View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EvilApplesauce:
Originally Posted By FW_wife:
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:
I'm gonna need some directions

+1 i'd settle for an address.  Just don't tell the wife why I'm taking the sequoia to FTW.

I guess tomorrow's the day, got a lot if things that popped up today, but you have any specific time to get there?

Address sent. I can be up at the crack of dawn if necessary. I also have a spare tire in the shed.

Should be there around 9

No where near Texas, but its threads like this that make me love this place....
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 12:10:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NCUrk] [#2]

Double post...

Still love this place.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 2:06:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Trees are no more,

Nothing a little rope and a couple strong knots couldn't fix.

We did a pretty good job I think.

Side note: spare tire didn't work as well as planned.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Trees are no more,

View Quote

Your After-Action Report skills need honing.

Number of beers consumed:???
Number of times police were involved:???
Number of times someone said, "Can we leave that to the professionals"?: ???
Pictures of action: ???
Pictures of accidental damage: ???
Video of documented injuries: ???
Names of Hawt EMT personnel responding to accidental injuries: ???
Pictures of Hawt EMT personnel (strictly for documentary reasons): ???
This is Texas, so, Identity of first person to say , "Here, hold my beer. I wanna try sumptun."

Sounds like a successful mission, regardless. Well done!
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 4:38:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FW_wife] [#5]
YAY! The junipers are gone! Incredible thanks to 2tired2run and evil applesauce (aka Holland and Javier)!! No injuries, no mishaps, just lots of mud, and the junipers are on the curb for bulk trash pickup this week. It was so good of Holland and Javier to come out in crappy weather on a Sunday to do this for me.   Jeff would be pleased and I am so very grateful.

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm certain many here are thankful to 2tired2run and evil applesauce for being there.   Thank you guys!

Glad things went well and mission accomplished.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 10:51:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Good job on both members and the host
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 11:50:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:12:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Well done, lads!
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:40:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Trees are no more,

View Quote

good job guys

tire trick works when mounted on wheel w/ air
might be better to use chain of thick tow strap, rather than rope
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#12]
YAY! The junipers are gone! Incredible thanks to 2tired2run and evil applesauce (aka Holland and Javier)!! No injuries, no mishaps, just lots of mud, and the junipers are on the curb for bulk trash pickup this week. It was so good of Holland and Javier to come out in crappy weather on a Sunday to do this for me.   Jeff would be pleased and I am so very grateful.

http://youtu.be/TOseF3j_sco

http://youtu.be/9EMz4L1Lbc4

http://youtu.be/jlQmKRAO6mE
View Quote

im glad i could be of service.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 9:06:26 PM EDT
[#13]

http://youtu.be/TOseF3j_sco

http://youtu.be/9EMz4L1Lbc4

http://youtu.be/jlQmKRAO6mE
View Quote

No problem and let me know when you want those fans swapped out.  

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 2:33:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice work, guys
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:22:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Well done sirs. I hope all is going well Reta. This, for me, is still the best thread ever, for so many reasons.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:36:57 PM EDT
[#17]
I subscribed to this thread the day Jeff started it.  I have been amazed at the compassion, caring, concern and sacrifice that the members here have displayed since then.  The strength and fight that Jeff and Reta have shown is truly inspiring to me.  Lots of great people on this site!
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:34:03 PM EDT
[#19]
The one-year anniversary of Jeff's diagnosis was yesterday. It's been a pretty glum weekend.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 12:22:16 AM EDT
[#20]
The one-year anniversary of Jeff's diagnosis was yesterday. It's been a pretty glum weekend.
View Quote

- Strength and Prayers
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:38:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Repairman_Jack:

- Strength and Prayers
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Repairman_Jack:

- Strength and Prayers

TRH.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:39:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Threads like this renew my faith & collective effort of the ARFcom family.

Continued prayers Reta. You guys are the best!!

MissB
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:36:49 AM EDT
[#23]
I wish you all well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:26:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hughjafj] [#24]
I'm writing this from heaven where I dwell with God above.  Where there's no more tears or sadness, there's just eternal love.  Please do not be unhappy, just because I'm out of sight.  Remember that I'm with you, every morning, noon and night.  That day I had to leave you, when my life on earth was through, God picked me up and hugged me and he said "I welcome you.  Its good to have you back again.  You were missed while you were gone.  As for your dearest family, they'll be here later on."

