children are fortunate to have you there to love, support, and guide them.

And from what I can see, maybe you really did hang the moon?

God bless.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:11:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Good Evening gentlemen,

Race this morning was at 9 with heavy rain and 47 degrees, which in my mind is perfect race weather.  It was one of my best races and it ended my race season quite nicely.  Of course I will give Wes the credit even though he wasn't there in person he was there in spirit which gave me the push that I needed.

MGD, love the reference of John Wayne.  It is very fitting of Wes and his top favorite actor, of course that's only because he didn't know him before he met me and I introduced him to the Duke.  He is my absolute favorite actor I have one dog named Chance (Rio Bravo) and another Mac (McLintock), after our top 2 favorite movies.  

I have a little something I would like to share with you all which my family believes is completely true and believe.  "Love is stronger than death even though it can't stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can't separate people from love.  It can't take away our memories either.  In the end, life is stronger than death.

God Bless
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:11:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Good Evening gentlemen,

Race this morning was at 9 with heavy rain and 47 degrees, which in my mind is perfect race weather.  It was one of my best races and it ended my race season quite nicely.  Of course I will give Wes the credit even though he wasn't there in person he was there in spirit which gave me the push that I needed.

MGD, love the reference of John Wayne.  It is very fitting of Wes and his top favorite actor, of course that's only because he didn't know him before he met me and I introduced him to the Duke.  He is my absolute favorite actor I have one dog named Chance (Rio Bravo) and another Mac (McLintock), after our top 2 favorite movies.  

I have a little something I would like to share with you all which my family believes is completely true and believe.  "Love is stronger than death even though it can't stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can't separate people from love.  It can't take away our memories either.  In the end, life is stronger than death.

God Bless
View Quote

Glad you had fun at the race. It was a good day, rooted for you by remote while "in school" for 7 hours. Agreed. Some are oxygen wasters (Nick). For others, the life essence is not extinguished by mere death, they (Wes) live in our hearts and minds from microsecond to microsecond and therefore, they are here and inseparable. Have felt that since July but getting used to it, not being able to phone or do things has been a new kind of difficult.

"Well, lets bounce on down" (Sons Of Katie Elder)
Kirk Douglas: "Mine hit the ground first."  Duke: "Mine was taller." (War Wagon)
"That'll be the day." (The Searchers)
"Nobody'll kill all the beaver for hats for dudes." (McLintock)
"Out here, a man settles his own problems." (The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance)
"A fast ship going in harms way, a lousy situation." (In Harms Way)
"A fellow as ugly as you are probably couldn't get to first base without a fire." (Hellfighters)

All from memory. Wes and I would quote movie lines without talking in our own words, including many from Team America World Police.
A particular favorite of his was from Die Hard:

"Ho Ho Ho
Now I have a Machine Gun"
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Been looking for a fitting song for this thread. Might have found it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 1:14:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Update time from me.  Today is my boy's 9th birthday, and we went through it quite nicely.  We did celebrate it on Saturday and had plenty of family and friends who came to celebrate with us.  It was an emotional week leading up to it with Randall missing his dad and I think he was worried that nobody would show.  That boy has a big soft heart so much like his father.  As in every 9 year olds birthday there was some shooting and 4 wheeler rides all around.  We had a little something for all ages since we had beautiful weather, sunny and in the mid 70's.  Now that is over its time for us to gear up for hunting season since everything takes back seat to that.  It wasn't just Wes who was this way I am too.  The only time I will brave the freezing cold temps (single digits or below) is running or hunting.  Even than running is put on hold.  You see I run 7 days a week minimally 4 miles to keep the dog exercised. otherwise both of us get cranky.  Last year when Wes and I both got our elk, which was on 2 different weekends, the high for the day was 5 degrees.  Anyway I have that to look forward to and for the first time I am hoping that this season will be a short one for me so that I can spend some much needed time home with the kids to help them through this very difficult time of year.  With the Support that I have received from fellow brothers its made this difficult time of year for me too a lot easier to handle.  I know that if ever I have a time where I am struggling that all I have to do is reach out and I will receive a steadying hand to help me along.

