Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2016 1:52:56 AM EDT
Hello all,

I'm looking to setup a Bluetooth speaker setup. I'm a novice at this, and am looking for any help. This setup will be a 2.0 (Just two speakers, no sub) setup. Expansion in the future would be great, but its not required. I've selected some of the parts. They are listed below:

Speakers

Bracket

The room configuration would be roughly as follows:

My question, is what exactly I need for this to work. Im using a tower PC without a pre-existing Bluetooth connection.

Do I need to purchase a Bluetooth receiver, or a Transmitter? (I'm assuming transmitter, since I want to stream music/movie sounds from my P.C. to the speakers) and the Speakers have blue tooth enabled on them, so, they have a receiver?

Do I need any special kind of transmitter to do this, or would a regular ol'e Blue Tooth Dongle work? Is there a better one I could be using to make sure my audio would sound better?

I forgot to add, since its two speakers. How do I pair them up? Does windows 7 (My current OS) automatically sync the two speakers together? Is there a program I need to download?

Any help, or reassurance to what im doing would be greatly appreciated! Any ideas for a better setup? Thanks!

Ryan
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
That dongle should work (both are BT 4.0), and once you pair the speakers with your computer windows should detect them as speakers and allow you to select them as an audio out. I've only paired my phone to my car stereo and portable combo units (seen as one device), but in theory your computer should recognize them as stereo speakers.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 8:17:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it should work just fine, just follow the instructions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top