Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2015 7:25:53 PM EDT
Any suggestions? I was looking at Hercules and they say they are nitro safe...but, every formula is different and etc.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I love nitro.  I hate nitro.  

I don't have an answer for you.  I hung a PRS nitro finish guitar once with a PRS leather strap on it.  It was up for less than 5 days.  The Hercules hanger did not hurt it.  The strap was eating into the finish where it was touching.

PRS made good and repainted the entire guitar.  Love PRS.  Still not sure I]ll ever buy another nitro finish.

Link Posted: 11/19/2015 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#2]
String Swing
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 9:51:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Hercules claims that their stands/hangers are nitrocellulose safe. My kids are young enough that I don't leave my Les Paul out anyway (lesson learned when a toddler hove a remote control that hit the body while I played). Most of my other guitars are poly finished. The auto lacquer I used on one guitar refinish seemed to hold up ok for a week or two on my Hercules stand.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 9:57:04 AM EDT
[#4]
We make guitars, using nitro, and i also make the wall hangers.

I have had good luck with thin strips of closed cell foam on the wooden
Hook, which is then covered in felt...
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We make guitars, using nitro, and i also make the wall hangers.

I have had good luck with thin strips of closed cell foam on the wooden
Hook, which is then covered in felt...
View Quote

Who is we? This sounds like it could be interesting.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
String Swing
View Quote

+1

I have 7 hanging in my room, no issues with the nitro finished models.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:36:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I love nitro.  I hate nitro.  

I don't have an answer for you.  I hung a PRS nitro finish guitar once with a PRS leather strap on it.  It was up for less than 5 days.  The Hercules hanger did not hurt it.  The strap was eating into the finish where it was touching.

PRS made good and repainted the entire guitar.  Love PRS.  Still not sure I]ll ever buy another nitro finish.

View Quote

I always thought PRS finishes were poly.....every one that I have seen is a poly finish
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top