Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 11:07:55 PM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By Some_Beach:

I finally have something I'm proud to show off!!! Just got it a couple days ago.

Martin HD-28

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv48/some_beach_01/024.jpg?t=1286828972

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv48/some_beach_01/028.jpg?t=1286828972  

Nice.

I need to get a Martin one of these days.

Link Posted: 12/14/2010 9:58:11 PM EDT
[#2]
One of my rigs.  

Link Posted: 12/16/2010 1:37:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By RECONSIX:

One of my rigs.  

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5186/silenceh.jpg

Link Posted: 1/4/2011 10:48:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 1/7/2011 10:52:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gReEnBuL] [#5]
A few goodies!

Link Posted: 1/8/2011 2:50:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I adore that red and cream Epi!
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 8:08:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Matt_B] [#7]
Guitars:

..and a couple more that joined the stable after the couch pic:

...and amps:

Link Posted: 1/9/2011 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Cockatoo:
I adore that red and cream Epi!

Yeah, thanks! 'twas my holiday gift to myself.
It really sounds and plays great, especially when I split the pickups to get that  Buddy Guy / Jim Vaughan "strat" sound. It's actually the most versitile guitar I have ever owned. I really had to put my foot into the setup of the studio model to get it to sound right though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 6:36:35 PM EDT
[#9]
My Strat.
Not my favorite but it's action is really low and clean. It's EASY to play.
But the 25.5 scale is a bit long for my short fingers.

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#10]
NGD
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:47:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's my bass rig

I got both the 4x10 and 1x15 cabinets, the R1000 1000-watt Carvin head, and the Peavey 700 MAX head for $300 total!

I figure I'll use the Peavey as back up...

Here's my new Explorer

I'll get pix of my basses and other guitars later...I thought I had some...hmm...
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 12:38:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's my $300 guitar amp that I picked up yesterday....

Here's the music cave...

Need to vacuum down there...I still have leaves & straw on the carpet from Halloween...
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Dammit where are you guys finding these amps for $300?
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 8:55:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePitbullofLove] [#14]

Originally Posted By phurba:

Dammit where are you guys finding these amps for $300?

Craigslist, baby!

I paid $300 for the Randall half stack and $300 for the Carvin bass stack AND the seller threw in the Peavey 700 watt MAX head with the Carvin.

Link Posted: 2/16/2011 12:20:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Inebriated] [#15]
As far as stringed instruments:
Schecter C-1+ with Seymour Duncan Mayhem pickup set (drop tunings for now)
Fender MIM Tele
Seagull Entourage Acoustic
Squire Strat (first)
Cordoba classical of some sort
Yamaha F-325? F-235? Something like that. My first acoustic
Indiana banjo

Amps:
Bugera 333XL 212 combo
Vox AD15VT
Fender Frontman that came with Strat lol

After I get a decent AR upper, I'll probably start saving up for a Mesa Dual Rectifier and maybe a Schecter Blackjack, because I really need a 25.5" scale for drop tunings. Those or a Martin. I cum everytime I play one at GC.
Link Posted: 2/19/2011 12:11:31 AM EDT
[#16]
NGD! Stopped into the local pawn shop and saw this, It's a 20th anniversary Fender Squire. Looks like it has SD Little '59 or a JBjr. mini humbucker in the bridge. Cheap and has had a bad refinish job done to it by someone in the past. Should make a nice relic job.

Took about a 3/4 turn of the truss rod and it straighten right up, sounds good too.

Link Posted: 2/20/2011 11:59:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Here is my early 90's setup...its changed a bit over the years but the MosValve amp has been my primary workhorse since the day I bought this case (about 20 years ago)

I've had and played just about everything that has come and gone in the last few decades...Marshall, Mesa, Randall, GK, you name it...I play a lot less these days.

For whatever reason I always kept my first real setup...the rack above.
Had it in the attic for years...took it out the other day.
Had to de-solder the gain pots from the amps main board and open them up to blow the dust out

Been on a guitar kick lately...years ago I traded a Fender SRV Texas strat for an AK47 and a case of ammo...always regretted getting rid of that guitar...maybe in a few months I'll add a pick of a new guitar to this post
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 11:32:57 PM EDT
[#18]
A few Martins and an old Guild.

Link Posted: 2/27/2011 12:00:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gone_Shootin] [#19]

I remembered I forgot to post these pics in here.

Link Posted: 3/1/2011 5:01:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cgrant26] [#20]
I sold my kickass rig years ago and have regretted it ever since.

Limited edition Ibanex RG517 in Blue Sparkle. Basically a sup'd-up RG570, made-in-Japan and with some nice little extras and attention to detail.

SKB case full of rack-mount goodies:
Furman PL8
Digitech SGS2112 processor with Control One foot controller.
Marshall Valvestate Pro 120/120
A pair of Mesa Boogie 2x15 cabs.

