Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2016 11:37:08 PM EDT
Well?

I've been seeing a lot of dudes "wigging out" recently.  OK, most are tribute bands, and I'm all for trying to look the part.  Otherwise you're just a cover band with an extremely narrow repertoire

But I have seen at least one guy sporting a black wig, a guy who I know has a male pattern baldness issue.  His band is like a  Stryper/L.A. Guns thing, so I suppose hair is a necessary part of the deal.  It is a little hard not to think WTF, though.

Everyone knows that live shows often involves fakery, but is fake hair going too far?  Are you bald?  I am, and although a pony-tailed sound guy is preferred, it is not required.

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 12:52:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Nah.. After all  live music is Entertainment

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 1:22:59 AM EDT
[#2]
It's all fun and games until someone pulls the rug out from under you...
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 4:10:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's all fun and games until someone pulls the rug out from under you...
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 8:18:11 AM EDT
[#4]
If you're in a tribute and trying to pull off the look, I suppose it's okay, but for God's sake please spend a dollar or two and get a decent looking wig.  Holy crap...how many bands have I seen with $10 special Halloween wigs from Party City?  Lol.

Not in a tribute?  Embrace your own follicles, or the lack thereof.   I turned 47 this year, and thankfully don't need a wig or a weave...lol.

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 10:40:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Steel Panther would not be near as much fun without hair assistance devices.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I really don't care if they're wearing a wig or not. In fact, it might be a good idea. Think about it. You wear a wig on stage and shortly afterwards, then change your clothes & take the wig off and you're basically incognito.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you're in a tribute and trying to pull off the look, I suppose it's okay, but for God's sake please spend a dollar or two and get a decent looking wig.  Holy crap...how many bands have I seen with $10 special Halloween wigs from Party City?  Lol.

<snip>

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r636/brianmeyer/bjm_zpsnuf5rn0l.jpg

View Quote

I think you nailed it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top