• Location USA USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Basic
  • Joined May 2006
  • Posts 39408
  • Location USA USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Posted: 1/17/2014 9:32:01 PM EST
Has anyone here who attended SHOT enquired into whether runs of 9mm and .22LR ammunition will be done soon by any of the manufacturers? What are the manufacturers saying about production output?

5.56/.223 is now readily available here, but .22LR and 9mm are still a pain to find.
Basic
  • Joined Apr 2004
  • Posts 73
  • Location USA TX, USA
Offline Positive Feedback
Basic
  • Joined Apr 2004
  • Posts 73
  • Location USA TX, USA
Posted: 1/17/2014 10:42:19 PM EST
MAN you got that right. It has been a year now and 22 is still NOT easy to find or when you do find it people are marking it up to make money.
Basic
  • Joined May 2006
  • Posts 39416
  • Location USA USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Basic
  • Joined May 2006
  • Posts 39416
  • Location USA USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Posted: 1/17/2014 10:53:51 PM EST
I wish I saw 1/10th as many companies announce ammunition lines as there were that announced new firearms lines.

We really need more ammunition to keep our ranks growing. If folks can't shoot they will not buy firearms...just that simple. Ammunition has to be readily available and inexpensive to promote the rest of the industry.
Basic
  • Joined Feb 2003
  • Posts 319
  • Location USA UT, USA
Basic
  • Joined Feb 2003
  • Posts 319
  • Location USA UT, USA
Posted: 1/17/2014 11:20:17 PM EST
A Hornady rep told me that their ammunition production is up by 40%, but demand is up 200%. I don't know if those numbers are similar at Remington, Speer, or Winchester, but I'm guessing they are. More manufacturers are going to have to get into the market or demand will have to decrease before we see anything 'normal'.
Basic
  • Joined May 2006
  • Posts 39434
  • Location USA USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Basic
  • Joined May 2006
  • Posts 39434
  • Location USA USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Posted: 1/18/2014 12:01:21 AM EST
Any mention of material shortages or was it all just inability to have production capacity meet demand?

I mean at this point I'd welcome foreign companies importing more into the US.
Gold
  • Joined Mar 2007
  • Posts 18773
  • Location SOM SOM
Gold
  • Joined Mar 2007
  • Posts 18773
  • Location SOM SOM
Posted: 1/18/2014 12:14:22 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SilentType:
I wish I saw 1/10th as many companies announce ammunition lines as there were that announced new firearms lines.

We really need more ammunition to keep our ranks growing. If folks can't shoot they will not buy firearms...just that simple. Ammunition has to be readily available and inexpensive to promote the rest of the industry.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Lots of the fresh blood in the gun world aren't buying guns to actually shoot them... Just sayin'.

Just like most people who own guns don't actually shoot them annually.

Any mention of material shortages or was it all just inability to have production capacity meet demand?

You do know that demand is sky high, right? Ammo makers have been running extra shifts (a few running three shifts, when they have the needed components) for a long time now. They are doing everything reasonable to fill what they see as a temporary increase in demand.

I mean at this point I'd welcome foreign companies importing more into the US.

A huge amount of rimfire ammo is imported... The majority if I recall correctly.
<font color=red>Fre</font id=red><font color=white>akz</font id=white><font color=blue>illa</font id=blue> Died Fo <font color=red>Fre</font id=red><font color=white>ed</font id=white><font color=blue>om.</font id=blue>
IP
  • Joined Oct 2008
  • Posts 6717
  • Location USA KY, USA
IP
  • Joined Oct 2008
  • Posts 6717
  • Location USA KY, USA
Posted: 1/18/2014 5:47:40 AM EST
Gamaliel Shooting Supply

http://www.facebook.com/GamalielShootingSupply
http://twitter.com/GamalielShoot
www.gamaliel.com
Bronze
  • Joined Oct 2012
  • Posts 578
  • Location USA USA
Bronze
  • Joined Oct 2012
  • Posts 578
  • Location USA USA
Posted: 1/18/2014 6:03:21 AM EST
There's no shortage on 9mm.
Bronze
  • Joined Feb 2007
  • Posts 5469
  • Location USA MN, USA
Bronze
  • Joined Feb 2007
  • Posts 5469
  • Location USA MN, USA
Posted: 1/18/2014 7:17:41 AM EST
At federal we average 4.5 million rounds of 22lr made and packed every 24 hr period, 24/7. Last week we did 5.2 million one period (unusual). That's just the Anoka plant. Think of all the other foreign and domestic produced 22. People are just scared and hoarding--which is OK by me. Just like rice how many years ago? People who never bought rice had a sack in their homes like a talisman. I know people who never shoot who want 22lr.

