Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2015 9:08:10 AM EDT
Just thought I'd pass this along, since I have one of these, and they are awesome pedals. MF has then for $230 today.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

*deal has ended*
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:19:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no experience with Bogner products. I'm sure for that price it has to have an awesome feature set. It looks like it from the pic.

I just put myself on the waiting list for the Analog Man King of Tone pedal which is roughly the same price. Should take a year to get it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:08:41 PM EDT
[#2]
This pedal lives up to the hype. The regular price is $300, which is what I paid. One of the few things I've bought that didn't give me buyer's remorse for a few days.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This pedal lives up to the hype. The regular price is $300, which is what I paid. One of the few things I've bought that didn't give me buyer's remorse for a few days.
View Quote

Have had two of them (and one Blue). They really were awesome. When I had them running into my Fender Supersonic Twin (loaded with two V30s)... they sounded just like my old XTC Classic head. I cannot recommend them enough to people looking for the Bogner sound without the price tag.

Having said that... I'd still love to own an XTC 20th Anniversary head at some point. I'm not jonesing for too many amps these days, but that's still one of them.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 1:14:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Have had two of them (and one Blue). They really were awesome. When I had them running into my Fender Supersonic Twin (loaded with two V30s)... they sounded just like my old XTC Classic head. I cannot recommend them enough to people looking for the Bogner sound without the price tag.

Having said that... I'd still love to own an XTC 20th Anniversary head at some point. I'm not jonesing for too many amps these days, but that's still one of them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?! You sold them? Lol
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah... my music store buddy wanted to buy them off me and I haven't been using them, so I sold 'em. He's got the Bogner line now, so I can buy more anytime. They're great pedals, but I find that right now I'm not using pedals for my OD tones at all. I use my Roland Cube 80XL for daily practice (I run it into a V30-loaded 4x12). And on the weekends I've got the Splawn QR and Ceri Chupacabra to crank up. So any need for pedal distortion just isn't there right now. I've got a Carl Martin Plexitone that I no longer use I should drop-off at the store as well. It and the Bogner Red are my favorite distortion pedals of all time (I've owned two of each), but I just don't need 'em right now.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah... my music store buddy wanted to buy them off me and I haven't been using them, so I sold 'em. He's got the Bogner line now, so I can buy more anytime. They're great pedals, but I find that right now I'm not using pedals for my OD tones at all. I use my Roland Cube 80XL for daily practice (I run it into a V30-loaded 4x12). And on the weekends I've got the Splawn QR and Ceri Chupacabra to crank up. So any need for pedal distortion just isn't there right now. I've got a Carl Martin Plexitone that I no longer use I should drop-off at the store as well. It and the Bogner Red are my favorite distortion pedals of all time (I've owned two of each), but I just don't need 'em right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, just givin' ya shit, man. Have you heard any of the demos of the new Dunlop/EVH 5150 pedal? It seems to be a winner.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:41:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah, just givin' ya shit, man. Have you heard any of the demos of the new Dunlop/EVH 5150 pedal? It seems to be a winner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't. Will have to keep my eyes pealed for one to try!

Almost brought a Friedman Smallbox home to try today. I had one for am afternoon this summer. But I'm thinking about selling my Ceri Chupacabra and grabbing the Smallbox to go with my Splawn.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#8]
It's crazy what a good overdrive pedal will do for your tone (and in some cases what it won't do which is what you may want).

I got lucky and found an Analog Man Prince of Tone locally on Craigslist. They're almost always out of stock on the website. Superb condition. I had never heard one in person. After trying it out to make sure everything worked, I didn't hesitate to pay him the $140 we agreed upon (which is what it retails for new before shipping).

I took it to my buddy's house tonight and we compared it to his Soul Food overdrive pedal playing through a Gibson Studio 339 and Vox AC-15. No comparison between the two.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:49:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Its back for $199 now so ya better jump quick.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:39:03 PM EDT
[#10]
It's back, $179.99, today.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I just put myself on the waiting list for the Analog Man King of Tone pedal which is roughly the same price. Should take a year to get it.
View Quote

The KoT is an amazing pedal... It is well worth the wait.
About a week after I got my first one, I put my name on the list for round two... gonna grab the high gain modded version when my name comes around again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top