Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2016 9:32:52 PM EDT
Just released today, I had it pre-ordered from Amazon.
I'm really digging it. Another great album from Sabaton.

The Last Stand is a concept album, the concept being historical final battles and heroic stands.

Let's check it out.

Track 1: Sparta

Song title is self explanatory, if you're a history buff or have seen 300, you know what it's about. Moderately paced with a solo I've come to expect from Sabaton. Decent song to start the album.

6/10

Track 2: Last Dying Breath

This song is about the Serbian army in WWI.

8/10

Track 3: Blood Of Bannockburn

This song is about the Battle of Bannockburn in 1314 during the first war of Scottish independence.

7/10

Track 4: Diary Of An Unknown Soldier

Short spoken word track from the diary of a US soldier in the Argonne during WWI, leads into the next track.

Track 5: The Lost Battalion

Great song! It's about the US 77th Division (Liberty Division) in WWI.

10/10

Track 6: Rorke's Drift

This is another great song. It's about The Battle Of Rorke's Drift during the Anglo-Zulu War. As seen in the movie Zulu.

Starting out, the guitar work is awesome, lyrics are great. "Zulus attack, fight back to back, show them no mercy and fire at will."

10/10

Track 7: The Last Stand

The title track is a good one, very good. It's about the stand of the Swiss Guard against Habsburg troops in 1527 during the Sack of Rome.

10/10

Track 8: Hill 3234

Good song about the defense of Hill 3234 by handful of Soviet airborne troops against 200+ Mujahideen in Afghanistan in 1987.

8/10

Track 9: Shiroyama

This is song is pretty good. About one of the last stands of the Samurai during the Battle Of Shiroyama which was the final battle of the Satsuma Rebellion in Japan, 1877.

8/10

Track 10: Winged Hussars

Love this song. It's about the Polish Winged Hussars cavalry and their breaking of the Siege Of Vienna in 1683.

10/10

Track 11: The Last Battle

This song is about the Battle For Castle Itter in WWII May 1945, where German and American troops joined forces to defend the castle against the  77th Panzergrenadier Division.

8/10

(Bonus) Track 12: Camouflage

Sabaton almost always does a song or two per album that aren't exactly based on historical stuff, this is one of them. It's a good song that tells an interesting story. 8/10

(Bonus) Track 13: All Guns Blazing

And the almost obligatory cover song from Sabaton, this one is a cover of Judas Priest's: All Guns Blazing and it's pretty good.

8/10

Overall, The Last Stand is a damn good album, I wouldn't call it the best Sabaton album, but it's up there.

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I never listened to them until they released The Last Battalion. When I first heard the song it seemed cheesy as hell. The more I've listened I'm digging them more and more.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:38:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag for later listening.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top