Basic
  • Joined Nov 2013
  • Posts 87
  • Location USA TX, USA
Basic
  • Joined Nov 2013
  • Posts 87
  • Location USA TX, USA
Posted: 1/18/2014 7:21:32 AM EST
Originally Posted By PCBliss:
View Quote

Gold
  • Joined Mar 2001
  • Posts 5355
  • Location USA AR, USA
Gold
  • Joined Mar 2001
  • Posts 5355
  • Location USA AR, USA
Posted: 1/18/2014 1:05:28 PM EST
Remington is cranking out more 22LR than ever
They have just spent $32 million to make more here in Arkansas
Basic
  • Joined Nov 2012
  • Posts 9
  • Location USA OK, USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Basic
  • Joined Nov 2012
  • Posts 9
  • Location USA OK, USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Posted: 1/18/2014 10:39:11 PM EST
My local Wal-mart has 9mm and 40 S&W stacked to the ceiling. 22LR not so much. You can still find it if you look hard enough.
Basic
  • Joined Jan 2012
  • Posts 1200
  • Location USA NC, USA
Basic
  • Joined Jan 2012
  • Posts 1200
  • Location USA NC, USA
Posted: 1/18/2014 10:54:52 PM EST
22lr shortage is easy to understand, all other ammo prices are way too high, so people don't buy and shoot them, they all switched to buy and shoot 22lr which is cheaper. to solve the problem, either lower other ammo prices, or make more 22lr, or raises 22lr price as well
Basic
  • Joined May 2006
  • Posts 39454
  • Location USA USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Basic
  • Joined May 2006
  • Posts 39454
  • Location USA USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Posted: 1/19/2014 9:40:06 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/19/2014 9:41:37 PM EST by SilentType]
Originally Posted By TexasRifleman1985:

Lots of the fresh blood in the gun world aren't buying guns to actually shoot them... Just sayin'.
View All Quotes

I don't have firm data at hand, but it certainly appears to me that there are more firearms instruction courses and greater participation in firearms competition than at any point in recent history. I believe those competitions and courses are a draw for people to purchase firearms.

Just like most people who own guns don't actually shoot them annually.

I don't know if that's true or not. However, I do know that record numbers of people are going through the NICS background checks and I assume as the number of firearms owners grow so to does the number of people who actually fire their firearms annually even if the percentage remains roughly the same. In my State we continue to see large numbers of people obtaining licenses to concealed carry and that means they are attending the required course and shooting the required 100 rounds.

You do know that demand is sky high, right? Ammo makers have been running extra shifts (a few running three shifts, when they have the needed components) for a long time now. They are doing everything reasonable to fill what they see as a temporary increase in demand.

I assume demand is sky high. I assume it has been sky high for some time now since as someone how actually shoots his firearms I have seen ammunition steadily rise in price while being told that the manufacturers are adding shifts to increase production output. The recent extreme demand may not continue, but I think demand will continue to steadily climb. The "new normal" in terms of ammunition demand is just going to be more than it was in 2011.

Basic
  • Joined May 2006
  • Posts 39455
  • Location USA USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Basic
  • Joined May 2006
  • Posts 39455
  • Location USA USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Posted: 1/19/2014 9:42:40 PM EST
Originally Posted By Malitov:
My local Wal-mart has 9mm and 40 S&W stacked to the ceiling. 22LR not so much. You can still find it if you look hard enough.
View Quote

