Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2015 12:46:38 PM EDT
I'm going to start composing music, mostly for movie soundtracks.
I plan to buy the Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2 software.
I need a keyboard controller but have no idea what to buy.
Maybe $600 or less?
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 6:25:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a keyboard guy so much, but Casio has a weighted 88 key that was in that range. I think I saw it at Costco. I had already bought a different Casio model for about $800, or I'd have grabbed it. Might be worth a look on their site.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:30:20 AM EDT
[#2]
You can also find good used Korg, Roland, and Alesis synths with weighted keys for that kind of money or less if you look around. Any if them will work for a MIDI controller with the added benefit of being good synths on their own.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#3]
If I were you I'd go to a music store and try a bunch of controllers to see what you like. I really don't like playing on unweighted keyboards or mini keyboards (ironic since my favorite synth is my Korg MS-20 mini )

My main MIDI controller is a Novation Impulse. It has a great semi-weighted feel. Unfortunately there's no 88 key version.

$400 on Amazon. I got mine for $320 OTD at Guitar Center. Remember, GC will *ALWAYS* take at least 10% off. Play hardball, try to get a package deal (I got a two tier stand thrown in for free) and don't be afraid to walk out - they will chase after you. More fun than buying a car
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top