Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2016 6:26:36 AM EDT
In homage to creating the first dreadnought in 1916, Martin Guitars is commemorating the 100 year anniversary with a new documentary, The Ballad of the Dreadnought.

worth a watch
https://vimeopro.com/user48581009/the-ballad-of-the-dreadnought
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Martin will always be my favorite acoustic brand.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 7:34:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Owners are democratic fundraisers and Obama lovers big time. Frankly, much of their guitars now are not that good.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 2:47:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a five year old martin right now that needs a neck reset..it isn't terrible by many people's standards but the joy of playing it has left me. I have shaved the saddle as low as I can take it.
It sucks because it still sounds phenomenal.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 3:44:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a five year old martin right now that needs a neck reset..it isn't terrible by many people's standards but the joy of playing it has left me. I have shaved the saddle as low as I can take it.It sucks because it still sounds phenomenal.
View Quote

That sucks, will Martin fix it for no cost
they should
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

they should

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a five year old martin right now that needs a neck reset..it isn't terrible by many people's standards but the joy of playing it has left me. I have shaved the saddle as low as I can take it.It sucks because it still sounds phenomenal.

they should

No. Martins position is all wood acoustics will need a neck reset in their life..some sooner than others.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd raise hell, should have a 'Lifetime Warranty To The Original Owner.'
What model?
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 10:08:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

What model?
View Quote
Lifetime warranty isn't worth a hoot. They all will tell you it was your fault. or they all do that.

The model is a DCPA4
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Was looking at their budget guitars when I decided to start taking lessons and was disappointed they are now made in Mexico.  Made me really, really regret selling my DM several years ago, which has been discontinued.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Was looking at their budget guitars when I decided to start taking lessons and was disappointed they are now made in Mexico.  Made me really, really regret selling my DM several years ago, which has been discontinued.  
View Quote
If you want an all wood Pennsylvania built Martin it will be at least a thousand dollars.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Frankly, much of their guitars now are not that good.
View Quote

Look, I don't like the fact that the owners are hardcore Dems either, but the guitars coming out of Nazareth right now are better than they were 30, 40, 50 years ago.

Mexican Martins are a different story.

Present day D-28, HD-28, D-18, 000-15M, OM-21, OM-28, etc (I could go on) - all are phenomenal sounding instruments.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 4:55:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Went to their page wanting a D-14....

Sigh....  I am not worthy of one of that value.  Most likely never will be but I keep trying.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lifetime warranty isn't worth a hoot. They all will tell you it was your fault. or they all do that.   The model is a DCPA4
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What model?
Lifetime warranty isn't worth a hoot. They all will tell you it was your fault. or they all do that.   The model is a DCPA4

I looked on Martins web page, said all warranty claims must be sent to the distributor where purchased.
Not to Martin, the OEM, BUT to the distributor.
Reading that really bummed me out.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:15:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Followed another link on Martins Official Page;
 What do I do if my guitar needs repairs?

You will have two options: (1) Send the guitar to the Martin factory for the repair (please contact Customer Service at 610-759-2837 to obtain a Return Authorization number and packing/shipping instructions. Do not ship the guitar without the Return Authorization number. (2) Take the guitar to a local Martin authorized repair center.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Finally watched the video, OP, Thanks.
Never really knew the story how Neil ended up with Hanks Guitar!
Loved when Neil was on the Grand Old Oprey, when Neil said, "This Old Guitar Is Back Where It Belongs"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top