Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:38:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Broke down and got a 5 rack since I only own a single gig bag. I see a pattern.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 3:16:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm starting to realize I might be lying to myself when I say I'm a Gibson guy. This is my probably $8k of Straty goodness.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BornToLooze:
I'm starting to realize I might be lying to myself when I say I'm a Gibson guy. This is my probably $8k of Straty goodness.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/375793/family_photo_jpg-1897044.JPG
View Quote

Yeah, those icky Gibson headstock angles screw up my whole rack mojo
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Czechers:

Yeah, those icky Gibson headstock angles screw up my whole rack mojo
View Quote

I'm just wondering how I went from I will never own a Strat because my dad has one and that's lame, to ESP and Charvel Custom Shop.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:44:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Broke down and got a 5 rack since I only own a single gig bag. I see a pattern.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/300247/IMG_20210407_152023896_HDR_jpg-1896469.JPG
View Quote

I have a rack like that, holds 9 guitars.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 10:20:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Finally cleared my bench and soldered up the wiring on my Firebird project. Bought the stripped neck/body with plans to route out the pickup cavities for humbuckers but decided on going vintage. Ended up putting in Mojotone Johnny Winter pickups. I need to set it up yet but so far the tone is a nice difference from my Strats and other Gibsons.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:27:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I made a couple small changes to my "Black Strat" inspired Partscaster. I put a single ply black pickguard on and swapped out the Duncan SSL-5 for a Duncan custom shop SSL-1 DG pick up. So far it's a really nice combo of pickups. Bridge is the Duncan, middle is a Fender Custom Shop 69 and neck is a Fender Custom Shop fat 50s. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 2:23:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 2:43:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Fender Noventa Stratocaster in crimson red.  It's a hardtail Strat with two P90's.  This is my beginner's guitar.  

This is the actual guitar I should receive tomorrow:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/29/2021 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By corwin1968:
Fender Noventa Stratocaster in crimson red.  It's a hardtail Strat with two P90's.  This is my beginner's guitar.  

This is the actual guitar I should receive tomorrow:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/42575/001_jpg-2220839.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/42575/002_jpg-2220840.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/42575/003_jpg-2220841.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/42575/005_jpg-2220843.JPG
View Quote

Hardtail and P90's on a Strat?  I'll take the zero
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#11]
My own photo:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/4/2022 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Congrats! The finish and hardware looks really great together. That is one killer place to start for your "beginner" guitar.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 6:41:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Well I haven't played my ltd much after my co@#$19 adventure earlier this summer. Always grabbed my acoustics.
Well..... Santa got me a toy.

I'm addicted now. So much easier to just grab, play..not get dogs howling or wife yelling at me lol. Or hauling out cords and smp etc( no man cave here).

Been trying to follow Marty music's sad but true lesson....
Man I can tell I've been cowboy chording it to long....so much easier to make " ok" sounding noise

I need a metal one now lol.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/10/2022 3:34:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 53gunner] [#14]
OK so getting back into the guitar thing and figured Id post my current load out. The DXMG, Washburn, and half stack Ive had forever. I had a Kahler installed on the Washburn and want to upgrade the bridge pickup. The JS32 Im gonna do a ton of stuff on, new pickups, new tremolo (and locking nut), and new tuners.
The Presonus Im really looking forward to messing with. I literally know nothing about recording but it should be fun!
Side note: on the JS32 Im looking at the FU Tone stuff for the tremolo. Has anyone messed with these guys?
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 7:02:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: corwin1968] [#15]
After many false starts spanning over 40 years, I started this journey on January 1st (coincidence, not a resolution) with a Fender Noventa (P90) Strat and a Boss Katana 50 amp.  I didn't care for the amp and the Strat had some serious intonation issues I didn't feel like messing with, so I sent both back and decided to stick with the acoustic.  

Flash forward a few months, and after watching countless video demonstrations of different types of guitars and amps, I got bitten by the electric bug again.  This time, I knew I wanted a simple tube amp and a guitar with two humbuckers, that wasn't super modern and wasn't a Les Paul copy.  

I finally settled on the D'angelico Brighton.  I wasn't crazy about the art-deco aspects of it (Empire State Building truss rod cover, faux "f-hole" built into the pickguard, the strange headstock and the strange tuning heads), but I loved the general outline (sort of like a LP double-cutaway) and was consistently impressed by the sound I kept hearing in multiple video reviews.  And besides, it probably will never leave my bedroom, except for lessons, if I ever get around to arranging those.  

