Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2016 5:39:15 PM EDT
We passed on Eagles of Death Metal, now they are playing House of Blues.  I just got a call from a music writer buddy of mine asking if I wanted to go.

I can't because I'll be working.  It's bad enough missing out on doing the show, now I get the joy of having to turn down a comp ticket.

I know this reeks of humble bragging, first world problems, etc., but this is truly a bummer all the way around.  It would've been a real source of pride having them here, and an invigorating change of pace I'm sure.

Since I'm already admitting all of this, might as well throw out the show I get to do instead of throwing down at HoB: Modern English
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 3:36:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep posting
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:52:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Keep posting

View Quote

Well I actually had a great time with Modern English.  It's cool when you see that there's a real band behind a video that you watched on MTV 30 years ago as a kid.  Most of it was dark, moody, new wave stuff which bore little resemblance to "I Melt With You."  They seemed happy with the production and how we treated them, which is always nice.

Here's a review of the Eagles of Death Metal show at HoB.  Keep in mind that the photos in this article were taken by one of the best photographers in Dallas, Mike Brooks.  He's also taken some great shots here at our place.  The below pic from our show with Modern English is just something I pulled off someone's facebook page.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 4:31:40 AM EDT
[#3]
have any more of those road worn gear photos
old beat up telecasters etc.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:32:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

have any more of those road worn gear photos

old beat up telecasters etc.
View Quote

Nothing really recent, except for this pic of the inside of Leon Russell's piano.  It is pretty cool, though.  I'll get back on it!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top