User Panel

Site Notices
REST IN PEACE (Page 4 of 208)
Page / 208
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:20:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:20:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't give up!!! Your son needs you, you can fight through this!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:21:07 AM EDT
[#3]
We all die.
Some just don't get to see their dreams fulfilled and their loved ones grow. This sucks for you.
As a believer, you have a choice to make.Will you show the love of Christ to everyone around you, or just lay there and slowly die?
Speak up. Face your mortality head on. Live your life as if you only have today.
Make an impact on those around you so deep, they won't have a choice but to remember you. You already have made an impact on me.

! Corinthians 15 has been talking to me lately.The thought that I will be planted in the ground like a seed, and something new and incorruptible will awaken when my savior comes to make all things new has been a real comfort to me. I hope it is to you as well.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:21:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I wish I knew what to say.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:21:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Toothpicksandkatchup] [#5]
Can't say much but keep your head up and best of luck! Hope everything goes well!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:22:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I will offer up a prayer for your well being and peace for you and your family. May the Good Lord hold and protect all of you in His loving arms
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:24:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Prayers sent.

Don't lose hope, there is always hope.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:24:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ARmory04:
How long are you gonna be in room 700 on the 7th floor?
View Quote

At least until Tuesday.....

Tomorrow.

I've been here since Friday getting Chemo., I need more. One of them seems to be working.......Rituxon....I think.

Maybe we can custom build a chemo dose that works for me. What I have is so rare it wasn't even documented until 2006
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:25:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Jaster:

Tell us a good embarrassing story! Something to make ya smile and us laugh.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fatalwishes:
Originally Posted By satcong:
Were you stationed at Hood? We are there now, prolly another2-3 years.

How you feeling this AM?

I'm still a little emotional.

Still needing that shoulder.......

Arfcom has really helped. I was able to share some good stories......it helped.

Ill have to think a bit of this one.....i've had a few embarrassing moments.......

I had to poop in a bottle while bow hunting one year.........that was interesting....
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:26:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Hell of a thing to wake up to

You and your family are in my prayers.  I really do not know what to say.  Do not give up man.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:27:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Quackhead923:

Prayers sent.

Don't lose hope, there is always hope.
View Quote

I like your Avatar.

I named my son Travis Wayne Reed.

Yup, after John Wayne. He needs to know why.

I need to get on that letter............John Wayne is the person I want him to look up to. The man I want him to be.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:28:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Would a hand written be better than typed?

I think it would be. I'm going to need a notebook and pen.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By flinch08:
I lost my father at 45. That letter, that letter will mean the world to that boy someday.

Godspeed, friend.

Either one is fine. if you can put more words down by typing then go ahead and type stuff out. Leave him some words of wisdom if you can, but don't stress over finding just the right things to say. Tell him about yourself, some stories from the various stages of your life. Tell him how much you care, about getting his feet fixed, about your hopes and expectations for him. Tell him about your proudest moments and mistakes you wish you hadn't made. Write from your heart. It most definitely will mean a great deal to that boy someday whether you pull through this or not.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:29:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Hang in there. It ain't over til it's over, and you aren't there.

Here's a stupid CSB for ya.

I was working at a resort, and being Az we obviously have many Hispanics with accents.  I worked security there, and one morning I was checking some doors. There was a Hispanic housekeeper working in the area. I told her I was there and was going to check some doors. She told me one was unlocked. I finished what I was doing, but had to use the restroom, so I went inside a vacant room to use the bathroom.

I flushed the toilet, which you can hear outside. When I left the room she was standing there, and asked me...."did you shake it?"  I turned red, and looked at her like wtf? She asked me again. "Did you shake it?"  I said uhhhhhh yeah, why would you ask me that?  She looked at me weird and said "I was just asking if you shaked the unlocked door."

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:32:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By adhahn:

Either one is fine. if you can put more words down by typing then go ahead and type stuff out. Leave him some words of wisdom if you can, but don't stress over finding just the right things to say. Tell him about yourself, some stories from the various stages of your life. Tell him how much you care, about getting his feet fixed, about your hopes and expectations for him. Tell him about your proudest moments and mistakes you wish you hadn't made. Write from your heart. It most definitely will mean a great deal to that boy someday whether you pull through this or not.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By adhahn:
Originally Posted By flinch08:
I lost my father at 45. That letter, that letter will mean the world to that boy someday.

Godspeed, friend.

II'll get on it as soon as I can. I need a good emotional cry out. I cant keep the tears out of my eyes right now. Too emotional....tired.....sad.

LOL they just weighed me

I've gained 16 lbs since Friday.

Wow that's lot of fluid build up. Can't bend my legs.......