That's not the case here unfortunately with 9mm. We do have 40 S&W available, but I wouldn't say it was stacked to the ceiling just yet.
omd
I would post more but I'm too busy shooting
Gold
  • Joined Jul 2005
  • Posts 1223
  • Location USA TX, USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Gold
  • Joined Jul 2005
  • Posts 1223
  • Location USA TX, USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Posted: 1/20/2014 5:22:48 PM EST
Right now, based on industry orders and reports, it looks like it will be after the 2nd quarter of 2015 before the ammo binge is over. That's barring any new events spiking demand again.
You see, the danger to America is not a single politician with ill intent. The most dangerous thing any nation faces is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them. Andy Andrews
Bronze
  • Joined May 2012
  • Posts 2784
  • Location USA FL, USA
Bronze
  • Joined May 2012
  • Posts 2784
  • Location USA FL, USA
Posted: 1/20/2014 5:46:54 PM EST
OP: Do you now not feel comfortable for some reason with lets say five bricks in the cabinet? I know that before the madness if I had two bricks in the cabinet I would be fine with that till I got down to half a brick I would go get more. With the way things are now no matter what I pick up my allowance of three boxes or one brick whatever the place of business delegates. I know I am not alone call it hording if you want, but when I see it I purchase it. I cant sit up at wally world every morning or whatever so when it's else where I grab it. This time last year there was hardly any 5.56 to come by now it's everywhere I go. Hopefully it will all level off, but it wont till everyone like me quits impulse buying for the if question.
Originally Posted By SigChef:
Does your wife or girlfriend stop ovulating when you're not around?
Bronze
  • Joined Feb 2001
  • Posts 5433
  • Location USA OH, USA
Bronze
  • Joined Feb 2001
  • Posts 5433
  • Location USA OH, USA
Posted: 1/20/2014 8:57:36 PM EST
Originally Posted By ChickenDaddy:
At federal we average 4.5 million rounds of 22lr made and packed every 24 hr period, 24/7. Last week we did 5.2 million one period (unusual). That's just the Anoka plant. Think of all the other foreign and domestic produced 22. People are just scared and hoarding--which is OK by me. Just like rice how many years ago? People who never bought rice had a sack in their homes like a talisman. I know people who never shoot who want 22lr.
View Quote

that's crankin it out! I'm surprised an offshore company hasn't built a plant here? down southeast
Practically practical.
Bronze
  • Joined Mar 2007
  • Posts 1567
  • Location USA AZ, USA
Bronze
  • Joined Mar 2007
  • Posts 1567
  • Location USA AZ, USA
Posted: 1/20/2014 10:12:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By 13starsinax:
OP: Do you now not feel comfortable for some reason with lets say five bricks in the cabinet? I know that before the madness if I had two bricks in the cabinet I would be fine with that till I got down to half a brick I would go get more. With the way things are now no matter what I pick up my allowance of three boxes or one brick whatever the place of business delegates. I know I am not alone call it hording if you want, but when I see it I purchase it. I cant sit up at wally world every morning or whatever so when it's else where I grab it. This time last year there was hardly any 5.56 to come by now it's everywhere I go. Hopefully it will all level off, but it wont till everyone like me quits impulse buying for the if question.
View Quote

Normally I am fine with two to five bricks at home. But normally there is fifty plus cases at work to replace it with. Basically been out of stock on 22LR for the last year. Where there is nothing on the shelf at work, I want at least two cases at home. Trouble is I shoot the stuff. Between myself, my wife, and our boys, with no special effort on any ones part, cases of 22LR disappear. I mean just evaporate. A couple of bricks means we are out of ammo.
Lifetime Member
  • Joined Feb 2005
  • Posts 1477
  • Location USA USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Lifetime Member
  • Joined Feb 2005
  • Posts 1477
  • Location USA USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Posted: 1/21/2014 9:22:31 PM EST
Originally Posted By PAPPYO:

that's crankin it out! I'm surprised an offshore company hasn't built a plant here? down southeast
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PAPPYO:

That is only 10,400 bricks or 208 bricks per state.
Bronze
  • Joined Feb 2007
  • Posts 5473
  • Location USA MN, USA
Bronze
  • Joined Feb 2007
  • Posts 5473
  • Location USA MN, USA
Posted: 1/22/2014 8:23:09 AM EST
PER DAY.

Basic
  • Joined Jan 2002
  • Posts 9786
  • Location USA WI, USA
Basic
  • Joined Jan 2002
  • Posts 9786
  • Location USA WI, USA
Military
Posted: 1/22/2014 12:16:12 PM EST
With current availability of rimfire ammo I haven't been able to buy a brick for a year and haven't shot a single round of rimfire ammo the whole time.
Bronze
  • Joined Mar 2001
  • Posts 12296
  • Location USA WI, USA
Bronze
  • Joined Mar 2001
  • Posts 12296
  • Location USA WI, USA
Posted: 1/23/2014 8:27:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/23/2014 8:31:22 PM EST by 9divdoc]
Originally Posted By ARMED-PILOT:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PAPPYO:http://www.ar15.com/forums/manageReply.html?a=modify&b=1&f=150&t=1581945&r=45265500&page=1#