Then God gave me a list of things He wished for me to do.  And foremost on that list of mine, is to watch and care for you.  And I will be beside you every day and week and year.  And when you're sad, I'm standing there to wipe away the fear.  And when you lie in bed at night the days' chores put to flight, God and I are closest to you in the middle of the night.  When you think of my life on earth, because you're only human, it's bound to bring you tears.  But do not be afraid to cry, it does relieve the pain.  Remember, there would be no flowers unless there was some rain.

It's always God's philosophy and I'd like it for you too, that as you give unto the world, the world will give to you.  If you can help someone who is in sorrow or in pain, then you can say to God at night, My day was not in vain.  And now I am content that my life was worthwhile, knowing as I passed along the way, I made someone smile.  So if you meet someone who is down and feeling low, just lend a hand to pick him up as on your way you go.  When you are walking down the street and you've got me on your mind, I'm walking in your footsteps only a half a step behind.  And when you feel that gentle breeze or the wind upon your face, that's me giving you a great big hug or just a soft embrace.  And when it's time for you to go from that body to be free, remember you're not going, you're coming here to me.  And I will always love you from that land way up above.  We'll be in touch again soon.  

P.S. God sends His love.

-Author unknown
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:20:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By hughjafj:
I'm writing this from heaven where I dwell with God above.  Where there's no more tears or sadness, there's just eternal love.  Please do not be unhappy, just because I'm out of sight.  Remember that I'm with you, every morning, noon and night.  That day I had to leave you, when my life on earth was through, God picked me up and hugged me and he said "I welcome you.  Its good to have you back again.  You were missed while you were gone.  As for your dearest family, they'll be here later on."

Then God gave me a list of things He wished for me to do.  And foremost on that list of mine, is to watch and care for you.  And I will be beside you every day and week and year.  And when you're sad, I'm standing there to wipe away the fear.  And when you lie in bed at night the days' chores put to flight, God and I are closest to you in the middle of the night.  When you think of my life on earth, because you're only human, it's bound to bring you tears.  But do not be afraid to cry, it does relieve the pain.  Remember, there would be no flowers unless there was some rain.

It's always God's philosophy and I'd like it for you too, that as you give unto the world, the world will give to you.  If you can help someone who is in sorrow or in pain, then you can say to God at night, My day was not in vain.  And now I am content that my life was worthwhile, knowing as I passed along the way, I made someone smile.  So if you meet someone who is down and feeling low, just lend a hand to pick him up as on your way you go.  When you are walking down the street and you've got me on your mind, I'm walking in your footsteps only a half a step behind.  And when you feel that gentle breeze or the wind upon your face, that's me giving you a great big hug or just a soft embrace.  And when it's time for you to go from that body to be free, remember you're not going, you're coming here to me.  And I will always love you from that land way up above.  We'll be in touch again soon.  

P.S. God sends His love.

-Author unknown
View Quote

Thank you. I needed this.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:10:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD] [#26]
Perspective.  Jeff's thread really grants a lot of it.  This past weekend our fridge went on the fritz.  This diverted gun money to a replacement.  There was a gun show in town and I was pulling out of the garage Sunday on my way to move my Glock for the fridge replacement effort.  In my mind I lamented "It's just another beautiful day in paradise Sly". I stopped in the drive and smiled as your blog flooded into my gray matter Reta.  As I thought about the Reed family and this thread I then reiterated to myself.  Yes, it certainly is a beautiful day in paradise.  

So many things can easily be taken for granted.  My education on what's important continues thanks to Jeff and extended family here that he introduced me to.

God bless you all and my best wishes for time with family and friends this Easter weekend.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:02:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD] [#27]
I posted here a bit ago, at least I think I did.  My subscriptions list shows I posted, but I don't see it?  Consider this a test post.

Edit: Ah, they're it is.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Yesterday was the 3 year anniversary of my Granddad passing 6 weeks after getting home from my deployment.  So this morning, I put on some Vince Gill "Go Rest High On That Mountain."