You should see the amount of fluids they are putting in me.....
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:33:14 AM EDT
[#15]
prayers sent.  keep fighting.  good of you to give the family a break it is hell on them I know.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:33:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By dbmers:
Hang in there. It ain't over til it's over, and you aren't there.

Here's a stupid CSB for ya.

I was working at a resort, and being Az we obviously have many Hispanics with accents.  I worked security there, and one morning I was checking some doors. There was a Hispanic housekeeper working in the area. I told her I was there and was going to check some doors. She told me one was unlocked. I finished what I was doing, but had to use the restroom, so I went inside a vacant room to use the bathroom.

I flushed the toilet, which you can hear outside. When I left the room she was standing there, and asked me...."did you shake it?"  I turned red, and looked at her like wtf? She asked me again. "Did you shake it?"  I said uhhhhhh yeah, why would you ask me that?  She looked at me weird and said "I was just asking if you shaked the unlocked door."

View Quote

lol

asking a man if he shook it after he peed.........she had no idea.....lol

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:33:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:34:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Thoughts and prayers your way OP. I hope everything works out.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:34:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Wow. Tough read. Make/ me want to start driving when I can dry my eyes.

Stay strong, brother.

Do it. Do it.

Do it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:37:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Wow. I didn't expect this in the morning. You made me realize that so far my life has been pretty meaningless and that I need to change that. I always felt like I'd live forever, but everything can change so quickly.

I know I can't help with a shoulder, being so far, and that you probably don't want to hear about eating anything, but if he likes it, maybe I can ship some nice Swiss chocolate for you and your son to share !

If you accept it, please IM a shipping address !

Stay strong my friend. Don't give up the fight yet
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:38:36 AM EDT
[#21]
We are not how we die. Prayers sent. One vet to another - fight all the way.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:38:58 AM EDT
[#22]

Ill have to think a bit of this one.....i've had a few embarrassing moments.......

I had to poop in a bottle while bow hunting one year.........that was interesting....
View All Quotes

How you feeling this AM?

Hot coffee almost went everywhere!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:40:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Good looking son.  Prayer sent for you and family, God speed.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:40:47 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Sounds like one of those carnival games you can't win.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:41:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Holy shit, your thread just wrecked me.  I wish you and your family the best.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:41:53 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

How you feeling this AM?

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:42:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: satcong] [#27]
I can put in 20 bucks toward that rifle. PM me w/instructions.
Edit: Don't want to turn this into any kind of debate. I just want to send you/drop off this book I read by a neurologist that went into a very bad coma and recovered. There's a possibility that we all come back. The good news is that your love of hunting will continue into your next life. Hopefully.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/09/eben-alexander-harvard-neurosurgeon-proof-of-heaven-afterlife-coma_n_1951475.html

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:45:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Stay strong and keep posting here my friend.  All your arfcom friends are here with you.  Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:46:08 AM EDT
[#29]
OP, so sorry to hear about this.  

Everyone else, sounds like the guy has got guns and I'm sure his son will be getting them.  An account set up in his sons name for college might be better....just as a thought.  Of course, all that would have go get cleared through site staff.  Not sure if we can do that kind of thing here anymore.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:47:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Payers for you and your family.  My wife works in Oncology, many sad stories but also many happy ones. Heres to your being a happy one.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:47:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Jeff, if you're going to be writing a letter, I think recording your voice with a little message for you wife, and for your son on cassette would be great as well. I think you're going to make it, but we never truly know.

It is something that you can seal in a padded envelope and given to your wife to open even in 20 to 50 years.

My parents and my sister's voices are something I would love to hear just one more time. A cassette would have been a wonderful thing to have. We never think of those things. I do believe that I am going to make something for my son, and give it to my friend so that he can keep it and give it to him.

I had a digital recording of my father calling me about looking for my son a Christmas present, and asking me to come over and eat some biscuits with him. It was on my answering machine. He had a stroke and could no longer talk a day or two later. He passed a year ago last June. I played that thing over and over. I had to cut the power off to that house, and in doing so, I lost the recording so far as I know.

But, like I said, in one year, or in 60 years, those that love you will want nothing more than to hear you say "I love you."

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:47:51 AM EDT
[#32]
You are a true inspiration.  Praying for a miracle, and they do happen often.  

I really want to look back on this thread a year or two from now, and see some updated photos of the day you leave the hospital and get started on all you want and need to do.  Stay strong and beat this monster!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By TacticalMOLONLABE:

View All Quotes

How you feeling this AM?

Well I had to go.......

There were deer about 75 yards away.....I couldn't get out of the stand.....I had a buddy hunting behind me and I didn't want to run off the deer.

