Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2016 8:12:55 PM EDT
Looking to buy a new Wah pedal, and am interested in what you guys think. What pedal has the most dynamic range, and deepest growl? I had a Dime Bag pedal a few years back, but it was lacking in both sweep and depth IMHO.

Link Posted: 7/17/2016 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Jerry Cantrell that I like, but if you want something you can tweak, get a 535Q.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#2]
When my Morley Tremonti wah crapped out I picked up a Crybaby 95Q, it's Q is tweakable, has a +15 DB Boost kick button with level control and is step on/step off - it's been pretty good to me for the past few gigs.
http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/95q-cry-baby-wah-wah
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 3:29:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Looking to buy a new Wah pedal, and am interested in what you guys think. What pedal has the most dynamic range, and deepest growl? I had a Dime Bag pedal a few years back, but it was lacking in both sweep and depth IMHO.

View Quote

did you try adjusting the arm that engages the pot?  You can change the sweep pretty easily....

I like old crybaby's...think the latest one I have is from the mid 70's...Thomas Organ company

the fasel inductor is the key

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 3:44:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a big fan of standard Crybaby pedals. I currently have the Zakk Wylde model and my only complaint would be that it is so distinct, you don't get much versatility if you're not trying to sound just like ZW.

Had a Vox before, it was boring. Dime's pedal was decent, so is Vai's
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:38:37 PM EDT
[#5]
The Jerry Cantrell wah is really nice.  I personally use one of the original Fulltone wahs.  You can dramatically change the tone by changing its position in the signal chain.  But I think a standard Cry Baby or the Jerry Cantrell will do you good.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a Dimebag wah recently. It was about the same price as the 535Q but had more options and a camo finish for better or worse. It sounds great, doesn't seem to suck tone; has a boost. It's pretty great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top