The black and cream color scheme was a total coincidence, as was the fact that both Supro and D'Angelico are the same company, which I didn't discover until I had already purchased both.

Initial impressions are very good.  I love the sounds I'm getting out of the guitar/amp combo and not only are the tuners far, far more sensitive than those on my cheap Yamaha, I don't have to tune it every time I pick it up!! Also, the odd shaped tuner heads are much more user friendly than typical heads.  

If this is the one I decide to commit to for the foreseeable future, I will upgrade to locking tuners (HATE changing strings) and maybe a black pickguard, to tone down the flamboyance a little bit.

Supro Delta King 12 and D'Angelico Premier Brighton.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:25:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Buckeye67] [#16]

I was gifted a full set of whistles from Lir Whistles for my birthday.  They, like my wife, are pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 4:59:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: corwin1968] [#17]
Well, the D'Angelico Brighton two posts up started having issues with the bridge pickup sometimes not working and then it progressed to the rear pickup also not working some of the time.  I had been debating returning it anyway and that was the final push to get me there.  

The Sweetwater Sales Engineer I spoke to recommended I look at PRS and since the two PRS guitars I handled at Guitar Center were the only ones that equaled the D'Angelico in feel, I started doing research.  I finally settled on either the SE Standard 24 or the SE Custom 24, but I wasn't really crazy about any of the color options available, and after going thru disliking the looks of the D'Angelico, I didn't want to go that route again.  Today, I decided that since SW has a lot of new guitars on order, I would just stick with my acoustic and wait for one I really like.  I logged into the website and looked at the on-order guitars and found my preference in an SE Custom 24 in Black Gold Sunburst.  I then noticed that although they were out of stock, they did have a demo for sale!  I have been following the demo page and that guitar was not there yesterday, so I grabbed it and it should be here on Friday.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

ETA:  This is an AMAZING guitar!!  I see why people like PRS guitars so much.  It is by far the most comfortable of the couple of dozen guitars I've handled in the past few months and it's the first one that makes me want to practice more.  

A quick shot of it on the wall:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 4:21:37 PM EDT
[#18]
After playing with the SE Custom 24 for a month, I realized that it doesn't meet some of my preferences, which I now know include a 24.5" scale length, 22 or fewer frets, a fixed bridge and more traditional sounding humbuckers.  I had gotten to handle a PRS SE 245 Standard at GC and an SE 245 in gray at a local shop, and liked both.  The GC guitar was a BRICK, while the gray one was decently light, but he didn't have financing options.  

After a failed attempt to get a 7.47 lb SE 245 Standard on Reverb, I woke up one morning to discover that SW had FINALLY re-stocked them.  I am now the proud owner of a 7.0 lb PRS SE 245 Standard.  The thing looks and feels amazing and is very light.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 3:09:09 PM EDT
[#19]
In shipping. Sweetwater sent some high res pics of the one they are shipping. Here tomorrow "maybe". Inexpensive guitar of something new. It's really hard for me to pick up and hold a guitar now. Thought is to velcro it to a table and attempt to play jazz tones or such. A pedal steel would work but this was 10X cheaper, or more.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:30:25 PM EDT
[#20]
With my bedroom amp. My twin revern is entirely too much for the bedroom. It's loud enough to practice in the bedroom without an amp. Best thing it's light and smaller than my deadnaught acoustic.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 11:45:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: corwin1968] [#21]
Latest edition:  Taylor 110e

The Taylor and the PRS 245 pretty much satisfy my acoustic + electric desires.  I'll keep the Yamaha FG 700s, since it sounds so different from the Taylor and I paid so little for it, it's not worth the hassle of selling.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/30/2022 12:06:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Added a Mosky delay pedal after my DD-6 on my acoustic board today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#23]
My new project.

I'd used a Peavey Studio Pro 112 years ago with my Washburn electric and the guitar I built.  After searching for an amp for a week or so, I stumbled across this guy on guitar center's site and had it shipped to my local store.

Pretty stoked having this back in the fold again, and then began adding pedals I'd be comfortable with.

The MXR tuner and Donner Yellow Fall are the only 2 I haven't used previously.

Next addition will be to get some kind of digital reverb on the board and make some George L's cables for everything.

