Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2017 5:16:57 PM EDT
Just before Christmas I sold a coworker my 6505+ 1x12 combo amp, his son wanted an amp capable of playing garages, shows, and what not and his practice amp just wasn't cutting it.  I cut him a deal with an upgraded WGS speaker and included the footswitch.  He is a very happy kid now and I'm sure his parents are a little bit more hard of hearing.

To replace that I originally bought an incredibly cheap Peavey MaceVT figuring I'd go for preamp style pedals.  I did buy a Friedman BE OD, but I still need to clean up that amp and possibly switch speakers.

Well the high gain is back, found another deal on another Peavey suitcase nuke:

If the serial number plate is to be believed, 2005 build year.  Some cuts, dents, and nicks in the tolex, but otherwise in pretty good shape.
I still need to open er up and find out what speakers are in there (wouldn't mind trying the V30/Creamback combo, or the WGS equiv), and like the Mace, clean the hell out of the sockets and pots.

Here are the new playmates:
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 3:17:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool, congrats! I used to have a 5150 combo. Traded it in on the first Triple Rec I owned, and have regretted it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 2:29:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 5150 combo just sitting. Channel 2 howls like a banshee as if post volume is maxed no matter what the setting. Had it repaired once and the problem is back. I think I have it narrowed down to the bright switch, but haven't had time to pull it apart. I was going to sell it a while back but the guy never got back to me. It was a total relief because I was regretting my decision more and more as the meetup got closer.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Hernia brigade member checking in. This is the amp that made me buy a noise gate.

Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:08:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hernia brigade member checking in. This is the amp that made me buy a noise gate.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t151/sleepdr/Guitar/11A114CA-80B4-4DB4-AEB3-36175EDF5740_zpsakie0wfq.jpg
View Quote
Welcome, welcome, take a breather if you just put the amp in the truck bed.

I think I've got to buy one of the 2 channel noise gates so I can put it in front and the loop of mine.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:53:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t151/sleepdr/Guitar/11A114CA-80B4-4DB4-AEB3-36175EDF5740_zpsakie0wfq.jpg
View Quote
Hell, man, you trying to break an axle, or what?  
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:46:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome, welcome, take a breather if you just put the amp in the truck bed.

I think I've got to buy one of the 2 channel noise gates so I can put it in front and the loop of mine.
You should see me carry it up and down the stairs in my house. I made sure to get casters with my Mesa Mark V combo, but those don't do much for stairs.

A member of this site sold me an ISP G-String not long after I got that amp. It triggers from the guitar signal but can gate the loop.

Embarrassing disclosure: My 5150 is sitting in storage alongside an ailing Mesa 50 Caliber+ combo, a Peavey 60w Transtube combo, and a lightly ratty Marshall 1960A cabinet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top