Thank You all and God bless.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 4:19:49 AM EDT
[#24]
It was happy fathers day when I started this post but happy fathers day just the same.
From what I gather the kids seem to be thriving. I do know they miss you and so do I.
You cant believe how much I could have used some sage advice also. Victoria, I hope all is well with your health doing well.
There will never be others like you so take care OK. Both Dan and yourself talked me off the wall and I use your advice dailly.
This last stint of 6 months in the hospital they didn't save the paper I had all my numbers written on it didn't make it .
I had two days to move out I was in the hospital rehab facility.A couple of Arfcomers helped me by grabbing all they could. T
hen they threw all the rest of my stuff the workers didn't want in a dumpster.
Just another life thrown in the can. I really needed his advise then and boy did I use it. Once again happy fathers day!
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#25]
I woke this morning looking back on this day last year.  I never thought that after returning home from my morning run that it would be last time W give me coffee and told me morning beautiful.  That it would be the last time we ever had lunch together, last time I received a kiss from him and was told see you at home. Definitely never would have thought that the last words we spoke to each other was that we loved eachother before my world got turned upside down.  It's been a long journey down the road of healing.  I've been very blessed to have so many wonderful people who have been there for me that I never really new in the beginning.  Through all the pain I have made some friends who now I call family.

This will not be an easy day for emotions will run high for the senseless loss of W's life.  Through all this sadness though I know I am strong woman who despite all that I've been through I can look my kids in the eye and know I've done right by them.  I can hold my head up knowing that I was strong enough to look the man in the eye who took my world from me and tell him I forgive him for all he did and in doing so I am a better person who didn't let my self get consumed with hate and vengeance.  I got justice, closure, and healing.  I am at peace with all that has happened and accepted that this is my life now.  My wonderful brothers I thank you for being here you made this journey way more bearable and that means more to me than you'll ever know.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:18:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Stay strong. In our thoughts
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#27]

It's hard to believe a year has passed already; it seems like just a couple of months ago.  
We're here for you if you need us.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Miss you Bro, July 11th 2015 was our first Parade in Scout  Car and we just had the 2nd, where you belonged. The kids threw 10 pounds of taffy to the crowd and we went around twice!!

This would have made your chest swell with pride: on the way back from the Parade, all 4 kids in the back of the Scout Car (including your 2) starting chanting:

U-S-A!
U-S-A!
U-S-A!
U-S-A!
U-S-A!

The Wolf and I looked at each other in wonder, we got a bit of it on the Handycam......the first thing I thought of was the American crowd at the 1980 Hockey game against the CCCP. It was soooo CHOICE!

Our 4 night fuel pump change-out the highlight of the 1942 mechanical year for both of us.

We'd have another Gold Mine of smack to confound restaurant and bar patrons, you woulda loved Deadpool.

Ajax: What's my name?

Deadpool: I'll spell it out for ya!

Deadpool: [later, after battle, has spelled out 'Francis' using bodies of bad guys]

Deadpool: Now, I'm about to do to you what Limp Bizkit did to music in the late 90s.

Deadpool: [waving his broken wrists] All dinosaurs feared the T-Rex!

Deadpool: [to the audience] I know right? You're probably thinking, "Whose balls did I have to fondle to get my very own movie"? I can't tell you his name, but it rhymes with "Polverine."
[In an Australian accent]

Deadpool: And let me tell you, he's got a nice pair of smooth criminals down under.

Deadpool: Cock-Shot!

Deadpool: [Punches Colussus in the groin, breaking his hand] Ahhh! Your poor wife!

Deadpool: [to The Recruiter] Nice to see you, Jared. I'll take the foot long... Fully loaded.

