Page:  / 2
Next Page  
Author
"Code Monkey"
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2012 5:27:52 AM EST
Originally Posted By DFDFF:
When will you have the video of the LaRue booth up?

Uploading Multitasker and Troy now, will try to get LaRue (Floor demo) up as well before I head out.
You only live once, but if you live right.. once is enough.
JW1069
Professional Grade Civilian
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2012 5:33:31 AM EST
Hmmm...a solar powered red dot is going to make the old school irons vs. optics debate much more fun to watch.

Great looking rail system from Geissele. I'm like a wide-eyed four year old at story time when Bill talks about his products.
"Because there are more bad guys out there who deserve it." - Costa
DFDFF
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2012 5:34:17 AM EST
Originally Posted By GoatBoy:
Originally Posted By DFDFF:
When will you have the video of the LaRue booth up?

Uploading Multitasker and Troy now, will try to get LaRue (Floor demo) up as well before I head out.

Outstanding !!!
GoatBoy
"Code Monkey"
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2012 7:58:56 AM EST
New videos added!

I'm heading to the floor and will upload the LaRue and Maxpedition videos later today. The LaRue video still needs time to render and then upload! Should have the Maxpedition video up later tonight as that one is also large.
GoatBoy
"Code Monkey"
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2012 11:12:58 AM EST
LaRue demo of the suitcase gun is being uploaded now. It's basically a PredatOBR that includes contained elements to allow for a quick breakdown. The gun is still being worked on and was debuted to MIL/LEO first, so expect a civilian release, but not immediately.

I will mention again that Mark and I were joking in the video about availability, so don't get on me! On a side note, anyone wishing to be an honorary Avila should send the required forms and checks directly to my house.

bonesaw5
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2012 3:31:53 PM EST
Only 4 grand for the Trijicon TARS??? I'll take 2...no wait have not won
The lottery yet...
GoatBoy
"Code Monkey"
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2012 3:47:24 PM EST
A few more videos left that I'm trying to get through tonight.

We will be doing a quick trailer of the 3 Gun Championship as well. Look for it to air on NBC SPORTS in February!

It was an AMAZING evening and event and it makes me more excited to shoot this year at the ARFCOM/Rockcastle 3 Gun event in the fall! If you have never shot in an event before, don't miss out. Our event last year was phenomenal, not to mention the prize table included over 300k worth of gear. Everyone who shot went home with a few items and a lot of people walked out of there with new guns! (The smallest prize package was valued at the entry fee cost which means everyone got their money back in gear!) Sign up, bring friends, and get hooked on how much fun 3 gun can be in a pressure free amateur setting.
thefreshman991
Bling Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2012 5:23:54 PM EST
Thanks Goatboy!

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Great men are almost always bad men." - Baron Acton
LonChaney
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2012 7:05:20 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/19/2012 7:05:40 PM EST by LonChaney]
The guy from maxpedition doesn't compare to Grace.
jmarkma
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/20/2012 2:19:42 AM EST
Originally Posted By LonChaney:

Yeah but he's more tactical.

I don't think I've ever heard "tactical" used more in a shorter period of time.
mike_nds
Co-Owner NoDak Spud LLC
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/20/2012 8:47:10 AM EST
Originally Posted By jmarkma:
Originally Posted By LonChaney:

Yeah but he's more tactical.

I don't think I've ever heard "tactical" used more in a shorter period of time.

Walking through the show I got more than a little burnt out looking at AR's, rails, Multi-Cam, and hearing the words "tactical, "operator", and "Special Forces".

Yes, our parts are tight, we did that on purpose.

Don't sweat it. It's a service rifle, not a Fabergé egg. "Hognose'
seekwolf
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/20/2012 8:55:04 AM EST
That NIKON rep really knew his stuff. Also the new line of scopes will shake up the $200 price point of others.
jmarkma
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/20/2012 10:08:16 AM EST
Originally Posted By seekwolf:
That NIKON rep really knew his stuff. Also the new line of scopes will shake up the $200 price point of others.

Their mounts seemed too high for proper cheek weld considering they are supposed to be AR specific unless they are trying to get the cross hairs to clear the front sight. I don't mount scopes on my AR's with standard FSB's though, I'd rather have a proper cheek weld.
Kg3
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/20/2012 10:54:48 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/20/2012 10:57:57 AM EST by Kg3]
Originally Posted By tac45:
Yea, I'm rapid firing the refresh button to see what manufacturers like Aimpoint, Raven Concealment, KAC, Beretta, Colt, Magpul, VLTOR all have to plug and we get frickin James Yeager.

