Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2015 10:06:05 PM EDT
The opening song, "Frozen Heart" sounds really cool, but I don't know if that's actually a style of music, or just something they came up with for the movie. It makes me think of a mix between old mariners songs and...I dunno...Gregorian chant? No idea.

If it is a style, anybody know what it's called? Or more stuff with that general sound?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:09:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:14:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Same here. My two year old likes the soundtrack. I don't mind the music, overall, but this song I particularly like.

Maybe I should look up work songs?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:59:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Vot deed yoo call me?
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#5]
My 2yr old daughter has so much Frozen stuff around the house we could start our own store.  I've seen the movie dozens of times too and I have to say it's not too bad.  There are other kids movies/cartoons that I can't stand.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 8:45:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Basic work song.  You could probably find a lot of recordings of similar songs in the "world music" category.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 7:10:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Basic work song.  You could probably find a lot of recordings of similar songs in the "world music" category.
View Quote

I'll check that out. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I know what you mean, I also like this type of music a lot. If you like it, I would check out the soundtrack to the videogame Skyrim. It’s fantastic with a lot of great, powerful orchestra and some powerful male (and female) choir vocals.  For a preview just YouTube ‘Skyrim – Dragonborn’ or something like that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:36:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Vaaaat did you call me???

I have also seen this movie more times than I'd like to admit. Not by choice...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:57:05 PM EDT
[#10]
If you are interested in learning about old work songs or kind of oral history tunes look up Alan Lomax and is work with the smithsonian way back when.

It's a good place to start. Truly old time stuff.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you are interested in learning about old work songs or kind of oral history tunes look up Alan Lomax and is work with the smithsonian way back when.

It's a good place to start. Truly old time stuff.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:09:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Heard this?  The clapping and background reminds me of a work/chain gang kind of song...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top