Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2017 12:11:24 AM EDT
I've got the daughter's YCL-20 and on the last repair, the guys at the shop broke one of the screwheads on one of the hinge screws.

I don't mind taking it back to the shop for something outside my skill sets, but at $65 shop minimum, I am getting nickeled and dimed to death.

I have been able to fix some sticking keys and generally do a cleaning. Compared to some gun things I've had to do, it doesn't seem that hard.

Is there anything magical about yamaha parts? I've found the part numbers but it looks like they only sell to dealers. Does anyone have a good source for parts? Is repadding one especially hard?

Thanks for the help. I'm also in the market for a spare student clarinet, I've got two in clarinets and a spare seems to be a good idea.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 12:17:13 AM EDT
[#1]
No clue about repairing that. Yet I remember my brother have one of those when we were in high school. And the most thing that I remember is him just practicing and all he played was Fer Elise. 20+ years later and I still hate that fucking song with a passion. Every time I hear it I get pissed off almost to rage.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Contact Ferree's Tools, Inc at 616-965-0511.  They're the biggest supplier of repair tools and parts I know of.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top