Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2015 10:15:53 AM EDT
It’s been a busy week.  

Last Sunday, I played bass trombone in a Flag Day ceremony with 20 other trombone players.
Monday I had two rehearsals back-to-back, one with an orchestra (bass ‘bone) and the other with a jazz band (tenor trombone).
Tuesday, rehearsal with a big municipal band (bass).
Wed and Thurs, concerts with the orchestra (bass).
Friday, a three hour dance with a jazz band (tenor).
Yesterday, a three hour gig with a different jazz band (bass).

That's eight rehearsals or performances in seven days.

This morning, my face is numb from the middle of my nose to the tip of my chin.

I have today off, but I’ll have two rehearsals again tomorrow and another one on Tuesday.  

With all the playing lately, I haven’t been able to get to the range for three weeks!
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 3:12:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:19:23 AM EDT
[#2]
You have to wonder which Goodwill she got that jacket from.

And the collar pin looks like some kind of miniature Klingon ceremonial weapon.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#3]
No ska band rehearsal?
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 3:19:28 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a guy with a set of African drums who sits in now and then with one of the jazz bands I play on.  Very cool sound.

It's fun doing call-and-response improv with him.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:26:07 AM EDT
[#5]
And at a Melbourne Municipal Band rehearsal last night, I was approached to play with the Central Florida Winds.  That's quite an honor, I can tell you!

I don't care how busy I am, I can't turn down the opportunity to play with that group!  Nothing definite yet, so we'll see what happens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top