thats about 3.33 bricks per county per day in WI
or
4.44 bricks per Walmart per day in WI (if Walmart got all the ammo and no one else did)
Without God,America Doesn't Have A Prayer.
Basic
  • Joined Jan 2002
  • Posts 9787
  • Location USA WI, USA
Basic
  • Joined Jan 2002
  • Posts 9787
  • Location USA WI, USA
Military
Posted: 1/24/2014 10:34:18 AM EST
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:

or
4.44 bricks per Walmart per day in WI (if Walmart got all the ammo and no one else did)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PAPPYO:http://www.ar15.com/forums/manageReply.html?a=modify&b=1&f=150&t=1581945&r=45265500&page=1#

or

There are two walmarts in my county (waukesha) so that's 1.66 bricks per day or roughly 550 per year and both stores serve about 200000 customers so if even 20% shot that's 40000 customers with 550 bricks. No wonder the ammo is impossible to find.
Gold
  • Joined Mar 2007
  • Posts 18787
  • Location SOM SOM
Gold
  • Joined Mar 2007
  • Posts 18787
  • Location SOM SOM
Posted: 1/24/2014 7:24:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By Green0:

There are two walmarts in my county (waukesha) so that's 1.66 bricks per day or roughly 550 per year and both stores serve about 200000 customers so if even 20% shot that's 40000 customers with 550 bricks. No wonder the ammo is impossible to find.
View All Quotes

or

You do realize that's just Federal, right? Not Winchester, Remington, CCI, Aguila, etc?

Furthermore, far less than 20% of the populace shoots.
<font color=red>Fre</font id=red><font color=white>akz</font id=white><font color=blue>illa</font id=blue> Died Fo <font color=red>Fre</font id=red><font color=white>ed</font id=white><font color=blue>om.</font id=blue>
Bronze
  • Joined Mar 2013
  • Posts 492
  • Location USA MN, USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Bronze
  • Joined Mar 2013
  • Posts 492
  • Location USA MN, USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Posted: 1/24/2014 11:30:05 PM EST
There is plenty of .22 ammo available on gunbot.net if your willing to pay $$$$$$$ .15-.60 CPR.
Basic
  • Joined May 2006
  • Posts 39480
  • Location USA USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Basic
  • Joined May 2006
  • Posts 39480
  • Location USA USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Posted: 1/25/2014 8:44:51 PM EST
Problem is that new shooters such as women and children are introduced to firearms through using those chambered in .22 LR.

In my opinion,if that isn't readily available and inexpensive you will not see the small clubs that help instruct children active and it will be more difficult to get women into the sport.

As far as 20% of shooters actually using their firearms I think that's a bullshit numbered pulled from thin air. Even if it was true though according to the NICS numbers more background checks are being conducted every year, which is a good indication the number of gun owners is climbing. We can also look at the number of concealed carry licenses being issued and see that each year more and more people are obtaining them. It would certainly seem that the number of people owning firearms is increasing. So, that 20% number grows and grows.
Basic
  • Joined May 2008
  • Posts 489
  • Location USA MI, USA
Basic
  • Joined May 2008
  • Posts 489
  • Location USA MI, USA
Posted: 1/25/2014 11:31:13 PM EST
I've completely given up on the .22LR round. I actually work full time so I don't have time to run around to stores all day to find a box, a brick or a bucket here or there.

Everyone seems to be doing that so I see plenty of it for sale on gun forums if you want to spend $60~80.00 per 500 rounds or $200+ for a Bucket-o-bullets.

I've sold my dedicated CMMG .22LR upper, my CMMG .22LR conversion, my GSG-MP5 .22LR, and both of my Ruger 22/45 pistols.

The average going price for .22LR around here is $6~8.00 per 50 rounds, for a couple bucks more I can have a 50 round box of 9mm and NOT have to run all over looking for it. Plus .223/5.56 is EASY to get for around $5.00 dollars a box.

