Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2016 9:05:58 PM EDT
So I am always on the lookout for good deals. Mostly, that seems to happen on guitars that have been discontinued.

Anyway, I noticed that MF had a Schecter C1 FR on sale from $899 to $599. Then I see they have three 'blemished' ones for $479. I've bought used guitars before but never online that I've never seen before. So I called them up and the guy I spoke with was very friendly.

To keep a long story short I decided to go with one of the blems for $479 shipped. Figured lightly used (per the description) for 55% of the original new price, why not? It ticked most/all of my boxes: ebony fretboard, metal guitar, cool/different inlays, etc. It showed up today and I must say I am very impressed! You can tell it's been used/played, but the fit and finish are perfect. Other than some minor pick marks, it's brand new! I've seen worse at a local guitar center display guitars.

Anyway, just wanted to share that I am happy with the situation. A week ago a new one would've been $899 and getting a 99% version for $479 feels like a win. Anyone else buy a blem from MF?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/schecter-guitar-research-blackjack-c-1-electric-guitar-with-floyd-rose?pfm=rv

Link Posted: 4/2/2016 1:19:06 AM EDT
[#1]
My dealings with MF have been positive so far. Never bought a blem from them or anyone else. I have bought demo equipment though.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, bought a 2nd Les Paul Custom (Epiphone MIK) for a ridiculous price from MF years ago.  Other than the 2nd stamp on the back of the headstock, I wonder what is blemished to this day.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Nope, maybe I should pay a little more attention to their blem sales.  

That's a very metal guitar, brutal man.

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 8:14:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never bought a guitar without looking it over in person, but I've bought other stuff from MF and other online retailers. And congrats, looks like you got a good deal.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, bought a 2nd Les Paul Custom (Epiphone MIK) for a ridiculous price from MF years ago.  Other than the 2nd stamp on the back of the headstock, I wonder what is blemished to this day.
View Quote

I think the “2nd” means it’s a factory second or refirb. Like something wasn’t perfect when it went through QC.

I had a Rhoads V that was a 2nd. Nothing was wrong with it and it played fine. Ended up selling it but it was a nice guitar.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never bought a guitar without looking it over in person, but I've bought other stuff from MF and other online retailers. And congrats, looks like you got a good deal.
View Quote

Yea, I hear ya. I’d prefer it that way, too. Thing is the closest GCs from me are a solid drive away. And the few times a year I’m able to go to one they rarely have anything I am interested in. They have Strats and Les Pauls for days, but when it comes to nicer Schecters, Jacksons, ESPs there are basically nothing.

Like many, I am very particular and finding what I want locally is virtually impossible so I buy a lot online and have had good experiences thus far.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Just noticed they're now selling the blems for $388! $90 less than I paid for mine. I am still happy with my purchase, but if anyone is looking that's a friggen deal. I have half a mind to buy another one and put it on CL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top