Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2017 2:30:08 PM EDT
Trying to work a trade for an Epi Les Paul. Right now its between a Les Paul Traditional Pro like new and an epi LP standard with EMG actives (a big plus to me).

Traditional Pro

Attachment Attached File

LP standard

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Without handling them, I'd probably go for the traditional pro. They're supposed to be a step up from the standard, and you can find good used EMGs for around $40-$50 each, and pickups aren't too hard to swap.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Without handling them, I'd probably go for the traditional pro. They're supposed to be a step up from the standard, and you can find good used EMGs for around $40-$50 each, and pickups aren't too hard to swap.
View Quote

That's what I was leaning towards thanks. The trad pro also comes with a fender mustang vs the crate the standard come with. Not a huge deal since I'm looking for a tube amp anyway, but I get the impression the mustang would be better short term.

Eta:  is it at all difficult to put pickup covers on?  Not a huge fan of the zebra pickups
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:06:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's what I was leaning towards thanks. The trad pro also comes with a fender mustang vs the crate the standard come with. Not a huge deal since I'm looking for a tube amp anyway, but I get the impression the mustang would be better short term.

Eta:  is it at all difficult to put pickup covers on?  Not a huge fan of the zebra pickups
View Quote

No, it's not very hard. The biggest thing is getting a cover with the same pole spacing. Other than that, covers are just soldered to the baseplate.

But if you're going it go to that much trouble, you're halfway into a pickup swap.

And I'd take a Fender Mustang over a Crate any day. And you might as well keep it, because at some point, you're going to want a little practice amp like that. I've got 5 half stacks and I still use my little Peavay Vypyr regularly, which I bought long after I had a tube amp.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:41:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No, it's not very hard. The biggest thing is getting a cover with the same pole spacing. Other than that, covers are just soldered to the baseplate.

But if you're going it go to that much trouble, you're halfway into a pickup swap.

And I'd take a Fender Mustang over a Crate any day. And you might as well keep it, because at some point, you're going to want a little practice amp like that. I've got 5 half stacks and I still use my little Peavay Vypyr regularly, which I bought long after I had a tube amp.
View Quote

Gotcha, was planning on keeping the mustang for a practice amp, its a mustang 1 v2 so should be decent and I've heard good things about the fuse software.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 3:29:36 PM EDT
[#5]
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< I wonder

Go with the standard, change to black hardware and plastics
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm going ahead with the trade for the Traditional Pro and Mustang on Saturday. Will post pics once I get home. I'll be curious to see the differences between this and the Epi LP Special II I had before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top