I so took my water bottle......looked at it....cut the top off with my knife. I held it as long as  I could............and well...........

I um.........good thing I had a bandana as well.

Sacrificed it to ol' glory.

Shit in the bottle.......took the bandana .....cleaned up.....capped it..........and waited. Fucking deer went the wrong way. Wonder if it had something to do with the smell??

I'm almost 30ft in in the air......

Surely..........oh well.

I buried that bottle of shit and bandana when I got out of that tree........

Thank god for wide bottles.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:49:03 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm very, very sorry to hear what's up, dude. We're all pullin' for you.

I know it all seems like a dripping shit sandwich right now, but it's true that the Lord works in mysterious ways. If it's your time (or, even if it's not), have Faith that it's all part of the plan and a greater good will come from whatever happens. (I might add that I lost my brother a few years ago from pancreatic cancer. He died with my next to him, holding his hand and doing my best to softly croak out his favorite tunes. Believe me: I understand what you're going through.)

It seems like you're resigned. That's a double-edgd sword. Continue to fight as long as you feel is appropriate - and surrender when it's time. Keep your family close and talk to them - and have them talk to you too. There will be things they need to tell you, but they might not (for a host of reasons) and they'll regret it later. Encourage them now, while you can. Okay?

I'm sure you have your shit together and your "affairs in order", as they say. But, what you might consider doing (instead of spending too much time here) is to write your family; saying all the things you may not get a chance to say later. Written, your words will be something they can have and hold onto, forever - to always keep you close and remember. Spoken, they fade over time, but written . . . words have power and you can affect futures in ways you can't imagine, now. And if there's something you hope someone will do (for you or, for themselves) include that, too.

It'll be hard, no doubt. But, you can provide comfort . . . pride and drive . . . motivation . . . and help eliminate regret (especially - for all), by what you say in such a letter. I hope you understand what I mean. You can "discuss" the things that would prove extremely difficult in person. You know?

I will pray for you, bro. There's power in that too and I hope you will pray for yourself - and your family (I have no idea if you're a man of Faith or not, but now's the time for it.). When it's time, find satisfaction in a life well-lived. Stay positive and allow yourself to feel contentment, peace and hope. There is an entire universe (maybe several) for you to explore! You'll know when it's time and when that time has come and fighting on is too painful and futile . . . fly, my friend. Soar into and through the light. Let it envelope you, becoming part of you - and you part of it.

When it's time and not a moment before. Until then, I pray you'll stay strong and fight - and know we're all there with you in spirit, to give you strength!

Godspeed and good luck.

Sincerely and respectfully,
Danny  aka: F11B
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:49:09 AM EDT
[#35]

Originally Posted By clinteastwood:

Stay strong and keep posting here my friend. All your arfcom friends are here with you. Prayers sent.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:49:20 AM EDT
[#36]
I have been through horrors and survived.
There are times and events in your life that test you.
You must not give up. God has a plan for you and He is not done.
Pray, pray not out of fear but rather for your future with your son and wife.
I would say write that letter to your son, but not for the reason after death..but to be able to share with him in the future what you went through and how you fought it.
The only reason I'm alive today and have survived my troubles is because someone told me to never give up.
I lost my family, was paralyzed in a wheelchair and homeless for two years. I overcame that. I had major surgery on my pancreas with little chance of survival..yet I overcame that. 8 months ago I had heart failure, lost my business and am facing being homeless yet again after ten years enjoying a sucsessful business.
Yet I will not give up.
Don't take this wrong, your handle is not a positive one. Attitude and a belief that all things are possible through God will get you through this.
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:49:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Dang it, Jeff! The pic of your son made me cry. I am not afraid to admit it. Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:49:45 AM EDT
[#38]
"You are not here to stay, we will teach you many things, but you will go back."
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:53:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:
I'm very, very sorry to hear what's up, dude. We're all pullin' for you.

I know it all seems like a dripping shit sandwich right now, but it's true that the Lord works in mysterious ways. If it's your time (or, even if it's not), have Faith that it's all part of the plan and a greater good will come from whatever happens. (I might add that I lost my brother a few years ago from pancreatic cancer. He died with my next to him, holding his hand and doing my best to softly croak out his favorite tunes. Believe me: I understand what you're going through.)

It seems like you're resigned. That's a double-edgd sword. Continue to fight as long as you feel is appropriate - and surrender when it's time. Keep your family close and talk to them - and have them talk to you too. There will be things they need to tell you, but they might not (for a host of reasons) and they'll regret it later. Encourage them now, while you can. Okay?

