Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2017 9:47:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#1]
never did like anything by Dean just because i think their headstock is one of the ugliest. i much rather prefer a Jackson Soloist in HH configuration
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:55:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:57:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an explorer for all of my names hetfield needs
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 10:00:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:24:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I always wanted an explorer type...one day
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:50:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 1:59:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Much love.  They sound great, play great, sustain for days, and are surprisingly comfortable.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 4:29:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I had an Explorer Pro that was a lot of fun to play.  Sounded great...  I got rid of it because I like to change things up from time to time.  For some reason I like rotating everything except for a couple guitars.  

Nothing wrong with the way it play though.. That's for sure.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:26:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, I've got an Explorer. Here it is the night I brought it home. It no longer has the stock Gibson 500T/496R set it came with in it, and currently has a Burstbucker 1&2 set. But the Burstbuckers are a little weak for what I want out of that guitar. So it'll either end up something else later on. Maybe a Het Set, or a Loomis Set, or a Duncan Distortion set, or a Duncan Custom and a Jazz. Haven't decided. And I definitely need to get some slower tuners and a bridge with some more travel for the bridge saddles so I can intonate it (not quite enough travel in the stock bridge).

Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:13:40 AM EDT
[#10]
My first electric was a Dean Hollywood Z, I loved that guitar but later traded it for a black Les Paul Standard.  I saw a cherry Explorer at GC a few weeks ago on sale and have wondered if it still there.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:10:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My first electric was a Dean Hollywood Z, I loved that guitar but later traded it for a black Les Paul Standard.  I saw a cherry Explorer at GC a few weeks ago on sale and have wondered if it still there.
View Quote

Good time to buy, Gibson's 2016 stuff is on clearance everywhere right now.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I almost pulled the trigger on the Schecter E-1 recently
kinda' explorer/iceman axe
just because I like the way it looks

$899 new, maybe I'll find a used one in a few years for less, well that's the plan.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I almost pulled the trigger on the Schecter E-1 recently
kinda' explorer/iceman axe
just because I like the way it looks
http://www.chorder.com/images/reviews-articles/19464-desktop.jpg
$899 new, maybe I'll find a used one in a few years for less, well that's the plan.
View Quote

Wow that is sexy!
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I had a Dean tiger stripe explorer style Z, had a Kahler on it. Wouldnt stay in tune at all.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 1:47:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I had a Dean tiger stripe explorer style Z, had a Kahler on it. Wouldnt stay in tune at all.
View Quote

Sounds like a typical Kahler. Floyd Rose, FTW!
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sounds like a typical Kahler. Floyd Rose, FTW!
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#17]
A Jackson Kelly Professional was the first rock guitar I ever bought. Was shortly after I started playing and sold my Squire Strat to get it. Paid $480 for it back in the late 90s. It plays/sounds amazing, even thought it has "Jackson" pups, they rock. Japanese made. Bought it because it kinda looked like an Explorer but for half the price. Really grew to love the Kelly over the Explorer because it's lighter and much easier to get to the higher up frets (24 on the Kelly).

Then, in the early 2000s I bought this ESP Explorer in natural color. It's a Custom Shop, with the MX250-esq body/head style. I have no idea what it's worth; I've literally never seen another one, even in searching online. She doesn't come out much but she will when I'm feeling a little extra Metallica.

Link Posted: 3/5/2017 11:06:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm a fan of the body style. I watched a video of somebody playing an all black Gibson explored with EMGs in it and immediately popped a boner
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#19]
They are cool looking. But I've always had a desire for a Firebird. Never played one, don't think I've even seen one in person.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top