Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2015 6:38:25 PM EDT
I have one of these
Matrix SR-1000V

Its the type that has a plug which the other end has a clamp that you attach to the bridge.
There is a switch that lets you change notes but not all of the strings seem to register anything on the needle.
Is this tuner junk?  I see very inexpensive digital tuners on ebay for $5

[update]
well, no sooner did I post this that - read some posts on amazon about others who had similar trouble.  i just turned the pegs a bit more than what I had before and the needle started to register on the other strings.
i just need some fine tuning screws for the other strings.

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I tuned with a pitchpipe up until recently... for cheap clip on, get a Snark.

I can tune a violin with mine, i clip it to any peg and go to town.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 9:45:37 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the Snark. I've had one for years and bought a second one recently.

I also use Pitch Lab Lite on my phone when I don't have a Snark handy. It seems to be fairly accurate for a free app.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I like a cheap Korg chromatic tuner (about $20).  If you have an Android OS, look for a free app called SmartChord.  It has an amazing range of features, and you can use the mandolin tuning to tune the violin.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 12:40:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a stand alone Korg a clip on Korg and three Snarks. They all work well but I prefer the clip on Korg.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top