Attachment Attached File

I plan on getting an outdoor rug that resembles the loop portion of velcro and using some 3M spray 100 or similar to glue it to the pedalboard.  After that I'll drill some ports for the right angle power cables to feed through and put the Voodoo Lab ISO 5 on the bottom to keep from occupying valuable real estate.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#24]
A little progress today all while dealing with a cold.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I'm using an outdoor mat with a rubber backer.  Hook-side velcro works well with it.

I'll be installing the Voodoo Lab ISO-5 power supply on underside of the board with velcro and I'm also waiting for a Walrus Audio Slö to arrive to go between the Yellow Fall and DD-6.

I'm also going to be putting a Sonicake noise gate in prior to the RC-20XL.

Now I need to figure out whether I want red or black George L's cabling to go between the pedals.  A little color probably wouldn't be a bad idea but I've got 4' of black .155 and about 20' of the red.  I think 4' of the black cable would probably work for everything.

We'll see sometime next week.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 3:57:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cgrant26] [#25]
New gear day!

Attachment Attached File

The Velocity 300, Furman and SKB are old but the Helix replaced the Digitech 2120 that used to live there. Added bonus is through a promotion I also get Helix Native for free!
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 9:05:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ButchA61] [#26]

Link Posted: 1/28/2023 7:17:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Found room to add the Walrus Audio Slö to the acoustic pedalboard today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 4:43:54 PM EDT
[#30]

Dat binding...Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:27:28 AM EDT
[#31]

Dat binding.../media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/lucky-684.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yisssss.  I scored bigly with that guitar.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 9:23:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By M4ger:

View All Quotes

Brand/model? Small builder?
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 4:13:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4ger] [#33]

View All Quotes

Larrivée C-05.  Spruce/Mahogany.  Built in 1998.

Abalone rosette, 18:1 JCL tuners with ebenoid buttons, Fishman Rare Earth mic-blend.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#34]

Schecter Omen Elite-6 that I swapped Dimarzio Dominions into and my 100W Katana head with a Harley Benton 2x12 with V30s.  Then the Epi Les Paul Modern I bought last year as a divorce gift to myself.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 12:17:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Just picked up the Shenandoah 100 and I'm really happy with it.

Also put the Sub-N-Up octave pedal on my board the same day.

It might be better suited to electric guitars but for now I'm enjoying it on my acoustic board.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:28:14 PM EDT
[#36]
An update to the stable.  

I have several other guitars, but they will probably go up for sale and I'll stick with these two.  I'm a beginner and I'm inspired by the classic style of guitar, so the PRS versions of the Stratocaster (SE Silver Sky) and Les Paul (SE 245) fit the bill perfectly.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/11/2023 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#37]

Something with strings for a change.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 2:33:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Czechers] [#38]
Son just scored this 2009 MIM Strat with Gilmour Mod for $400 locally. Really nice fretwork, the usual finish crack at corner of neck joint. I'm going to help him drill the original tortoise pickguard for the Gilmour switch bc mint green pickguard  just looks wrong on this.

Glad i told him he can play my guitars

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 4:43:54 PM EDT
[#39]
After a battery and string change

Link Posted: 7/15/2023 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:
After a battery and string change

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/58021/IMG_6076-2886790.jpg
View Quote

You have impeccable taste in axes.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 1:55:50 AM EDT
[#41]

NGD: ESP LTD H3-1007 baritone 7 string

Going to put most of an 8 string set on it and detune it to drop G
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:07:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Two new guitars and I traded the Rocktron rack amp for a Marshall.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:31:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: luv_the_huskers] [#44]
NGD day for me. My new to me Epiphone Les Paul Plush Top Standard 2006 Wine Red.

Attachment Attached File

I also picked this NOS 2022 Epiphone Les Paul Studio in Smokehouse Burst up for cheap. It is still in transit to me so here is a placeholder pic.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:24:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:35:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
https://i.ibb.co/tZ07TRQ/IMG-1293.jpg
View Quote

One of the coolest posts in this thread. Love the old synths and organs...and I don't even play keys.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#47]

One of the coolest posts in this thread. Love the old synths and organs...and I don't even play keys.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
https://i.ibb.co/tZ07TRQ/IMG-1293.jpg

Thanks! Even more cool: https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Moog-Polymoog-280A-Official-Thread/148-2717465/

@Czechers
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top