Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2017 11:20:47 PM EDT
Which is better? Why?

I've only ever played a tele and a strat.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:50:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Which are both bolt ons and both fine guitars. Some will say you get better sustain with a set in neck but I like the option to easily remove the neck for repairs. How the neck is attached really should be way down on your things to consider list.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:33:24 AM EDT
[#2]
This is ARFcom. Get both.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Definitely!  I've got a few Gibson set neck styles (Les Paul, SG, Explorer, Firebird) and several bolt necks (Strat, Tele, Charvel, Jackson, Roscoe, EVH), and variety is the spice of life....just sayin'....
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:03:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm thinking in my head I'll build one someday. So, I'll be proceeding in about ten years.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Heck, get a neck thru and get all three.

OP, it generally comes down to preference. In my experience, neck thru guitars tend to be darker, bolt ons tend to be brighter and snappier, and set necks tend to be somewhere in between. But all the variables that go into a guitar can set this all on it's ear. So, YMMV
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 6:16:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I honestly like both set neck and bolt on.  

I'm on a Fender (Jags and Teles) Kick currently and love my Gibson SGs and need another Les Paul.

I don't play up in the area where it matters. Punk Rock Forever.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:01:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I have built quite a few guitars over the years but neck throughs were always my favorites.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top