Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2017 3:47:17 PM EDT
I'm typing this on my phone and organ simulator insists on organ stimulator.

Anyway, I am beyond impressed by this pedal. I can't play fast enough to get tracking issues out if it and the response time is about the same as playing through an amp sim on a pc. 

The quality of the sound is impressive. I told my keyboard bought an organ, recorded myself playing, and he was convinced that I had.

The pedal has two outputs, a dry and organ, however the organ output will allow you to blend both dry and organ levels.

I'll make a sample tonight for you guys. 
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:49:36 PM EDT
[#1]
cool!
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 5:26:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I have listened to many demos of these and I am just blown away by them. I have considered getting one since we seem to not be able to get a keyboard player for our band.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey guys, I made a very very very quick example of it in a mix with two heavily distorted guitars.

Chain goes

Guitar>B9>Input device>amplitube 4 (compressor> a clean amp with the input volume boosted>leslie>compressor) The amp is close to a Fender Deluxe but not quite.

The mix is rough, but I wanted to emphasize the pedal.

https://soundcloud.com/credge/b9-1
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats! I've been eyeing those pedals myself. Good to know somebody besides a paid demo guy likes them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 9:47:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congrats! I've been eyeing those pedals myself. Good to know somebody besides a paid demo guy likes them.
View Quote

Guitar Center carries them if you have one near you, at least 4 in 3 different states have. Do yourself a favor and try it out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 1:32:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Guitar Center carries them if you have one near you, at least 4 in 3 different states have. Do yourself a favor and try it out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll probably wait until I get my tax return, because I know I'd end up buying one, and I can't afford it right now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 1:45:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Thought you said organ stimulator!
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Electro-Harmonix B9 Organ Machine (EHX Pedal Demo by Bill Ruppert)
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 11:51:44 PM EDT
[#9]

This is absolutely how it works. There's no editing or mixing tricks at all.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:59:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Cool as I understand it there is a bit a learning curve using it to make it sound good.
but your sound clip sounds good to me.
Congrats!
have fun
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cool as I understand it there is a bit a learning curve using it to make it sound good.
but your sound clip sounds good to me.
Congrats!
have fun
View Quote

If you're going for an authentic sound you need to hit all the notes in your chord at once. But, it's such a small difference that I can't see it mattering much live.

Gonna try it out at practice for the first time today. 
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Fellow in my band plays his 12 string though one and it sounds killer on the intro to Prince's Let's Go Crazy.  Be aware there are both the B8 and B9 pedals with different organ options.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I just picked one up as well.  Great little effect.  Went in for a pog & realized the B9 presets do everything I wanted.  Oddly enough, you can hit a good distortion w/ it and somehow Siamese Dream solo tones come out.  Love it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I NEED one of those!
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:51:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#16]
EHX stuff is killer.  I just got a MEL9.  Crazy awesome sounds.

EHX and Earthquaker will make me broke(r).
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:17:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
EHX stuff is killer.  I just got a MEL9.  Crazy awesome sounds.

EHX and Earthquaker will make me broke(r).
View Quote
I was a click away from buying a MEL9 but I bought a Keeley Loomer instead.

I want to get all of the 9 series of pedals and run a second mini board.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:21:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Purchased an B9, should have arrived yesterday.
Bet it will be a lot of fun for awhile, been in a rut playing the same old stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top