And here's what I have now:

(old pic before I added the rest of the Hot Rails)

Modded Squire Bullet with SD Hot Rails Pickups and Schaller Locking Tuners
Fender SK Chorus 20 Amp
Digitech RP500 multi-effects stomp box
VOX V847G Wah

Not great, but it's a start.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 2:27:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By cgrant26:

Limited edition Ibanex RG517 in Blue Sparkle. Basically a sup'd-up RG570, made-in-Japan and with some nice little extras and attention to detail.

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l615/dropdeadshred/SANY0009.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff292/afireinsideme7444/Picture015-1.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff292/afireinsideme7444/Picture013.jpg

Furman PL8

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n516/cgrant26/bullet.jpg

Fender SK Chorus 20 Amp

VOX V847G Wah

What kind of tones are you getting out of those hot rails?

Link Posted: 3/2/2011 2:43:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: phurba] [#22]

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l615/dropdeadshred/SANY0009.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff292/afireinsideme7444/Picture015-1.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff292/afireinsideme7444/Picture013.jpg

Furman PL8

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n516/cgrant26/bullet.jpg

Fender SK Chorus 20 Amp
VOX V847G Wah

I had one of those in purple sparkle. On ebay it looked like green sparkle. Pulled it out of the box and did a

Worked out great though. I was playing in a very tongue-in-cheek power metal band called Oden's Boner. Purple sparkle guitar was perfect
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 5:39:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Gone_Shootin:

A little more thin than I expected, but definitely much hotter than the stock single coils. They will force you to tighten up your playing style as every little input you make on the strings comes through on the amp. (I haven't played with the noisegate settings on my RP500 enough yet to see if I can reduce that). The HR's also damn near eliminated the buzzing problem I had before. One thing I will say, if your thinking about getting them, do all 3 as one HR will seriously overpower the other pickups and it winds up sounding really "tinny". I'm also sure some of the thinness is simply just the guitar.

Overall, I'm very happy with them, but I wish they had a tad bit more crunch and chunk. Of course I haven't really had a chance to tweak around with the amp and multi-effects box settings so there may be some wiggle room with the sound I'm getting. I do really like the fact that I can play a lot lighter and still get good, solid tones now. I might also try swapping from 250k pots to 500k pots and changing to a .022 cap.

Overall, I'd rate them an 8 out of 10.

Link Posted: 3/3/2011 5:43:43 AM EDT
[#24]
I had one of those in purple sparkle. On ebay it looked like green sparkle. Pulled it out of the box and did a

Worked out great though. I was playing in a very tongue-in-cheek power metal band called Oden's Boner. Purple sparkle guitar was perfect

Haha, Oden's Boner.  That's awesome!

Link Posted: 3/6/2011 6:47:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Here are some better pics of the rest of my setup

Link Posted: 3/6/2011 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Nice set up, WAMJR. I'd love to put together a decent studio like that someday.

A little more thin than I expected, but definitely much hotter than the stock single coils. They will force you to tighten up your playing style as every little input you make on the strings comes through on the amp. (I haven't played with the noisegate settings on my RP500 enough yet to see if I can reduce that). The HR's also damn near eliminated the buzzing problem I had before. One thing I will say, if your thinking about getting them, do all 3 as one HR will seriously overpower the other pickups and it winds up sounding really "tinny". I'm also sure some of the thinness is simply just the guitar.

Overall, I'm very happy with them, but I wish they had a tad bit more crunch and chunk. Of course I haven't really had a chance to tweak around with the amp and multi-effects box settings so there may be some wiggle room with the sound I'm getting. I do really like the fact that I can play a lot lighter and still get good, solid tones now. I might also try swapping from 250k pots to 500k pots and changing to a .022 cap.

Overall, I'd rate them an 8 out of 10.

Cgrant, do you think those Hot Rails would be any good for Blues & Country tones?

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:34:20 PM EDT
[#27]
They might be a little hot for that, but I find the volume knob on the guitar works to "cool" them off.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:20:08 AM EDT
[#28]
They might be a little hot for that, but I find the volume knob on the guitar works to "cool" them off.

I'm rebuilding my Squier into a Ridiculously Fat Strat.. or something. I picked up a Power Rails and a Crunchy rails along with a new two-slot pickguard and enough components to completely rewire it. Going to include a killswitch so I can finally play Buckethead properly

Do you have any idea whether the Power Rails or Crunchy rails would do better in the bridge vs neck position?
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:07:52 PM EDT
[#29]
I honestly have no experience with them so I couldn't say. I do know that most people seem switch to 500k pots when they use them. Of course the beauty of DIY is that you can always change things. My only suggestion for you is to try both configurations and pick the one you like best. :)

Link Posted: 3/19/2011 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#30]

I'm not worried about the output of the pickups, I was just wondering what tones they're capable of.

Link Posted: 3/19/2011 9:00:33 AM EDT
[#31]

I'm rebuilding my Squier into a Ridiculously Fat Strat.. or something. I picked up a Power Rails and a Crunchy rails along with a new two-slot pickguard and enough components to completely rewire it. Going to include a killswitch so I can finally play Buckethead properly

Do you have any idea whether the Power Rails or Crunchy rails would do better in the bridge vs neck position?

Bear in mind that you have to use (or at least should) those pickups for the position they were made for.