Some day I'll invest in another .22LR I'm sure but for right now, blah whats the point.
Bronze
  • Joined Feb 2001
  • Posts 2379
  • Location USA PA, USA
Bronze
  • Joined Feb 2001
  • Posts 2379
  • Location USA PA, USA
Posted: 1/26/2014 11:12:57 AM EST
http://gunbot.net/ammo/rimfire/22lr/

http://www.wikiarms.com/

Buy It Cheap!
Stack It Deep!
Basic
  • Joined Nov 2013
  • Posts 10
  • Location USA AL, USA
Basic
  • Joined Nov 2013
  • Posts 10
  • Location USA AL, USA
Posted: 2/7/2014 7:05:36 PM EST
How long after a year does one term something short term demand? Sounds like opportunity to me for some enterprising group.
Gold
  • Joined Mar 2007
  • Posts 18912
  • Location SOM SOM
Gold
  • Joined Mar 2007
  • Posts 18912
  • Location SOM SOM
Posted: 2/7/2014 10:59:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By nigla:
How long after a year does one term something short term demand? Sounds like opportunity to me for some enterprising group.
View Quote

When the lead times for the machines to make the product are measured in years, requiring years of profitable use thereafter to justify their purchase, short term is not so short.
Patron State of Shootin' Stuff
Bronze
  • Joined Jan 2012
  • Posts 2041
  • Location USA TN, USA
Bronze
  • Joined Jan 2012
  • Posts 2041
  • Location USA TN, USA
Posted: 1/19/2015 3:25:18 PM EST

When the lead times for the machines to make the product are measured in years, requiring years of profitable use thereafter to justify their purchase, short term is not so short.
View All Quotes

This plus you can add at least another year after delivery to hire and train personnel, install the machines, and get them running at full capacity.

The ROI sucks when you factor that the ammo price will return to $0.03/rd street price way before you can even produce the first round.
Question...
Lifetime Member
  • Joined Nov 2007
  • Posts 6492
  • Location USA WY, USA
Lifetime Member
  • Joined Nov 2007
  • Posts 6492
  • Location USA WY, USA
Posted: 1/19/2015 3:38:49 PM EST
I use wikiarms and get alerts constantly for .05/round
"I enjoy the female form and I consider this a victimless crime that provides both comfort and distraction"
Basic
  • Joined Nov 2000
  • Posts 20327
  • Location USA TX, USA
Online Positive Feedback
Basic
  • Joined Nov 2000
  • Posts 20327
  • Location USA TX, USA
Online Positive Feedback
Posted: 1/19/2015 4:14:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/19/2015 4:15:29 PM EST by Will]

View All Quotes

While that is certainly true....Newtown and the subsequent madness was TWO YEARS ago and counting......I don't see the demand slackening before Three or Four years have passed....Do you?
Basic
  • Joined Sep 2006
  • Posts 432
  • Location USA NE, USA
Basic
  • Joined Sep 2006
  • Posts 432
  • Location USA NE, USA
Posted: 1/19/2015 9:18:13 PM EST
You guys know you are posting in a thread from last year right? This horse died two years ago.
Bronze
  • Joined Mar 2001
  • Posts 16657
  • Location USA WI, USA
Bronze
  • Joined Mar 2001
  • Posts 16657
  • Location USA WI, USA
Posted: 1/20/2015 12:59:03 PM EST
Originally Posted By aedavis:
A Hornady rep told me that their ammunition production is up by 40%, but demand is up 200%. I don't know if those numbers are similar at Remington, Speer, or Winchester, but I'm guessing they are. More manufacturers are going to have to get into the market or demand will have to decrease before we see anything 'normal'.
View Quote

Rimfire is going to go hogwild this year with the rifles offered in 17 WSM
Without God,America Doesn't Have A Prayer.
Team Member
Gold
  • Joined Oct 2003
  • Posts 16867
  • Location USA OK, USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Gold
  • Joined Oct 2003
  • Posts 16867
  • Location USA OK, USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
NRA
Posted: 1/20/2015 3:48:22 PM EST
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt
Site Staff http://mp-pistol.com/boards/
NRA Life
Amateur Radio WB5ONL
Bronze
  • Joined Nov 2013
  • Posts 322
  • Location USA WI, USA
Bronze
  • Joined Nov 2013
  • Posts 322
  • Location USA WI, USA
Posted: 1/20/2015 4:46:50 PM EST
i can find 9mm all day
Bronze
  • Joined Nov 2013
  • Posts 323
  • Location USA WI, USA
Bronze
  • Joined Nov 2013
  • Posts 323
  • Location USA WI, USA
Posted: 1/20/2015 4:50:44 PM EST

View All Quotes

or

there are 3 walmarts in your county....Delafield, Pewaukee, and Waukesha
"Gumbercules? I love that guy!"
Bronze
  • Joined Oct 2013
  • Posts 2573
  • Location USA KY, USA
Bronze
  • Joined Oct 2013
  • Posts 2573
  • Location USA KY, USA
Posted: 1/20/2015 4:53:22 PM EST
Originally Posted By trackstarpre:
i can find 9mm all day
View Quote

Yeah, this thread is a year old.