So all while I'm listening, and singing at the top of my lungs while receiving strange looks from students at University of Denver, I thought of Jeff again.  

Cheers to the guys helping out, if you ever swing through Colorado, drinks on me, and dinner on me.  

Prayers up Reta Still praying for your family.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:47:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Still checking in from time to time and glad to see you all doing well (enough). Always in my prayers.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:14:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By oregonroofer:
Still checking in from time to time and glad to see you all doing well (enough). Always in my prayers.
View Quote

TRH.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:41:05 PM EDT
[#31]
WHEW! Our home is undergoing quite a transformation! My wonderful friends worked hard on the fence and have most of it done. Awesome work!!

I decided the paint the kitchen (two walls done already - pics will follow soon). I think I'll invest in a paint sprayer because that has touched off more painting ideas. I also decided to replace the baseboards. So that has kicked off a huge project that should keep me busy for quite a while. I have been gradually replacing the builder-grade gold/chrome fixtures in the house and just replaced the entryway chandelier and a hall light. I'm quite pleased with myself :)

I took Kristen and Travis to "Music on the Patio" in Keller last night and heard Emerald City Band. They're a very energetic, fun band! If you ever get the opportunity, check them out. They play in Dallas quite often.

I'll get Travis signed up for a couple weeks of summer camp and have Kristen signed up for dance. I'm trying to talk her into gymnastics again too because she is so darn good at it! Maybe Alex will even do an art camp... we'll see.

Jeff would be shaking his head at me as I flit around the house from project to project, saying "Yes, dear, that looks great", but I think he also appreciated that I don't sit on my behind for long.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:50:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD] [#32]
Nice to hear from you Reta.  

Home projects turn into a tar baby quick.  Hope the projects turn out well for you.  

We've been in our home for going on six years.  Still in white primer with a smattering of CRAYOLA and magic marker/Sharpie here-and-there. Some day soon the little hurricane will be past that stage. Then we can settle on colors.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:04:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Hi Reta and Travis-
I've been catching up here recently and realized it's been too long since I've prayed God's blessings over you and your family.

My girlfriend and I will be visiting her parents in June (Kerrville) and we're flying into Austin on the 2nd of June.

If the opportunity presents itself, I'd like to shake Travis' hand and tell him that his dad was a great man and that I hope he enjoys his "new" rifle someday.

God bless you Reta for staying strong and remaining in community with us here.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:33:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Hello to all. been busy but have finished the Team REED #28 rifle. get some pics up today.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 9:57:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Just stopping by to let you know that my prayers are still with you and the kids Reta.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 2:18:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Its been some time since I have checked in here, read the updates hope all the home projects are still going well.

Finally got my in honor of Jeff Reed gun finished this last month.  #22

Some range time testing.

That bottom one of the 3 had the fun switch ( full auto)

BTW not sure if you ever read the IM's on his account but when this thread first started I had offered Jeff any time he was out this way (UT) to come shoot some NFA toys I only have a few but have a bunch of friends here with many.  The offer still stands for you and your family.

From our IM's I don't have the first one I sent any more.

Thank you for your generous donation.....

my number is 817-905-xxxx

I can make rounds on my Dillon from 7-12 cents a round.....

So umm I have the ammo if you have the guns
View Quote

I only have a few but have friends with a lot and thousands of acres of property.

Thanks for sharing with all of us I came home and gave my daughter a big hug tonight.  My best wishes for you and your family.
View Quote

you are welcome. And thank you......

I may hit you up on property use. i need a place to have fun with my son for sure.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2014 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#38]
#22 looks awesome!
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 1:36:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lieh-tzu] [#40]
Just dropping in to say 'hi, Reta' and take care. Glad you're getting help you need on projects. Best wishes.

ETA - sweet paint job on #22!
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 2:04:47 AM EDT
[#41]
From the Grand Canyon state. I wish you well.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 10:21:24 PM EDT
[#42]
It's been quite a while since I've posted. We're still doing okay. Our good friend, Carlos, replaced the front door for us (I helped some). I disassembled our deteriorating trampoline and put it out for bulk trash pick up last weekend (the scavengers picked it up before the trash truck came). The mower fired up on the third pull so i was able to mow the grass without any problems. Alex is having problems with her computer. I suspect it's the video card. I'll pick up a new one tomorrow and see if that fixes things.