Link Posted: 3/19/2011 5:01:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Bear in mind that you have to use (or at least should) those pickups for the position they were made for.

Why?
Link Posted: 3/20/2011 2:40:55 PM EDT
[#33]
http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af328/nicCartel/DSCN0534.jpg

this is where i work, thats one our techs, who is now a civil war re-enactor and my roomate ha. been touring all over the US & world for 6 years now with my best friends playing guitar . countless stages, memories, hangovers, girls, ect... . my rig is on the far right  Orange ad30(single channel),matchless HC-30. my 2 girls i play are both gibson les paul customs, one black beauty, and a 1982 wood burst( illl try to get some pics of those up). ill also take a few pics of our practice space..its full of goodies and a sh!# ton of road cases ha! i love my job.
Link Posted: 3/20/2011 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#34]

Why?

Bridge & neck pickups are wound differently (bridge pickups are hotter than neck pickups), even if they're the same brand & model.

Link Posted: 3/21/2011 8:16:29 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm nuts for US made Ovations...sadly the founder of Ovation, and a truly great American, Mr. Charles Kaman, passed away recently.  Fender bought Ovation a while ago, and al of the standard US models are now produced overseas.  The few US made Ovation and Adams models are now all considered "custom shop" pieces.  Most players have strong opinions about Ovation - be it good or bad - but one thing is for certian, in the 60s and 70s, Ovation changed the way popular music sounded through their promotion of amplified acoustic guitars.  Ovation was truly an American icon for the longest time, and artists all over the world created some of the finest music on these beauties made in New Hartford, CT

all original Adamas II 1681 from 1981

US made C2078LX (in custom natural)

W598 Adamas 12, from 2004 or so

US made standard balladeer LX (from a couple of years ago, right before they shifted all standard manufacturing to Asia)

all original Pacemaker from 1974

1718 from the early 90s and a 1768 from the late 80s

Custom Legend 30th anniversary 2004

US made 1711, Cadillac green early 90s

another of the same 1718 shown above

late 70s Balladeer, all original near mint

Mid 70s Glen Campbell Artist
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 8:20:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Butternut] [#36]
please excuse the phobucket screw up...some pictures were shifted in between albums and photobucket appers to not like that....I'll try to take new photos this coming weekend to share the beauty of these great guitars......

Link Posted: 3/23/2011 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#37]
'69 Jbass

been playing it since about '70-'71

can't remember thru the haze

Been thru some tough times in the last 40 years, but this one was never on the "sell-to-pay-bills" radar.
Link Posted: 3/25/2011 5:20:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cgrant26] [#38]

I'm not worried about the output of the pickups, I was just wondering what tones they're capable of.

After switching to the Hot Rails, I found myself reducing the treble on most of my clean effects. The bridge position Hot Rail was a good deal more trebly than, say, the V8 bridge pickup in some Ibanez RG and Jem guitars. Of course that's still an apples to oranges comparison considering the 2 very different guitars.

It may help give you some idea on the differences comparing pickups here:
http://www.aqdi.com/cgi-bin/database.cgi
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 8:39:40 AM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 5/13/2011 5:56:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 2:55:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Well, there's a handful of nice guitars here...

My first kit (still have it, needs restoration): early 1960s Premier, 3-ply 4mm birch, pre-international size, 4 piece with added 2nd bass

Second kit (sold) Mapex Mars Pro SE 5-piece

Third kit (sold) Tama Rockstar 10 piece... because every metal drummer has to own one at some point...

Fourth kit (sold) vintage Mapex Mars, refinished.  It was yellow.

Fifth & sixth kits (sold) Mapex VX 8-piece, and 6-piece... broke into 3 kits when I sold them.  One is still at my friend's house and I play it regularly.

Seventh kit (current and hopefully final kit) Mapex Meridian maple 7-piece plus a couple... no full config pics yet :(

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 2:25:24 AM EDT
[#43]
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1514629597522&set=a.1514626277439.64069.1587907556&type=1&theater

Copper top LP
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Just passed my 3 year guitar anniversary and recorded this. What a great song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzy60ao9P08&feature=related
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By GAshooter11:
http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af328/nicCartel/DSCN0534.jpg

this is where i work, thats one our techs, who is now a civil war re-enactor and my roomate ha. been touring all over the US & world for 6 years now with my best friends playing guitar . countless stages, memories, hangovers, girls, ect... . my rig is on the far right  Orange ad30(single channel),matchless HC-30. my 2 girls i play are both gibson les paul customs, one black beauty, and a 1982 wood burst( illl try to get some pics of those up). ill also take a few pics of our practice space..its full of goodies and a sh!# ton of road cases ha! i love my job.

Cool, I bet it's a blast. Haven't heard your music, nor am I familiar with that type of music but I'll check it out.

You gotta post pics of the Les Pauls
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:18:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 68_Mustang] [#46]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 10:20:20 PM EDT
[#49]

Nice.

Link Posted: 10/20/2011 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Just got the LTD in the middle today, the purple Kramer is for sale if anyone is interested?

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top