I'm sure you have your shit together and your "affairs in order", as they say. But, what you might consider doing (instead of spending too much time here) is to write your family; saying all the things you may not get a chance to say later. Written, your words will be something they can have and hold onto, forever - to always keep you close and remember. Spoken, they fade over time, but written . . . words have power and you can affect futures in ways you can't imagine, now. And if there's something you hope someone will do (for you or, for themselves) include that, too.

It'll be hard, no doubt. But, you can provide comfort . . . pride and drive . . . motivation . . . and help eliminate regret (especially - for all), by what you say in such a letter. I hope you understand what I mean. You can "discuss" the things that would prove extremely difficult in person. You know?

I will pray for you, bro. There's power in that too and I hope you will pray for yourself - and your family (I have no idea if you're a man of Faith or not, but now's the time for it.). When it's time, find satisfaction in a life well-lived. Stay positive and allow yourself to feel contentment, peace and hope. There is an entire universe (maybe several) for you to explore! You'll know when it's time and when that time has come and fighting on is too painful and futile . . . fly, my friend. Soar into and through the light. Let it envelope you, becoming part of you - and you part of it.

When it's time and not a moment before. Until then, I pray you'll stay strong and fight - and know we're all there with you in spirit, to give you strength!

Godspeed and good luck.

Sincerely and respectfully,
Danny  aka: F11B
View Quote

There are no aitheists in fox holes.So I am a man of faith.

I'm in a foxhole and the shells are raining down around me......I'm praying to every body,
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:54:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By woofum:
I have been through horrors and survived.
There are times and events in your life that test you.
You must not give up. God has a plan for you and He is not done.
Pray, pray not out of fear but rather for your future with your son and wife.
I would say write that letter to your son, but not for the reason after death..but to be able to share with him in the future what you went through and how you fought it.
The only reason I'm alive today and have survived my troubles is because someone told me to never give up.
I lost my family, was paralyzed in a wheelchair and homeless for two years. I overcame that. I had major surgery on my pancreas with little chance of survival..yet I overcame that. 8 months ago I had heart failure, lost my business and am facing being homeless yet again after ten years enjoying a sucsessful business.
Yet I will not give up.
Don't take this wrong, your handle is not a positive one. Attitude and a belief that all things are possible through God will get you through this.
Prayers sent.
View Quote

wow....tough.

If you can make it so can I.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:55:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By JZee30:
Don't give up!!! Your son needs you, you can fight through this!
View Quote

Yes, you better not give up.
Nothing is impossible.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:58:19 AM EDT
[#42]

Yes I'm prepared. I've accepted Jesus in my heart as my savior.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By a-bare:
I'll pray for you.
Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your savior?

It's not hard to do...........Ask to see a Christian minister of any denomination.

But you can do it by yourself if you choose.

Yes I'm prepared. I've accepted Jesus in my heart as my savior.

This is the most important thing for your soul. DON"T GIVE UP! Take any chance you get, not matter how slim. I'll be praying for you my brother. Immerse yourself in the word.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:58:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Icopy:
Dang it, Jeff! The pic of your son made me cry. I am not afraid to admit it. Prayers sent.
View Quote

I know I have to fight. He needs his Dad.

He's so young and sweet natured. He knows Dad is sick but does not know how sick.

I'm not sure he will understand dying yet.....
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:59:48 AM EDT
[#44]
You can and WILL make it through this. God bless you.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:59:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Get hospice on board asap if you haven't already. Hospice isn't what it used to be... a place to give up and die. Many organizations provide concurrent hospice care with oncology treatment. Getting hospice doesn't mean you are giving up, it means focusing on what is important... family and living. It has been proven that cancer patients who received hospice care with chemotherapy live longer more enjoyable lives than those who don't use hospice.

<---- Hospice RN
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:01:13 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm praying for you this morning...from a nobody in Tulsa who cares.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:01:44 AM EDT
[#47]

I will say a prayer for you and your Family, I'm happy to read that you gave your heart to Jesus. Stay strong friend!  

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:02:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Prayers sent.

Do not give up
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:02:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Praying for you bud!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:03:05 AM EDT
[#50]

Well I had to go.......

There were deer about 75 yards away.....I couldn't get out of the stand.....I had a buddy hunting behind me and I didn't want to run off the deer.

I so took my water bottle......looked at it....cut the top off with my knife. I held it as long as  I could............and well...........

Shit in the bottle.......took the bandana .....cleaned up.....capped it..........and waited. Fucking deer went the wrong way. Wonder if it had something to do with the smell??

Surely..........oh well.

View All Quotes

Well I had to go.......

Surely..........oh well.

Poop thread LOL

More funny stories!

Page / 208
REST IN PEACE (Page 4 of 208)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top