Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2017 12:10:10 AM EDT
Recently got the guitar I ordered from my luthier.  It took a little longer than expected, but it was worth the wait.  

It is a really simple look, which is what I wanted, but it is designed for versatility.  It has a ported basswood body with a string-through design.  The headstock is reversed mostly because I'm a little weird.  I like the way the high E feels on a shorter run.  I like the way it looks too.  

It has a stacked Seymour Duncan pickup with a 5-way switch.   Position 1: Coil split   Positions 2 and 3:   These are sort of like Mike Eldred mods.  They offer wah-like sounds. One position with tone, the other without.  Position 4: Normal Humbucker Position 5:  Humbucker with volume and tone bypassed, straight to output...  This is surprisingly aggressive sounding lol.  Which I wanted.  

The striping was done by a local artist.  All the bridge hardware is custom machined.  Definitely the nicest playing guitar I have.  The action is incredible.

Anyway just posted to encourage others.  If you can't find exactly what you want...  Have it made!

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:42:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet looking axe!  Congrats
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:53:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Vey nice!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:40:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd love to have a custom guitar made up one day, Very Cool.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 8:11:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd love to have a custom guitar made up one day, Very Cool.
View Quote

Thanks...  It was really affordable, especially comparing it to the big names.  I didn't go with the fancy wood options or inlays.  I just wanted a simple tele style guitar with the tone options I had in mind.  

I was able to keep the cost down that way.  I got the case included in the price as well.  I would definitely look into customs if you can't find exactly what you want.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:17:22 AM EDT
[#5]
That's very cool.

I've never seen a pickup deal like that. Very interesting.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 12:06:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Very nice.  What type of frets did you opt for?
View Quote

Thanks... I went with stainless steel medium.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#8]
badass. love the pinstriping.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice, congrats.

Link Posted: 1/24/2017 5:14:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks neat OP.  Agreed about going the custom route to get what you want, that is what got me started building guitars 30-something years ago.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice, congrats!
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice!
Fantastic pinstripe job!
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Great looking guitar.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 3:40:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks everyone...  

I think I may have a loose ground though.  It is buzzing really bad on settings with any gain.   Changes or stops when I touch other metal parts.  

I will probably let him fix it since it is brand new.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Sweet looking axe. I hope the bugs get worked out and it ends up perfect.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:32:05 AM EDT
[#17]
That is one of the most awesome looking guitars I have seen in a long time. I love the color combination, the striping, and the focus on functionality. I also like that it is a matte finish without 34.5 layers of urethane.

-shooter
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 7:28:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks..  Found out it wasn't the guitar.  It's some sort of EMI problem with my house power that I'm still trying to fix.  

Quoted:
That is one of the most awesome looking guitars I have seen in a long time. I love the color combination, the striping, and the focus on functionality. I also like that it is a matte finish without 34.5 layers of urethane.

-shooter

Thank you, I appreciate the comments.  It plays and sounds amazing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top