I moved to another office location at work today. It's an interesting change of scenery.

Seems I miss Jeff more. He was a royal pain in the arse sometimes but he was so unique, so smart, funny, generous and kind, and he loved with every ounce of his being. Of course I didn't appreciate him.

People take comfort knowing their loved one is at peace, but call me selfish - it just makes me sad. I'm not accepting yet. I want him back. I wish he had the opportunity to at least get the bone marrow transplant.  He wasn't meant to go like he did. I actually didn't see us growing old together, but who knew?
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 10:40:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Holler anytime you get tired of mowing the grass.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Praying through the dust in my room. when I start to feel a little down I think back to that moment on that morning when I first read the title of this thread.

keeping you all in my prayers and thankful for the wonderful people on arfcom
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 1:01:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By coldair:
Praying through the dust in my room. when I start to feel a little down I think back to that moment on that morning when I first read the title of this thread.

keeping you all in my prayers and thankful for the wonderful people on arfcom
View Quote

Well said.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#47]
My mom had hip replacement surgery Thursday and is doing very well. I call her the bionic grandma. It's been really weird being back at Harris Hospital. I didn't think there would be a "thing" about being there. I had taken my neighbor for a day surgery at another hospital a couple months ago and she said she was reluctant to ask me to take her, what with putting me in a hospital environment again after everything I'd been through with Jeff. I poo-pooed her and said I was a pro at this hospital stuff. I didn't have a problem then. Being with Mom, back in the same hospital, sitting in the same surgical waiting room (even in the same seat until I moved), has triggered some unpleasant flashbacks. At least she's not in the same area of the hospital as Jeff was. Thankfully, she goes home today.

Oh, I fixed my daughter's computer! I'm pretty tech savvy, but Jeff has always been the hardware/network guy. I handle the software. I properly diagnosed my daughter's computer problem as a bad video card and replaced it last night without a hitch. Now I get my home office back :)

Travis has been invited to participate in summer school for most of June. I want to give him every opportunity to keep up with (and maybe surpass!) his peers, so I took the school district up on the invitation. I've also arranged for him to get continued speech therapy over the summer and a couple weeks of summer camp. Boredom is the enemy!!

I had a dream last night that I was in a giant pharmacy - like a Walgreen's but convention center size. (I tend to have really dumb, boring dreams.) I kept looking for cotton balls and saw myself walking right by MILLIONS of them. I sat down to rest and there was Jeff, kneeling beside me and he laid his head in my lap. He had thick, wavy hair! I ran my fingers through it and just said "Damn, I'm glad you're back." He didn't speak. It's like he was there, but not really. I hugged and kissed him, but he still didn't speak. He did help me find the cotton balls, though.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 11:01:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FW_wife] [#48]
Its been some time since I have checked in here, read the updates hope all the home projects are still going well.

Finally got my in honor of Jeff Reed gun finished this last month. #22

Some range time testing.

That bottom one of the 3 had the fun switch ( full auto)

BTW not sure if you ever read the IM's on his account but when this thread first started I had offered Jeff any time he was out this way (UT) to come shoot some NFA toys I only have a few but have a bunch of friends here with many. The offer still stands for you and your family.

From our IM's I don't have the first one I sent any more.

Thank you for your generous donation.....

my number is 817-905-xxxx

I can make rounds on my Dillon from 7-12 cents a round.....

So umm I have the ammo if you have the guns

I only have a few but have friends with a lot and thousands of acres of property.

Thanks for sharing with all of us I came home and gave my daughter a big hug tonight. My best wishes for you and your family.

you are welcome. And thank you......

I may hit you up on property use. i need a place to have fun with my son for sure.
View Quote

Impressive lot you have there!
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#49]
I just got caught up on the last threes pages of the thread. You two arfcommers were awesome for removing those junipers. Reta, that dream with Jeff in it sounded comforting.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 4:39:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#50]
Reta I wish you well. A video done by a high school kid as a project.
He said it took six months to do but most of the footage took only three.
Go full screen and turn up the speakers. Have a great night.
The Valley
Page / 208
REST IN PEACE (Page 200 of 208)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top