Deadpool: A fourth wall break inside a fourth wall break? That's like, sixteen walls.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Dodge223:
Stay strong. In our thoughts
View Quote

Will always be strong it's all I know
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Repairman_Jack:

It's hard to believe a year has passed already; it seems like just a couple of months ago.  
We're here for you if you need us.
View Quote

Just as much as you are here for me I'm here for you if you ever need me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#32]
With Father's Day being this last weekend was a rough one this year.... much sadness and missing for the kids father.  This all has carried over into the week with many thoughts and talk of W from the kids and I.  Then this morning I had to have a discussion with the kids no mother should ever have with there children.... why there was no way dad could survive from the wound he sustained and if he did why it is a blessing of his passing.  There sharp little minds don't miss anything and were talking about how they would give anything to have there dad back and that they wished he could have lived through what happened.  Not something I wanted to talk about but if I didn't they would ask someone else.  Who better to tell them the truth than there mom who has to live with the memories of that night... only two people know the truth of that night and one is locked up, the other is me.  I am the only one who can truly give the answers to the questions asked by my kids. It was difficult morning topic that was sandwiched between the topic of why we don't hate grandpa just his actions for dad wouldn't have been dad if it wasn't for grandpa and why mom can't tell you exactly where dad died.  Much sadness in our hearts this morning on the car ride to town
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:53:08 PM EDT
[#33]
It's good of you to share the truth.  The Sinister doesn't talk about it much, but when it comes up, he makes a flat statement,"My dad died."  Other than that, he's the happiest kid I ever met, and it doesn't seem to have affected him adversely.

Fair winds & following seas.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
It's good of you to share the truth.  The Sinister doesn't talk about it much, but when it comes up, he makes a flat statement,"My dad died."  Other than that, he's the happiest kid I ever met, and it doesn't seem to have affected him adversely.

Fair winds & following seas.
View Quote
Kids need truth and mine most definitely do.  They have been through a lot with a lot of turmoil in there life due to the fact there grandpa took there dad from them.  They truly don't understand they whys and someday they will ask and I will have to give them the brutal truth for it will give them no less.  Don't get me wrong they are truly happy kids and well adjusted.  To watch them you would never know the horror of what they have gone through.  When asked they will openly and honestly say my dad died... my grandpa took him from us.  Privately though in the security of our home they have no problem opening up and letting me know when they miss dad.  Not as much now unless it's certain days that have a lot of dad meaning for them.

Good for Sinister and happy that he is a happy kid... very important after the loss of a parent no matter the situation.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#35]
I woke this morning with heavy sadness in my heart for today has been 2 years since Wes died.  It's been a long road of hurt, pain, and healing these last 2 years and I know that this day will always be a rough one.  It's the day I watched my husband get killed and then had to make the grueling process of letting the family know what happened.  Had to look my kids in the face and tell them that there father was gone and that there grandfather had done it.  I know that the kids and I have picked up the pieces of our shattered life and are moving on... I'm getting married on the 29th and am expecting a baby that will be due in Dec.  Despite all that happiness that we have been able to find this is still a rough day...We love Wes dearly and speak of him daily but miss him greatly.  He is a huge part of our life more now then ever before and every day I wake I thank the lord that I am still here to watch Wes and my kids grow into amazing young people.  I am truly bless to have such amazing support from those I now call my brothers.  This day a rough one for more than just me I know for Wes impact and reach was far.   Just wanted y'all to know that even though I know this hurt I feel over the loss of my husband, a truly great man, I also hurt for all you who lost a brother.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:  I woke this morning with heavy sadness in my heart for today has been 2 years since Wes died.  It's been a long road of hurt, pain, and healing these last 2 years and I know that this day will always be a rough one.  It's the day I watched my husband get killed and then had to make the grueling process of letting the family know what happened.  Had to look my kids in the face and tell them that there father was gone and that there grandfather had done it.  I know that the kids and I have picked up the pieces of our shattered life and are moving on... I'm getting married on the 29th and am expecting a baby that will be due in Dec.  Despite all that happiness that we have been able to find this is still a rough day...We love Wes dearly and speak of him daily but miss him greatly.  He is a huge part of our life more now then ever before and every day I wake I thank the lord that I am still here to watch Wes and my kids grow into amazing young people.  I am truly bless to have such amazing support from those I now call my brothers.  This day a rough one for more than just me I know for Wes impact and reach was far.   Just wanted y'all to know that even though I know this hurt I feel over the loss of my husband, a truly great man, I also hurt for all you who lost a brother.
View Quote
Congratulations!  Don't register @ Bud's Gun Shop - everyone will just give you Home Depot cards instead.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:38:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

Congratulations!  Don't register @ Bud's Gun Shop - everyone will just give you Home Depot cards instead.  
View Quote
Yeah not needing much for the home improvement side... though it wouldn't hurt I do have some projects I need to get done, however will never have enough in the gungeon since I have a little girl who is growing up fast.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:51:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Congratulations V. Glad to see you and your children are doing well and moving forward.

