Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2010 8:00:16 PM EDT
This was posted over in the FL hometown forum: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=404856&page=1

The OP:

Originally Posted By ATACORION:
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the passing of one of our own.
Dennis Barnello left us on Monday April 5th around noon in Jacksonville FL.
Let me start by telling you a little bit about Dennis. Dennis proudly served his country as an Aviation Electronics Technician in the Navy stationed aboard Patrol Squadron 8 (The Fighting Tigers) at NAS JAX. Dennis was and Airman in what is known as the "tron" shop, trons are responsible for troubleshooting and repairing sophisticated weapon, communication and navigation systems on board Navy and USMC aircraft, his particular platform was the P-3 Orion, which most of you Jax arfcommers know all to well. I served in VP-8 but unfortunentally transfered out before Dennis came aboard, I did however meet him through this site. I eventually turned him onto FDCC and he was a participant many times over the last year, his Father also accompanied him on most shoots. They loved FDCC as it was really the only shooting of that type around.Both their screen names escape me at this moment, I apologize for this. Hopefully some of you will recall his face.
It was a tragic loss for the squadron and the base as a whole and we are all taking stock of the situation and our prayers are with his Family. He was 22 years old and is survived by his wife and parents. Dennis Grew up to my knowledge in Ft. Walton Beach FL and will be dearly missed.
Many of you may recall the Traffic accident on Route 17/Roosevelt Blvd that stopped traffic on Monday for many hours and had the Life flight Helo brought into medivac the injured. The investigation is ongoing so I will not get into details.

I guess I'll just end this by saying Dennis we take care of our own and your family will be cared for by the Best Squadron around, Rest easy brother, we have the watch. See you some day, I'll crank off a few rounds in your honor and crack a cold one to you aswell. Trons forever brother.
Tiger !!! Tiger!!!!

I am asking that the next FDCC be dedicated to Dennis.      Rob/Norm

Update his screen name was KABAdeadeye.

Post from his Dad:

Originally Posted By Kaba:
This is Dennis's Dad. I would like to thank ATACORION for the wonderful write-up on my son. I think I may have met you at FDCC last year. I would like to thank everyone for their blessings. As you probably can imagine this is a very difficult time for our family, but I would not be respectful to Dennis's memory if I didn't log here and tell you what a wonderful son Dennis is. He loved our time shooting together. I even built him his first AR as a gift for his return from the sandbox. He Loved, and was loved by His beautiful wife, mother, sisters and the rest of his large family. I already miss my son tremendously and not really sure what to do without his presence. Once again thanks for all the wonderful words.  For any anyone interested, There will be a memorial service for Dennis on Monday, April 12th(not sure of time yet) at the Emerald Coast funeral home on Racetrack Rd in Fort Walton Beach, after Dennis will be transported to Barrancas National Cemetery in Pensacola for a full military honors ceremony.

David Barnello
Proud Pop

P.S. Dennis's username is KABAdeadeye

Link Posted: 4/7/2010 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Never good to lose one of our own... RIP brother and my condolences to the family, prayers sent.
Link Posted: 1/20/2011 10:55:02 PM EDT
[#2]
RIP brother, thanks for your service.
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 4:32:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 2:59:08 AM EDT
[#4]
RIP brother
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#5]
We all miss you son. Birthday's are very tough.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top