The only reason that 22 is hard to come by is that we have been conditioned to by it as soon as we see it. If everyone would stop buying for two weeks we would be in much better shape.
If you aren't representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Bronze
  • Joined Dec 2009
  • Posts 4091
  • Location USA WA, USA
Bronze
  • Joined Dec 2009
  • Posts 4091
  • Location USA WA, USA
Posted: 1/20/2015 6:47:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

The only reason that 22 is hard to come by is that we have been conditioned to by it as soon as we see it. If everyone would stop buying for two weeks we would be in much better shape.
View All Quotes
i can find 9mm all day

It is so high because it is being sold at a cost BELOW what the demand would dictate. People buy that shit up just to sell it. .22 prices need to go up from the manufacturer all the way to the retailer until these dip shits can't make any money off it.
Basic
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Posts 2493
  • Location USA KY, USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Basic
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Posts 2493
  • Location USA KY, USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Posted: 1/20/2015 8:01:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By PCBliss:
View Quote

Yeah I have some at my local Walmart most days........ .22 I have score 2 boxes in the last year and half
BRD sufferering كافر
Gold
  • Joined Dec 2005
  • Posts 3741
  • Location USA TX, USA
Gold
  • Joined Dec 2005
  • Posts 3741
  • Location USA TX, USA
NRA
Posted: 1/21/2015 8:23:14 PM EST
I've shot more Wolf .223 than .22 over the last year.
NRA Patron Member

dfwlabrescue.org

Все либералы киски
Bronze
  • Joined Feb 2013
  • Posts 5999
  • Location TUV TUV
Offline Neutral Feedback
Bronze
  • Joined Feb 2013
  • Posts 5999
  • Location TUV TUV
Offline Neutral Feedback
Posted: 1/21/2015 10:18:38 PM EST
Originally Posted By jh1990:

It is so high because it is being sold at a cost BELOW what the demand would dictate. People buy that shit up just to sell it. .22 prices need to go up from the manufacturer all the way to the retailer until these dip shits can't make any money off it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jh1990:
i can find 9mm all day

cuz thatll work once the manufactures see how much more money they are making
Basic
  • Joined Apr 2008
  • Posts 3501
  • Location USA KS, USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Basic
  • Joined Apr 2008
  • Posts 3501
  • Location USA KS, USA
Offline Neutral Feedback
Posted: 1/21/2015 10:34:45 PM EST
Anyone notice the Fed aluminum cased 9mm at el walmarto? I'm gonna have to try some. Since I can't find .22 anymore I've been working my G17 a bit more than usual.
Common Sense is the ultimate superpower.
Gold
  • Joined Mar 2006
  • Posts 16457
  • Location USA WV, USA
Gold
  • Joined Mar 2006
  • Posts 16457
  • Location USA WV, USA
Posted: 1/22/2015 12:29:03 AM EST
View Quote

I am going to be hosting my 14 year old niece this summer, and besides teaching her how to work on cars, paint, repair appliances, I was planning on putting her through the lostnswv school of how to shoot stuff...a lot. Now I can actually find some ammo for the .22 conversion units, I am a happier person. Thanks recon.
Some people might prefer a window seat on the FEMA Train, or the top bunk with the window view when they get to the FEMA Camp. Personally, I intend to misbehave.
Bronze
  • Joined Nov 2008
  • Posts 1574
  • Location USA OH, USA
Bronze
  • Joined Nov 2008
  • Posts 1574
  • Location USA OH, USA
Posted: 1/24/2015 8:04:13 PM EST
Originally Posted By cpermd:
Remington is cranking out more 22LR than ever
They have just spent $32 million to make more here in Arkansas
View Quote

Would live to get my hands on a bucket of golden bullets at a reasonable price.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Bronze
  • Joined Mar 2005
  • Posts 2987
  • Location USA TX, USA
Bronze
  • Joined Mar 2005
  • Posts 2987
  • Location USA TX, USA
Posted: 1/24/2015 9:54:29 PM EST
I walked up to Aguila and was able to buy any amount from 50K rounds to a container (40ft conex) of .22LR as long as I bought an additional same amount of centerfire ammo.