Prayers for you, your children, and your new family.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:58:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Wes was here tonight. There's two clones of funeral wreaths I designed located on the Victrola near the Shadowbox Frankie Knee Caps made.

One says Mr. Black Rifle.

The other says I-M-A-WMD

He dropped in, brushed the named banner off the Victrola so we'd be reminded of our brother, of all our blessings and have a toast.

After toasting WMD, its time for bed.

Missing you, in our hearts and minds daily, Resting In Peace brother.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:21:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Congrats on the pending nuptials and wee one. Just curious... did you snag an ARFCOMMER? He better be good to you and those kids, or he's got a mess o' folks to deal with here! Actually, I'm certain your good taste extends to your fiancé and he'll be safe from us.

Best wishes always.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Husband is a good man and no he's not an arfcomer.  In fact we've been friends for 5 years so he knew the kids, Wes, and what we all went through.   He even knew Wes dad so he was very aware of things when I talk about him.

On Dec 22nd the husband and I were happy to welcome a baby girl into this world.   A suggestion from the husband aka Mr V we named her Brianne Weslee after Wes.  Family is doing great and enjoying the new addition.   We're starting to get crazy busy with baseball coming up.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 10:34:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Husband is a good man and no he's not an arfcomer.  In fact we've been friends for 5 years so he knew the kids, Wes, and what we all went through.   He even knew Wes dad so he was very aware of things when I talk about him.

On Dec 22nd the husband and I were happy to welcome a baby girl into this world.   A suggestion from the husband aka Mr V we named her Brianne Weslee after Wes.  Family is doing great and enjoying the new addition.   We're starting to get crazy busy with baseball coming up.
View Quote
Congratulations!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 11:05:09 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
I didn't know Wes and frankly don't frequent this forum too much.  But I must say I stumbled into this thread and am very sorry for what you experienced but also very happy you were able to find happiness, welcome a new baby into the world, and complete your family. God bless and good luck.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 12:04:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Well, here's to Brianne Weslee!  And congrats to Mr V.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 12:45:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By pcsutton:
Congratulations!!
View Quote
Thanks we're all pretty excited.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 12:52:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By sidewaysil80:

I didn't know Wes and frankly don't frequent this forum too much.  But I must say I stumbled into this thread and am very sorry for what you experienced but also very happy you were able to find happiness, welcome a new baby into the world, and complete your family. God bless and good luck.
View Quote
Please don't be sorry it is what it is.  If it wasn't for the life I had with Wes I never would be where I am today and be as happy as I am.  Going through the loss and the way i lost Wes made me face alot in a short time and also i finally saw what Wes had seen in me.  I'm a way better person for all of it.  I also wouldn't have a beautiful baby girl who's name came from my late husband in honor of him.  We all understand the importance Wes had/has in our lives and she's just as important.   She brought the missing piece in our lives. He was a good man with an extremely huge heart.... and I believe he'd be happy that we are all happy.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 1:16:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Yesterday would have been Wes and my anniversary.... looking back on the last three years kids and I have come along way.  I'm now a stay at home mom and enjoying every moment of it.   The baby is a most welcome addition to the family and is just what the kids and I need in our lives.   Surprise of all this is my boy....he's so good with her and loves to hang with her.  We miss Wes every day and our feelings are still just as strong today as it was the day he died.... we've found peace in all of it and happiness.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 7:44:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:10:19 AM EDT
[#49]
I was just thinking about Wes the other day.  Glad to hear you're all doing well.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm late to the update, but I'm glad to hear you and your family are doing well.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top