Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2016 10:58:35 PM EDT
I'm trying to hire another sound dude for the club because I am about to get majorly busy in the concert room.

One guy shows up for an interview and immediately orders a pint of beer, drinks it while I'm showing him the stage and the gear.  Friggin' trips and falls on the stage.  I felt embarrassed for him at first, but then started to think that maybe he was already drunk.  Orders a second pint and sits there beside me while I'm mixing.  I tried to ask him some questions and the dude was just gone.

We get these chicks that get hired in the office. They immediately show up for a big show at the venue, bringing half a dozen friends in for free and getting shitty drunk.  They're gone within weeks if not days for acting like asses around everyone.

I realize that there are alcohol abusers in every line of work.  It's just weird that people get into something music oriented, and then think that it's OK to be all open with it.

How cool is my story, bros?

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:09:15 PM EDT
[#1]
From my experience is that the owner sets the rules at bars/clubs. I have been in ones that say the employees cannot drink and those that say even those under 21 can drink. And better service at those that say no drinking period or has to be very limited drinking like if a someone buys them a shot as long as they are legal age.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:18:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Your stumbling beer drinker is an idiot and an alcoholic.

Your partying girls have not been properly trained in correct and expected behavior.
I've run concert venues,  night clubs,  cheers type bars. You describe
A once in a while experience, not a common occurrence.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:25:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Your partying girls have not been properly trained in correct and expected behavior.

View Quote

I'll give ya that
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:07:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

One of the reason I posted is that in addition to the drunk interviewee last night, I find out today that the lady who did our payroll got canned.  She was definitely old enough to know better.

I would have never pinned her as someone with drinking issues.  She was fairly new, but seemed really professional during the day.  Then I saw her at a show the other night and was really taken aback by how sloshed she was.  Ended up acting goofy around our headliner and then getting into it with some of the interns in the parking lot

They're like rockets that explode on the launch pad

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Kinda makes me wish I lived down there. I rarely drink and while I don't know everything about mixing, I'm a quick learner and understand the subject well enough to get by messing around with my own stuff on the computer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top