Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2016 3:30:08 PM EDT
I miss being able to play my cello (don't have access to it anymore).  What has made me want to get back into it is seeing all these other people play newer music on youtube.  I am married, have a kid, a job, and go to school.  I wouldn't have time to practice or perform.  I miss it.  Used to be part of a symphony orchestra but there is so much other music out there to play.  

A tease of a song that pains me not getting to try and play.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 4:10:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I miss being able to play my cello (don't have access to it anymore).  What has made me want to get back into it is seeing all these other people play newer music on youtube.  I am married, have a kid, a job, and go to school.  I wouldn't have time to practice or perform.  I miss it.  Used to be part of a symphony orchestra but there is so much other music out there to play.  

A tease of a song that pains me not getting to try and play.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgE-FNhHy54
View Quote
I quit playing music for the most part for 16 years not because of family or time but I just got tired of the BS.

Playing music with others can be very very taxing.

I understand the missing it though. I don't get to play out as much as I would like to but I play with a great group now.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:00:02 AM EDT
[#2]
One of the groups I play in is a community orchestra.  Most of the musicians played in high school and then didn’t play again for 40 or 50 years.  Take my word for it, they don’t practice at home and never play at all unless they’re at a rehearsal or playing a concert.  Their total investment in playing is 2 ½ hours, one night per week.
Most of them are, let’s just say, less than professional quality.
But (and this is my point) they have a good time, make friends and get to experience something they enjoy.
Consider checking this out.  Cellists are always in demand.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I drive truck, and I usually bring an electric and my little Peavey Vypyr with, but don't have room for the amp right now. But that will be remedied when I fix my good laptop and get Revalver 4 up and running on it.

So yeah, I miss being able to grab whichever guitar I want and plug into whichever amp I want at home, especially now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top