Originally Posted By Unreconstructed:
JAMES YEAGER? I am shocked to this thing promoted on arfcom.

Here is James Yeager "training"

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg143/unreconstructed_photos/james-yeager-photographer-down-range-shooting.jpg

watch the cool kids get their picture taken on this video...
[url=http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2011/08/22/tactical-response-training-try-not-to-shoot-the-photographer/]http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2011/08/22/tactical-response-training-try-not-to-shoot-the-photographer/[/u

Judge for yourself. COC would probably get me banned if I said what I really thought of yeager being on arfcom.

Feel free to do an internet search on james yeager Iraq ambush if you want to find out what kind of man yeager is.

Yea and I thought this was the shot section not GD if you don't like the man don't watch his clip or settle your problems with him in person
Af
tac45
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/21/2012 11:12:06 AM EST
I never said I had a problem with him. I don't even know him. I just think there probably was much more worthy interviews to be had at SHOT than him, that I would have loved to see. He's has about as much to offer in a gun interview as you me or any other regular schmo.

Originally Posted By Kg3:
Yea, I'm rapid firing the refresh button to see what manufacturers like Aimpoint, Raven Concealment, KAC, Beretta, Colt, Magpul, VLTOR all have to plug and we get frickin James Yeager.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg143/unreconstructed_photos/james-yeager-photographer-down-range-shooting.jpg

[url=http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2011/08/22/tactical-response-training-try-not-to-shoot-the-photographer/]http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2011/08/22/tactical-response-training-try-not-to-shoot-the-photographer/[/u

Judge for yourself. COC would probably get me banned if I said what I really thought of yeager being on arfcom.

Feel free to do an internet search on james yeager Iraq ambush if you want to find out what kind of man yeager is.

Yea and I thought this was the shot section not GD if you don't like the man don't watch his clip or settle your problems with him in person

EdwardAvila
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/21/2012 11:53:56 AM EST
We extend the chance to do videos to many companies. We bring you those that take advantage of the offer.
"Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means." -- Albert Einstein
AR15fan
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/21/2012 1:38:20 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/21/2012 1:40:21 PM EST by AR15fan]
Daniel Defense link must be broken? It didnt immediately open with the Sponge Bob Sqaure Pants theme song. Even Patrick knows the difference between a flash supressor and a "flash hider"
Nothing in this post should be considered information posted in an official capacity. It is the authors personal opinion alone.
juan223
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/21/2012 2:21:11 PM EST
I never said I had a problem with him. I don't even know him. I just think there probably was much more worthy interviews to be had at SHOT than him, that I would have loved to see. He's has about as much to offer in a gun interview as you me or any other regular schmo.

Who are you to decide who is worthy of interviewing? As was said before, if you have an issue with James take it up with him personally.
GoatBoy
"Code Monkey"
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/21/2012 3:28:53 PM EST
Uploaded Bushido Tactical and a fixed LaRue floor demo video. (Apparently some people had issues with audio.)
krayons
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/21/2012 7:50:11 PM EST
first I've heard of Bushido seems well thought out products.
tac45
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/21/2012 9:01:10 PM EST
It was my opinion. I'm a paying member so I will voice my opinion here as I see fit, as long as it's within the COC. As I said before, I have no personal problem with him. IMO there are probably more interesting/worthy people to interview at SHOT. No offense to the guys who put the interviews together. I now understand some where probably not willing to be interviewed and there was some good interviews anyhow.

Originally Posted By juan223:

Who are you to decide who is worthy of interviewing? As was said before, if you have an issue with James take it up with him personally.

GoatBoy
"Code Monkey"
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/22/2012 1:05:43 PM EST
Last two videos are now uploading!
AWellPlacedShot
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/23/2012 1:11:02 PM EST
Originally Posted By GoatBoy:
Originally Posted By osha:
Geissele seems like a great guy, not to mention his awesome products.

Talk about a total pleasure to work with. There are a TON of great people in this industry and everyone we deal with is fantastic. I had never met him though and it was an honor to see such a gentleman doing so well and making amazing products. It's funny, his video ran a little long, but it was enjoyable from start to finish. Hopefully you guys feel the same way!

He presents himself and his company extremely well. After watching his presentation it is not hard to understand why his company has been successful. Thanks for the vid.
Page:  / 2
Next Page