Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats man, I'm glad you got what you really wanted and didn't settle.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 6:18:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.

Now if it would only get here...
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Congratulations!
Make sure you let the guitar acclimate to prevent checking the nitro finish

From Gibson:

My instrument has small cracks in the finish – what causes this? Is it covered under the warranty?

This is known as 'finish checking'. This is a result of the instrument being subjected to a rapid change in temperature or humidity. In most cases it happens in winter when a chilled instrument is exposed to warm air. The cracks are a result of the wood expanding faster than the lacquer. Since we have no control over the environmental conditions surrounding the use of the instrument we cannot cover this type of situation under our warranty.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 4:41:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You want a Les Paul with  Floyd Rose?  

And you want to FINANCE it??  
View Quote

Yep, don't buy a LP with a floyd.  If you want a floyd buy a Super-strat.

I suggest a Studio if you want a bang for the buck LP.  An Epiphone would need electronics upgrade so you would be at close to the same money anyway.

You can argue all day about the craftsmanship of Gibson vs Epiphone but there is no contest on the pickups.  As far ad the upper level models of LP go your paying for aesthetics mostly.  The Standard does have some cool features with it's push pull knobs etc but LP's of old didn't do all that anyway.  I like the Burstbucker pickups that come on the Standard but the pups in the Studio are just fine.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#5]
If you can swing a Lifeson LP, go for it. I'm not anti-Floyd if it does what you want. Lifeson and Schon have managed to do pretty decent guitar work with Floyds on their Les Pauls. OP, you have a gorgeous guitar inbound.

My '16 Studio Faded T actually came with 4-conductor Burstbucker Pro. After a brief search for the proper coil-tap PCB on eBay & craigslist, it now has the heart of a Standard. Yeah, a PCB. It may be my only guitar that isn't hand-wired, and it sounds just dandy.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Lol, I see some of you didn't read the whole thread.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:13:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Lol, I see some of you didn't read the whole thread.
View Quote

I did.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Congratulations!
Make sure you let the guitar acclimate to prevent checking the nitro finish

From Gibson:

My instrument has small cracks in the finish – what causes this? Is it covered under the warranty?

This is known as 'finish checking'. This is a result of the instrument being subjected to a rapid change in temperature or humidity. In most cases it happens in winter when a chilled instrument is exposed to warm air. The cracks are a result of the wood expanding faster than the lacquer. Since we have no control over the environmental conditions surrounding the use of the instrument we cannot cover this type of situation under our warranty.
View Quote

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#9]

There she is. My phone can't do it justice. It's fucking gorgeous.

This will be my first Floyd that I think I will let float. Should be interesting....

OH, and it sounds great too.

Thanks very much for all of the help guys.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#10]
That is beautiful, I bet it sounds incredible.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:23:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 7:26:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I remember back in the day when you couldn't give a LP with a Floyd Rose or Kahler away.  Do people really pay extra for that bullshit now?
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I remember back in the day when you couldn't give a LP with a Floyd Rose or Kahler away.  Do people really pay extra for that bullshit now?
View Quote

Line em up' I'll be glad to buy a fuck ton of em cheap.

This thing rocks with the FR, and the built in piezo ads a beautiful clear low end. It's fantastic.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Dude, she is absolutely beautiful. 
View Quote

Thanks very much
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That is beautiful, I bet it sounds incredible.
View Quote

Thanks. It really does.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#16]
It's gorgeous! Congrats!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:08:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's gorgeous! Congrats!
View Quote

Thanks man.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:11:36 AM EDT
[#18]
I could just sit & stare at the quilting in that maple top. Beautiful guitar.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Plus Gibson is notorious for only doing signature models for a short time. The exception being, of course, the entire Les Paul line.
View Quote
they're also notorious for re-releasing lines that were supposed to be limited .....  i.e. The Dave grohl sig
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:12:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Why would you want to ruin a perfectly good guitar with one of those things. 
If I was inclined to run a Floyd Rose I would go the Jackson / Ibanez route . 
View Quote

And then it wouldn't sound like a Les Paul

Would you buy an champ if you wanted the sound of a 2203?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top