Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2015 5:29:54 PM EDT
New to me at least.  Think it is from the 1960s.  Got a hell of a deal on it on EBay and couldn't pass it up.  It's a little musty smelling but looks awesome.  Needs a little work but considering the estate company found it in a closet, it looks great.

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:18:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks very nice!  

See:

http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?1924-Buescher-400-good-or-not-so-good

and

http://www.saxgourmet.com/buescher-400-the-best-saxophone-ever/
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Just looked and the low B and B flat keys are on the back of the bell.  Very cool!!!

Also, I found a Lyons Chicago mouthpiece with ligiture in the body of the horn.  Never heard of them and internet searching doesn't bring up very much.  Interesting!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks nice. Hope you have a blast with it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 12:21:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm officially jelly. Damn nice sax you have there. My HS band director had an old Buescher alto that was made in the early 20's. I'd love to get my hands on an old Buescher at some point. My repair tech had one similar to yours the last time I took one of my horns to him, and he had repadded it with the white kangaroo pads with metal resonators. That thing looked and sounded awesome.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:05:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Legit.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 5:06:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Hows she play? Looks like a great horn.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 7:53:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hows she play? Looks like a great horn.
View Quote

It had some issues as I knew it would.  I sent it down to saxquest in St. Louis to do a complete recondition on it.  Can't wait to get it back!  Looks like it had been lacquered in the past but whoever did it looks like they did a good job.  Pads were pretty good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top