Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2015 11:00:33 PM EDT
Good thing I did not love it as asking price is 14k
My only real beef is the vintage frets(I guess not for me) but it was set up very well.
But it did have a few other issues, loved the fat neck
here it is...cracked headstock repair, decal looked funky, but I'm no expert on vintage guitars.
http://guitarhangar.com/guitars/fender/vintage-1955-fender-telecaster-natural-finish
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:18:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I didn't read the description, but that looks like an ash body. That's the perfect wood for a Tele.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:50:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Man that thing looks very very dry. How do you break a chunk out of a rock maple neck.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 1:04:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I liked this one alot
almost the same neck as the 55
http://guitarhangar.com/guitars/bill-nash-t-63
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I've always wanted a vintage Tele, but honestly there are so many builders making fantastic guitars today that I could never justify the expense.

Besides that money would be better spent on lessons for me.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Wayyyyy tooo many modifications to that one to be worth 14K... body has been sanded, etc.

Headstock crack on a  Tele?... How?  That must have taken a huge hit.
Decal appears to be in the wrong spot for that era.

I'd steer clear of that one.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 4:01:19 PM EDT
[#6]
No way that Tele is worth 14 K.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:37:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No way that Tele is worth 14 K.
View Quote

Agree
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I was just talking to a guitar tech locally about bad ideas by guitar manufacturers. He mentioned fender bringing back that bridge style, where you have hell setting the intonation,
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was just talking to a guitar tech locally about bad ideas by guitar manufacturers. He mentioned fender bringing back that bridge style, where you have hell setting the intonation,
View Quote

That style bridge is bad for intonation, but with brass saddles it is great for that Tele tone.
Steel saddles a bit less so... but it does give the Tele some of it's defining character.

I'd prefer that harder to intonate (sometimes impossible) bridge over a six saddle like the more modern MIMs and such.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 4:58:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's already available on certain models.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 7:58:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That style bridge is bad for intonation, but with brass saddles it is great for that Tele tone.
Steel saddles a bit less so... but it does give the Tele some of it's defining character.

I'd prefer that harder to intonate (sometimes impossible) bridge over a six saddle like the more modern MIMs and such.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahh, Makes sense.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Callaham enhanced vintage.

They also have a slant compensated.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top